Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How are you builders able to use CAW with Origin ?

I want to finish my world so bad but a while ago I had problems with EIG in CAW & its never been resolved to my knowledge.
I'd like to know how you all are able to use CAW without having that problem ?
(The problem I had was when pressing the EIG button, Origin would open prompting me to sign in, even if I was signed in already, rather than the game opening like it used to for me so I could edit my world)
I have a world 1/2 finished & would like to finish it but can't.
Makes me very sad.
So how are you guys doing it ? (Thinking I could learn something from you)

Comments

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited December 2013
    Hi :D

Aminovas found lots of information about this here- http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/691109.page

Good luck! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    SapientsimsolidSapientsimsolid Posts: 3,169 Member
    edited December 2013
    Rflong7 wrote:
    Hi :D

Aminovas found lots of information about this here- http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/691109.page

Good luck! :mrgreen:

Thanks but I had a presence on that thread when I noticed my problem the first time.
    If you read through the thread you will see my responses on it.
    I don't have a copy of the "go social" Sims 3 base game.
    This is the game I have, and as you can see it doesn't have "go social" at the top

2wfjq1c.jpg

I downloaded my game from Origin & have never had a problem with CAW EIG until after Seasons because I worked on my world right up until Seasons was released.
    As far as I know the problem hasn't been resolved.
    I presented the problem to Origin on their board, but they didn't have a solution either.

Anyone else got anything to add ? Any suggestions ?
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited December 2013
    I'm sorry. I was only on there sporadically. :(

Good luck :)
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited December 2013
    Did you re-download your base game in the past year or two? I know some people were prompted to reinstall the newer version of the BG when they downloaded the last SP.

This is the first I have heard that anyone had problems with the original version of the BG - so far it has only been the newer version that has caused this problem, so I don't know what else to suggest. So sorry! Hope you get it working. :(

edited to correct the wrong word!
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Did you re-download your base game in the past year or two? I know some people were prompted to reinstall the newer version of the BG when they downloaded the last SP.

This is the first I have heard that anyone had problems with the original version of the BG - so far it has only been the newer version that has caused this problem, so I don't know what else to suggest. So sorry! Hope you get it working. :(

Thanks for the well wish
    No, I haven't (thankfully) had to uninstall & reinstall BG for a while.
    I always try to find other solutions before doing that because its such a pain in the rear.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Rflong7 wrote:
    I'm sorry. I was only on there sporadically. :(

Good luck :)
    Thanks Rflong7 :-)
    Hopefully they'll strongly consider giving us a new CAW, maybe a more permanent program...
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited January 2014
    faytheful wrote:

Thanks for the well wish
    No, I haven't (thankfully) had to uninstall & reinstall BG for a while.
    I always try to find other solutions before doing that because its such a pain in the rear.

Last year I installed the BG and most of the EPs on my laptop from Origin because I was out of town and didn't have all my disks with me. But the game wouldn't let me bypass the launcher to start the game, which irked me no end! So at Christmas I was out of town again but brought along my BG disk and I uninstalled the BG and reinstalled from my original disk. I didn't even bother cleaning the registry or anything, but now I am able to bypass the launcher on my laptop. So I don't know whether you've even tried uninstalling/reinstalling the base game (you don't have to touch the EPs), but that's the only other thing I can think of for you to try! If you have the electronic version of the BG instead of the disk version I think I read someone say that both the original and the newer BG version are available for download on Origin?

Unfortunately I also think that we are stuck with CAW as it is - most of the team have moved on to TS4 and I just don't see them putting any more time and effort (or money) into this game than they absolutely have to. Hope I'm wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised. :(

The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!