Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Upgrading to a better graphics card. Where can I find information?

Is there a good tool to use to find a better graphics card for my current system?
System:
Product name: h8-1214
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Service Pack 1
Graphics card:
AMD Radeon HD 7450
Current Resolution: 1920 x 1080
Refresh: 60
Version: 8.960.11.1000 (4/25/2012)*This is the latest driver update I could find for this card.
Graphics Memory: 1,662 MB
- - - - - -
I read the thread *WIP* Supported Graphics Card List (The Sims 4 Edition) by @CodySimstein
My card is not on the list but I am confused as to what I can get and put in myself that will work with my computer.
Any help is appreciated. -EQ

Comments

• Options
    CodySimsteinCodySimstein Posts: 1,466 Member
    Is there a good tool to use to find a better graphics card for my current system?
    System:
    Product name: h8-1214
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Service Pack 1
    Graphics card:
    AMD Radeon HD 7450
    Current Resolution: 1920 x 1080
    Refresh: 60
    Version: 8.960.11.1000 (4/25/2012)*This is the latest driver update I could find for this card.
    Graphics Memory: 1,662 MB
    - - - - - -
    I read the thread *WIP* Supported Graphics Card List (The Sims 4 Edition) by @CodySimstein
    My card is not on the list but I am confused as to what I can get and put in myself that will work with my computer.
    Any help is appreciated. -EQ

Hello,

The reason why you have not found your graphics card on my list is that I and the team are in the process of updating the thread so that we have a complete list. However, I expect it to be able to handle The Sims 4 at medium settings (provided the rest of your system meets the recommended requirements).

I hope this helps and keep simming,

Cody
    Member of the Tech Responders team.

Ask me about custom-built PCs!

Need to upgrade? - $400 for high settings in Sims 4 --> http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LtphdC
  • Options
    EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    Hello,
    The reason why you have not found your graphics card on my list is that I and the team are in the process of updating the thread so that we have a complete list. However, I expect it to be able to handle The Sims 4 at medium settings (provided the rest of your system meets the recommended requirements).
    Cody
    Thank you @CodySimstein for the reply. (*)
    I realize the list is not complete. I will be happy to be able to run Sims 4 with my current setup.
    I am still going to be shopping for a card that will allow me to run at optimal rather than medium settings.
    At least I will have more time to decide what to get. B)
  • Options
    CodySimsteinCodySimstein Posts: 1,466 Member
    Hello,
    Cody
    Thank you @CodySimstein for the reply. (*)
    I realize the list is not complete. I will be happy to be able to run Sims 4 with my current setup.
    I am still going to be shopping for a card that will allow me to run at optimal rather than medium settings.
    At least I will have more time to decide what to get. B)

I hope in a future upgrade to add a 'rank' for cards that can run the game at Ultra settings - check back in the future, and you can choose whichever card of that rank takes your fancy. If you would like to upgrade your graphics card, then I would also suggest upgrading your power supply as well. Feel free to ask about this if you have any more questions.

Cody
    Member of the Tech Responders team.

Ask me about custom-built PCs!

Need to upgrade? - $400 for high settings in Sims 4 --> http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LtphdC