Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Looking for a world sculptor/painter...

*wave* Hello everyone! I'm currently searching for an experienced world sculptor and painter. Not that I don't enjoy seeing beginners flourish! But I'm very specific with this world. :] Unfortunately, after many attempts and failing in EIG mode, with black boxes everywhere and crashing. I got fed up.

I've had many ideas of creating a sims 3 rendition of Agrabah, from Aladdin. It's probably one of my favorite movies :] And Since we've had so much Indian content released, I feel comfortable building and designing architecture and sims for this kind of world...
The problem is CAW refuses to work properly for me. Very frustrating.
So that's where you come in!!

It'll take inspirations from a few places. First, Agrabah from Aladdin. Then Agra, India. And lastly the Arabian desert. Triple A's! Here are some inspiration pictures!

Arabian-Desert-1.jpg
6a00d8341bf7f753ef0168eafb3053970c-pi
emptyQuarter_2597480b.jpg
Morocco-desert-palm.jpg

And a few Oasis!

arabian_desert_by_emmaxwell3-d4lfdpi.jpg
Libyan%2BOasis.jpg

You will not be building any architecture. What I need is a well sculpted Arabian desert. A flattened area with a giant wall surrounding the city. You're welcome to make two oasis type spots with a little grass, palm trees, crystal like waters and all around lushness.

I do not want any roads. :D
Yup, it's all going to be roadless!

If you've ever seen the world Ziwa Bonde This is a fabulous example of a roadless world. It gives it character. And to see sims walking around Agrabah City and down the slightly visible trails off into the desert to explore would make my day!

It's actually a fairly simple world. What will need detail is just the lay out of the city, which I have a small map here for you. It does not have to be exactly like the picture! I just need the lots that have numbers to be in their positions, and the size I've specified, because I have buildings set and ready for these.

CityofAgrabah_zps8ec9b0a9.jpg

Here's a view of the city for some ideas on lay out...
agrabah.jpg
Agrabah_Main_City_Street.jpg

Please also leave a 20x30 somewhere close to the 20x40 marketplace in the middle of the city.
Most of the lots will be small and placed closely together. 10x10's, 10x15's, 15x15's and the largest 20x20's with pathways weaving through them.. I want around 40-45 lots with in the city. The two 40x40's will be horse lots, and the 50x50 right outside the city a little ways off will be a lavish home. No grass in the city. I want it to feel dusty. You can place a few palm trees here and there and dry brush and the beige large rocks, but keep it very desert-like. :]

No ocean. There will be no coastline, this world needs to feel like it's in the middle of the desert. The water spots are the two oasis placed where ever you see fit, with pathways leading to them. They can either be edited in CAW or they can be large fishing lots. That is up to you :]

I will also need a long trail going towards a lot far away from the city. I'm going to be building a temple with underground passages leading to a genie lamp ;P

My Expansion Packs:
All of them except Into the Future

My Stuff Packs:
All except Katy Perry's Sweet Treats and 70's 80's and 90's stuff.

Now for payment! :twisted: :twisted:
I am willing to gift the simmer who creates this fabulous world, a world from the TS store OR two sets of your choice, equal to the value of a world. :O

A world for a world! :D

So yes, if you're up to the challenge, I would greatly appreciate your efforts! When you're done, just upload it to the exchange and claim it as your own. After all it is your hard work! So that I can download and squeal in excitement as I bring my fantasy to the sims through building to my little hearts content!

Thank you in advance!! And of course, please post your questions below, I'll happily answer. Love, Peace and Chicken Grease simmers!! <3

-Oiled

Comments

• Options
    SimLibbySimLibby Posts: 668 Member
    edited November 2013
    What you want sounds really cool. Unfortunately, I'am not you're women. My knowledge about CAW is more theoretical, not practical. Hopefully you get some response because there are a lot of experienced CAW'ster in this subforum.

Some players offer the height map they have used for their world as download. If it's something you like, you can easily import this into CAW and take it from there.

MTS Heightmap Sharing Thread
    Share your Heightmaps Here

Or you make you're own heightmap. Apparently sculpting is at the moment (and moments change) not you're thing. With this manual you hardly have to sculp you're world because you can use Google Earth: Tutorial - How to create a world using Real-World Height data

Instead of paying someone a world you can buy yourself something nice because you have finally pulled it of. :wink: Also, if you don't have much success now, give it a rest for a while. Sometimes that helps and then try again. You might surprise yourself: "all of the sudden" you got it!

Maybe this will help too:
    CAW Tutorials - Sculpting Cliffs
    Custom sculpt tools - can save HOURS of work [updated with tutorial]

Good luck and have fun with you're world!
  • Options
    OilbasedoleanderOilbasedoleander Posts: 2,967 Member
    edited November 2013
    SimLibby - Thank you for replying! I would love to do this, but unfortunately CAW and I just don't seem to mesh very well. I have lost 3 worlds to either corrupted files, errors, and much more. :[ I don't want to lose another one~

So here I am, hoping someone will come along and make my dream come true! Haha. :]