Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sept 2-Torture Day!

Am I the only one who can't get enough of the new Sims 4, but is painfully reminded that I won't be able to play :-(

Comments

• Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    If you're that desperate maybe you should buy a copy of Windows and Boot Camp your Mac?
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    I'm afraid I don't really mind either way. I'm waiting for a proper Mac version. :D
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    southaltansouthaltan Posts: 152 Member
    I thought about it, but I'll patiently wait until we get our Mac version. I just remember getting TS2 and TS3 on release day. (that was before I had a mac though)
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    50/50 But I can't wait to design my own dream house, it's one of my most favorite things to do. then make my own simself, then my sim family, and rebuild the town to my likeness. I have so many stories to make. I want them to do a great job, but I also don't want them to take a whole year to make the Sims 4 for mac. I'm hoping by this winter It'll be out. I need to focus on school this semester so it works out, and during the Winter and Spring since i'm off from school i can play the Sims 4 and work.

Not to sound rude, but if any EP or SP or game console gets the Sims 4 before Mac comes out, I'm done with EA. Cause that's another slap across the face to us.
    EA wanted to "Focus on Windows" so they paused the Mac version. Mac now deserves the same focus before anything else.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    ErisineErisine Posts: 156 Member
    Surely Macs are capable of running Virtual Machines.

You can get a free, easy to use one if you just look around. If your Mac is beefy enough, it should have no problem running a VM capable of playing this game. This is how I get Windows-only games on my Linux laptop. lol
  • Options
    Erisine wrote: »
    Surely Macs are capable of running Virtual Machines.

You can get a free, easy to use one if you just look around. If your Mac is beefy enough, it should have no problem running a VM capable of playing this game. This is how I get Windows-only games on my Linux laptop. lol

Of course, or people can Boot Camp their Macs. Either way it is possible to play TS4 when it's released, just not in OS X
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    nubian5989nubian5989 Posts: 1 New Member
    I've been an avid Sims player since the original I think the point MasonGamer is saying is us (Mac users) shouldn't have to bootcamp our computers in order to play the game. They should focus on Mac users as well as PC users. It makes no sense to not market to the two most widely used computer systems,. And its completely unacceptable that they don't even have an idea of when they'll be releasing a Mac version. This is BS and if they don't get it together they may just lose a lot of customers marketing this way.
  • Options
    Absolutely. But instead of complaining, which evidently EA ignore, either accept that it's not possible and wait for an OS X version or install Windows using Boot Camp or a VM. When you buy a Mac you know that not all software is available for it as Windows is the predominant OS the world over, it's not just EA.

Look at the mess EA created using Cider for TS3. We got it the same time but the gameplay is substandard compared to Windows users. TS1 and TS2 was well worth the wait because they were native to the OS.
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    msarobixmsarobix Posts: 192 Member
    Although I am not thrilled to install Windows, via BootCamp on my MAC, I want to play Sims 4. I figure that I can always remove the Windows OS once the MAC version is released. That way I don't have to suffer while waiting for the MAC version, I will still get to play and experience the game.
  • Options
    PlyrOwnerPlyrOwner Posts: 200 Member
    Hmm good point msarobix maybe i will bite the bullet and do that as well