Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CAW Export fail , again...

Okay, I seriously need help with my CAW created worlds. For the last weeks I've been searching high and low for help on this problem. Done lots of reading and try and error... but fail.

First: I can't export any world from CAW, not even Sunset Valley lite :roll:. So I made a new folder with copies of the CAW worlds on my Desktop and Export them from there. No problem system said was successful.

Second: I open TS3 launcher and look for Exported file, select "show file" and open from there. No problem system said was successful.

Third: After re-opening the launcher I go in game, see the newly installed world and select it to play and I get " A serious error has occurred while loading (world name here). It is strongly recommended that you restart the application" :cry:

I have no problem installing other worlds from the exchange and/or the shop tho...

Comments

• Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    edited September 2013
    Hi valkahn

You can try this:

Start from the begining, let us say your world is name.world, uninstall your world from the launcher if you can see it at the installed items tab, delete from downloads, delete from exports, delete from desktop. Now you will only have your name.world files in CAW usertooldata folder. (Before you do this, be sure you have your name.world file and name folder and the backups folders, up to 5 backups, in your CAW usertooldata folder).
    Open CAw and open your world, THE NAME IN THE GLOBAL LAYER MUST BE THE SAME OF THE name.world file, (if it is not choose a new name in the global layer and save as the new name and close the world saving changes before going on, then open the newname world) open it in EIG and test if it runs ok, if it does close without saving and close CAW.(go to 1-)

If it does not close EIG and close the world and try again with an older backup. till you find one that runs ok in EIG, then exit EIG and save this backup as the current version of your world, overwrting the corrupted one, then again in CAW or EIG redo the changes you may have lost save and close CAW.

Now

1- move the sims3 DCCache and DCBackup folders to your desktop (the game will replace with new ones)

2- Open CAW and export the world. this time it should export fine.

3- move de DC (downloaded content, the CC and the store content)folders again to their correct place and when you are asked overwrite the merging files. THE OLD ONES OVER THE NEW ONES

4- Go to your sims3 exports folder and move/copy the name.world package to the sims 3 downloads folder, open the launcher and install the world from the downloads tab.

Now play the game, your world should be succesfully installed and you will be able to play it fine.

This way you will not lose your content and the world will show as you created it with your DC folders and all their content. And never, never delete the folders where you have your extra content and never never delete the resource merging files or overwrite them with the new ones. So when you take back the DC folders overwrite the new ones with the old ones which are in the folders you moved to the desktop.

Hope it helps you, it works for me and for other simmers whom I have told to do the same.
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    _Valkahn_Valkahn Posts: 18 New Member
    edited September 2013
    junceda

I follow your awesome post and it worked like a charm. Now I can test, play, load and reload my work :mrgreen:

Gracias xox!

• Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    edited September 2013
    You are wellcome! so glad it has worked for you.
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!