Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Solution for DLC Compatibility Alert in Origin

NichaedemusNichaedemus Posts: 16,905 Member
edited March 8 in Nominated Threads
Hi folks,

Players who have installed the base game via DVD disc may encounter the following notification message, when attempting to download a digital expansion pack or stuff pack through Origin:
DLC Compatibility Alert
It seems the base game for this DLC was not installed through Origin.
The notification message will further state the following:
1. Select Uninstall Now below, locate the base game, and follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall it.
2. Download and install the base game through Origin by selecting it in My Games and clicking Download.

Despite what the notification message says, it is not necessary at all to uninstall the base game and reinstall it as a digital download through Origin. Instead, players can simply do the following:

1 - Click on the "My Games" tab
2 - Right-click on the thumbnail picture of the product you are trying to download and select "Show Game Details" - OR - hover the mouse pointer over the thumbnail picture of the product you are trying to download then click on the "i" icon that appears in the popup window
3 - In the next window that appears, click on the Download button - downloading should now commence

For those who wish to provide feedback please post in the following discussion thread:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion//698154

Thanks goes to Thewhitecat for bringing this to our attention! :D
When you need help with The Sims 3 or The Sims 4, be sure to check out the Master Help Thread today!
Post edited by EA_Solaire on
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top