Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The UNOFFICIAL Forum Bug Thread: Found a bug? Report it here until were told otherwise...

bflurybflury Posts: 2,603 Member
EA is still in process of transitioning to the new forums, but lets help keep them aware of anything we spot...

Bugs identified on the forum:
1) The report post is broken
- FIXED.
2) The connecting Facebook and Twitter is broken
3) The forums are imposing an insanely small max. character count, but existing threads already exceed this limit and show up just fine
4) Emails / notifications about people commenting in foreign languages
- FIXED?
5) Censors are not working - Words not allowed: p u b l i c, t i t l e, j a p a n, Words allowed: 🐸🐸🐸🐸, 🐸🐸🐸🐸, jackass
- PARTIALLY FIXED. The words above work now, but you can't say t i l t. And curse words are still allowed.
6) Previously perma-banned accounts may be returning when they shouldn't?!?
- OPEN, BUT HIGH PRIORITY.
7) The bookmarks page seems to include all posts ever
- NOT GOING TO BE ADDRESSED.
8 ) Responding on a multi-page thread, puts your response at the bottom of the current page and will not show properly until you refresh
9) Cannot modify email address and username (is this intentional?)
10) When I click on any thread from the "Reactions" page, I get a "Page Not Found" error.
- FIXED.
11) When I click on a thread from the main General Discussion page, it will not only go to the last page but will take me to the bottom of the last page where the footer is instead of the last post.
12) Can't dismiss crincrit's stickie on Sims 4 forum (might be because they are non-EA employee?)
13) When I switch to the German forum, the drop down box jumps back to English and I have to edit the URL to get back to the English forum since choosing English from the drop down box doesn't do anything.
- FIXED.
14) They need to limit a user from trolling / stalking other members.
- FIXED.
15) The censor is also switching on and off via edit and quote modes. Censored words become uncensored after quoting and vice versa.
16) Spoiler tag does not work
17) A lot of individuals (myself included) legitimately earned the Combo Breaker badge on Day 1 but it was never awarded.
18) There are badges (such as "100 Awesomes") listed here, that can't be earned.
19) The "flag" drop-down menu doesn't stay on top making it impossible to report forum abusers sometimes. It happens with the "leave a comment" as well.
- FIXED.
20) Cannot delete a draft reply from the PC.

Design issues:
1) Additional smileys are missing and upsetting Jules
2) Not allowed to use different font sizes, PLEASE ADDRESS. They serve VALID purposes for headers and such.
3) Censor is replacing words with "plum" and confusing some people. Can we at least have *plum*?
4) Where are the friends page?
- CLOSED. Not planned for now.
5) There is no reason feedback should be anonymous (they claim it is due to privacy concerns)
- FIXED (in a way).
6) Can we have it changed so that when you quote someone the name of the quoted appears as @name? That way we will automatically be informed when someone responds to what we said by quoting us. Right now quoting someone doesn't send a notification.
7) Can we get a way to report/flag a user, not just individual posts?
8) Could you post some information about new member vs member status and what the privileges are as well as info on what the like, agree, disagree buttons do to reputation and if any of that counts toward getting suspended or banned?
9) Enable mode for viewing all drafts on the PC (its viewable on the mobile device).

Please let me know if you have others...
"In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.
Post edited by bflury on

Comments

• Options
    CandacisCandacis Posts: 186 Member
    Yeah, I was wondering that, too. No feedback thread, button or anything.
    But I hear, they are still working on the forum, so they are probably some things that are still missing.

