Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Quantum Power Suit

So my sim was having a ball, living in OL, but when he needed a special nanite for a trait chip couldn't find it. So i buy the Quantum Power Chamber and let him put on his Quantum Power Suit to scan for nanites. Buuut when he did that, the only thing that happened was a red, blank annotation in the top right corner.
Does anyone know what happened?

PS: my sims game is dutch and they do a horrible job on translating Sims to other languages, so maybe it isn't translated at all?

Comments

• Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited November 2013
    I have also seen this on my German installation and I think they forgot to add translations for this message. :?
    BTW has anyone ever seen the scan of the surrounding being successful?
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    Jacek83218Jacek83218 Posts: 603 New Member
    edited November 2013
    Same situation with Polish version.
    The strange thing is that when I made my sim scan for insects standing next to a bunch of butterflies, there was only this red blank message.
  • Options
    BeasleyQ2BeasleyQ2 Posts: 154 Member
    edited November 2013
    I saw it a while ago, so I'll paraphrase here.

It was something about how the lifeform (I was looking for insects at the time) you scanned for was found and will be made to appear shortly.

Another time it said that the lifeform I was searching for was not present on the lot.

I suspect the message ringed in red was for the negative outcome.

Edited to add that I was successful sometimes. I think it might activate a spawner placed on the lot. So no spawner means unsuccessful attempt?
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Thank you BeasleyQ2. :)
    But what do you mean by saying you saw it a while ago? Do you mean you have also seen this blank message box but now it has text? :?:
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    BeasleyQ2BeasleyQ2 Posts: 154 Member
    edited November 2013
    Lol no, I mean I used the Quantum suit the first day I played and haven't used it since.
    The message had text every time I saw it.
    But there's probably someone else out there whose memory is fresher than mine, or even has a screenshot?
    Does that make sense?
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    It's alright BeasleyQ2. I just wanted to make sure. :wink:
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    evilkyttievilkytti Posts: 2,854 New Member
    edited November 2013
    Speaking of the Quantum Power Suit, why is it that my female witch can't put it on. She comes out like she has it on but there is still a option to put it on.
  • Options
    Bily_jednorozecBily_jednorozec Posts: 1,574 Member
    Hi,
    I know, that this is very old topic, but I'm still having this issue and only now I've finally found this topic with another simmers having the same issue. If is this glitch already fixed, my apologies for reviving so old thread.
    My attempt to reproduce this problem is already last message in Quantum power pack bugs topic, but due to my horrible english there isn't still answer for it. :flushed:
    BeasleyQ2 wrote: »
    Lol no, I mean I used the Quantum suit the first day I played and haven't used it since.
    The message had text every time I saw it.
    But there's probably someone else out there whose memory is fresher than mine, or even has a screenshot?
    Does that make sense?
    10475228_761238587326192_6873359740194048270_o.jpg
    This is Connor Frio from BG Sunset Valley attempting to scan for rock/gems/metals. I have created for it fabbric clean user's folder, downloaded fresh store patch, logged and downloaded and installed in this folder only EP11LimitedSET.Sims3Pack. No Mods folder, no broken ccmerged.package, fully patched game (GameVersion = 1.67.2.024002).
    Add italian translates too, please.
    "My Studio" on thesims3.com "My Blog" on thesims3.com
    Sorry for editing my comments frequently, in most cases I'm doing this due language issues (english isn't my native language, but I'm using english, because most used by people, with who I want to communicate).
  • Options
    WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    I've also started The Sims 3 Into the Future into French and did the same like @Bily_jednorozec did. The yellow box had text but the red one didn't.
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
  • Options
    Bily_jednorozecBily_jednorozec Posts: 1,574 Member
    Hi, @WinMacSims3 (and whoever wants to see text here in yours game),
    I think, I've got it fixed in my game:
    11159483_762181100565274_2483217305163165204_n.jpg?oh=3624edd8f826c4af110f655604259afb&oe=559850D9&__gda__=1440963334_2c6084857a43c6764c278a9ae842da07
    I've copied from my DCBackup 0x66bddf8ad3b24a4eaed501edd190a41d.package (this one for cryoStasisChamber) into New Folder and
    ran it trough CompressorizerRedux for make it readable by S3PE.
    Till now I've played only with OBJDs trough S3PE, but now I'll find courage to alter STBL too (I've read, that there are translation).
    I've noticed, that in all STBL resources (a part from english language) isn't compiled [0F] 0x0B189EDB6FF67C49, where in english is written "No lifeforms detected on this lot".
    I've pasted it in Google translate,
    found STBL resource with mine game-language used,
    Grid button on S3PE (this opens new tab),
    and in line, where is written "(this) (Dictionary: 0x23)", at end of this line (howering with mouse) will button with 3 points appear.
    Press this button and new tab will appear.
    Find line with "[0F] AsKVP", press it
    and in the right part of tab you'll see
    • Key 0x0B189EDB6FF67C49
    • Val .........and here goes yours text from Google Translate......
    This tab (Data Grid with Dictionary) close con OK button,
    Next tab (Data Grid) close con Commit button,
    Save package in S3PE.
    Export yours edited resource into new package, name it CryoTranslateFix or how you want, and place this exported package in Mods/Packages folder. (For me it worked)

I would be glad,
    if someone correct me here, if I have made something wrong (but I think it shouldn't break the game),
    if someone corrects my wrong english (eventually trascripts this advices in correct english or another languages without giving me credit) for make it comphrensibile for simmers,
    or if someone will upload this fix (with further translations) on MTS or wherever he wants on payfree sites (without giving me credits, credits goes only to Inge and Peter Jones + authors of CompressorizzerRedux).
    I do not wish popularity, I wish only this game fixed.
    "My Studio" on thesims3.com "My Blog" on thesims3.com
    Sorry for editing my comments frequently, in most cases I'm doing this due language issues (english isn't my native language, but I'm using english, because most used by people, with who I want to communicate).
  • Options
    WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    Here's what it looks like in French: (same as this image.)
    The%20Sims%203%20Suit%20non-ENG%20bug.png?psid=1
    Here's what it looks like in Japanese:
    The%20Sims%203%20Suit%20Jap.png?psid=1

The bottom one did display but it's in English instead of Japanese.
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer