Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Edit in Game for Go Social?

ianxziianxzi Posts: 723 Member
Hi everyone!
I just want to know if there's any way that I can use Edit in Game mode with the Go Social version of Sims 3 (The one downloaded from Origin.) I hear that you need the early copy of The Sims 3 that doesn't have the launcher in order to enter Edit in Game mode.
If there's no way to do so, then I REALLY hope the Sims team creates a way for us with Go Social to use Edit in Game before the Sims 4 launches.
original.gif

Comments

• Options
    LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    edited April 2014
    Hello Turtlez98,
    I don't think there is a solution other than investing in another Sims3 base game.

Here is a link to a discussion about this issue that might help.
    http://modthesims.info/t/503474
  • Options
    KeightKeight Posts: 86 Member
    Okay, I got help directly from an EA tech, and there IS a solution to this...it's just way complicated.

FIRST: Uninstall The Sims 3 entirely
    SECOND: Get a registry cleaner like CCleaner; under "Registry" have it "Scan for issues". You will have to do this multiple times before everything is ready to go. When there are no more issues to be fixed, close CCleaner
    THIRD: Download and install the digital version of The Sims 3
    FOURTH: Run The Sims 3 once, just to get everything established
    FIFTH: Download and install the Sims 3 superpatcher; your version of The Sims 3 should now be 1.67.2.024017

After this, Edit In Game should work without the Origin client coming up. Badabing.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Did it work? @Keight
  • Options
    I wouldn't be posting it if it hadn't; worked like a charm! :smile:
  • Options
    ianxziianxzi Posts: 723 Member
    I'll have to try that out! Not sure if necroposting is allowed, but I'm really glad you told me this :P
    original.gif
  • Options
    Hey, I'm only trying to help folks; if that's against the forum rules, just call me an outlaw. :)
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Keight wrote: »
    I wouldn't be posting it if it hadn't; worked like a charm! :smile:

You did say, "After this, Edit In Game should work without the Origin client coming up." so I wasn't sure if you did this or was only repeating.
    It's great for builders then. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    > @Rflong7 said:
    > You did say, "After this, Edit In Game should work without the Origin client coming up." so I wasn't sure if you did this or was only repeating.
    > It's great for builders then. :mrgreen:

I did it.
    The game itself will activate without Origin too. I'm very pleased to have this workaround. :)
  • Options
    sirguylittlesirguylittle Posts: 776 Member
    Keight wrote: »
    Okay, I got help directly from an EA tech, and there IS a solution to this...it's just way complicated.<br />
    <br />
    FIRST: Uninstall The Sims 3 entirely<br />
    SECOND: Get a registry cleaner like CCleaner; under "Registry" have it "Scan for issues". You will have to do this multiple times before everything is ready to go. When there are no more issues to be fixed, close CCleaner<br />
    THIRD: Download and install the digital version of The Sims 3<br />
    FOURTH: Run The Sims 3 once, just to get everything established<br />
    FIFTH: Download and install the Sims 3 superpatcher; your version of The Sims 3 should now be 1.67.2.024017<br />
    <br />
    After this, Edit In Game should work without the Origin client coming up. Badabing.

If you have the Go Social version of the game, like this:
    The_Sims_3_Go_Social.png
    then these instructions do not work!

This is what happens:
    Started up CAW
    The_Sims_3_CAW_EIG_1.png

Selected to Edit In Game:
    The_Sims_3_CAW_EIG_2.png

Up pops Origin:
    The_Sims_3_CAW_EIG_3.png
  • Options
    > @sirguylittle said:

> If you have the Go Social version of the game, like this:
    >
    > then these instructions do not work!

Well, then I don't know what to tell ya. I was pretty sure that was the version I have, but your Origin icon isn't the same as mine.

Still...did you do these exact steps in the exact order, leaving nothing out? Cuz if you get your version current (1.67.2.024017), there'z no reason it shouldn't work.