Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why Can't I Snorkel

lmf2150lmf2150 Posts: 81
My sims don't snorkel. They just swim to the spot I clicked and then the action is canceled. I tried deleting the save file and then starting over but I still doesn't work
I don't use mods and the only real cc I have is pose player and some hair. It's starting to get annoying.
Can someone help me?
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• Options
    thesims3boythesims3boy Posts: 18,046 Member
    edited June 2013
    Are you far enough into the ocean? Maybe there isn't enough room for them. Snorkeling causes the Sims to move around quite a bit, and they need some space!
  • Options
    betty_me13betty_me13 Posts: 3,285 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Try going deeper into the water. My sim wouldn't snorkel if the water was the bright blue color...Try going to the darker blue water :)
  • Options
    Wreck_DiverWreck_Diver Posts: 691 Member
    edited June 2013
    Have you gone to the Science Center to take the SCUBA class? Are you able to snorkel in a swimming pool?
    There but for the Grace of God go I.

http://www.facebook.com/PublicSafetyDiver
  • Options
    lmf2150lmf2150 Posts: 81
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for all the advice. They were to close to close to shore but it was so weird.
  • Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    edited June 2013
    I've just experienced this and it seems to just be a case of "not enough space" most of the time. When I moved my Sim out to a more open spot in the water, she was able to snorkel just fine.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    Maddi221Maddi221 Posts: 6
    edited September 2013
    i'm having the same problem. I can snorkel in swimming pools but not in the ocean, my sim will swim out further into the ocean the action will cancel and she'll swim back to shore.
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited September 2013
    Sometimes my Sim's snorkeling canceled. I thought I was doing something wrong. Sometimes she also would NOT STOP snorkeling, once started! Sometimes my Sim was missing work & almost drowned because of this. :cry:

But I was hoping someone can tell me what is the Sim SUPPOSED to wear while snorkeling?
    Mine wears a long-sleeved white shirt & long blue pants! :oops:
    Isn't that abnormal? It started right from the beginning with a vanilla/no mods game.
    If diving, Sim DOES change into scuba gear, but how do I fix the ridiculous snorkeling gear?
    Her level of diving skill is only to around the half-way mark, I think, since I don't play Sims as often as I want (and get distracted rebuilding/decorating).
    Thanks for ANY info on this.
  • Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited September 2013
    Sims are suppose to wear their swimwear plus a snorkeling mask when the snorkel unless it's a full moon and they have the lunacy going on or, they are insane, in which case they may wear any outfit they have with the mask.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited September 2013
    Sims are suppose to wear their swimwear plus a snorkeling mask when the snorkel unless it's a full moon and they have the lunacy going on or, they are insane, in which case they may wear any outfit they have with the mask.

Thanks for telling, or rather, confirming what I was afraid of.
    :shock: :cry:
    I gave my Sim one of the swimsuits that came with Island Paradise!
    WHY is this happening then?? I am out of ideas to fix it and it looks so dumb to see my Sim like this.
    Guess its back to wasting more time trying to figure it out... :lol:
  • Options
    OnyxLionessOnyxLioness Posts: 29 New Member
    My sim received an oportunity asking her to swim in the ocean. She is currently in Twinbrooks and I haven't been able to find a part where I can snorkel in open water, just at the pool. Is this not possible in Twinbrooks because there are only rivers there?
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top