Oh, and the report function doesn't work.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    Start a bug thread. If enough people join in it may get noticed and/or stickied.
  • Options
    Thanks! Guess I'll just wait around. This limit count will be a huge issue if not addressed, especially for those petitions and the DD stalking thread :)
    "In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.
  • Options
    Connecting facebook or twitter doesn't work either, or I can't find it.
  • Options
    greenXen wrote: »
    Start a bug thread. If enough people join in it may get noticed and/or stickied.
    Great idea, changing the header now...
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Ok. I think this might be one. I just got an Italian email notification about someone commenting on a thread I didn't make and have never seen:

didistar88 ha commentato su Demo del CUS di The Sims 4

Segui il link in basso per dare uno sguardo:
    http://forums.thesims.com/it_IT/discussion/comment/12369914#Comment_12369914

Buona giornata!
  • Options
    ShepherdmoonShepherdmoon Posts: 1,486 Member
    I also got a couple emails about people commenting in Spanish.
    tumblr_static_sh2.gif
  • Options
    Here's another one: If I start typing a comment but decide against it, there is no way to delete it. I can even try erasing it and hitting "save draft" on an empty message, but it will still sometimes automatically show up in the "leave a comment" box when I reload. I finally just changed it to "x" so I wouldn't have to look at the long thing any more, and at least that worked (can't get rid of it completely though).
    tumblr_static_sh2.gif
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Here's another one: If I start typing a comment but decide against it, there is no way to delete it. I can even try erasing it and hitting "save draft" on an empty message, but it will still sometimes automatically show up in the "leave a comment" box when I reload. I finally just changed it to "x" so I wouldn't have to look at the long thing any more, and at least that worked (can't get rid of it completely though).

Ya I noticed that too. and the dang smilies don't work :(

• Options
    Combo Breaker Badge doesn't get assigned, even if you earned 5 badges in the day.
  • Options
    AoralysAoralys Posts: 572 Member
    well the word p.ublic keeps getting censored but 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and 🐸🐸🐸🐸 have shown up just fine in people's posts.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I'm not sure if these would qualify as a bugs, but:

1. The censor seems off.

Word not allowed: p.u.b.l.i.c.
    Word not allowed: t.itle
    Word allowed: 🐸🐸🐸🐸

And, "plum"? Is this really the substitution they want for censored words?

2. Are the previously perma-banned accounts supposed to be allowed back?
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • Options
    blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    Not everyone is getting their anniversary badges. I've been here all day and "still" have not received them. :(:'(
    I should have them all because I'm ancient. ;)
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • Options
    phineas1920phineas1920 Posts: 935 Member
    Aren't they still working on the forum though?
    5fhzzo.jpg
  • Options

I like it...

tumblr_static_sh2.gif
  • Options
    Aren't they still working on the forum though?

Yes, that makes something like this all the more effective. They can fix some of these things while they're working on the site.

• Options
    I just found a new bug in the censorship system: If you type something that is censored, it will appear as "plum". If you then go and edit that post, the word will no longer be censored. However, the next time you reload it will be censored again.
    tumblr_static_sh2.gif
  • Options

I like it...

It's plum crazy! >:)
  • Options
    AlourraAlourra Posts: 492 Member
    The censor replacing words with plum isn't a bug, it's a feature. Wildstar's forum uses *cupcake* in the same way. It makes for some interesting sentences, lol.
  • Options
    Alourra wrote: »
    The censor replacing words with plum isn't a bug, it's a feature. Wildstar's forum uses *cupcake* in the same way. It makes for some interesting sentences, lol.

Yes--and then when someone insults you, instead of feeling offended you can laugh at how silly it sounds--it just might calm some tempers here.

tumblr_static_sh2.gif
  • Options
    PixelatedPlumbobPixelatedPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    edited August 2014
    Also effing is allowed - the full word.
  • Options
    mw1234mw1234 Posts: 5,400 Member
    You can't change your email and/or username. They are grayed out... Not sure if this is an issue or a permanent feature, but I'd like clarification on it once the Forums are done! :)
  • Options
    edited August 2014

Yes--and then when someone insults you, instead of feeling offended you can laugh at how silly it sounds--it just might calm some tempers here.

Except you can't because they can still call someone 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and 🐸🐸🐸🐸 :o , just not pub.licly :D

• Options
    DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    Something is wrong with the bookmarks. I have 91 pages of bookmarks. :o I think that all of the bookmarks I ever made, even ones I have since deleted, are showing up. I can't find jacksquat in there!!
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • Options

Couldn't they do *plum* or something? Just using "plum" seems out of place? Or am I wrong? I don't mind taking it off...