Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Coffee Shop Problems- can't order or drinks disappearing

I've been having several issues with the coffee shop and the barista bar. Either I can't order from the barista, even though he's standing there doing nothing, or I order a drink and once my sim picks it up, the drink vanishes from her hand and she doesn't drink it. It doesn't go into her inventory or anything either. This does not happen with food that I order from the barista though. Anyone else see this happening?

Comments

• Options
    LunaDiemLunaDiem Posts: 77
    edited March 2013
    I'm not having that exact problem but my sims cannot order any snacks from the barista bar. They stand there looking at the barista then the action goes away. Also, the action bubble shows an image of a building rather than that of a snack. It's very irritating when I send my sim for a coffee and donut and she's unable to have her treat. :(
  • Options
    perfectvelvetperfectvelvet Posts: 739 Member
    edited March 2013
    Many reports of this - post your info in the first sticky to be added to the bug report. (Read the first post for instructions!)

Mine involves coffee; my sims can get tea without issue, but coffee vanishes. If coffee vanished in real life, I would cry.
  • Options
    L3ann3L3ann3 Posts: 154 New Member
    edited March 2013

At the Grotto I cant order food! i ordered a couple of times before, but now...
  • Options
    damong63damong63 Posts: 540 Member
    edited March 2013
    I've had a few instances where there's no barista at the espresso bar at all. :roll:
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited March 2013
    I have instances of my sim can't order different snacks, like unactives can order the key lime pie, but my sim can only order brownies. Or the barista will not interact with my sim, it fails for all sims that try to interact with them. I have to reset the barista all the time. Glad I have a fridge and some vending machines in most lots or they would all starve.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    CrystalShimmerCrystalShimmer Posts: 59 Member
    edited March 2013
    I'm having problems with the barista too..one day i went to the grotto, i ordered a snack, my sim paid for it but then when i tried to take it i wasn't able to click it..and another day i went to the coffee shop to order a drink because my sim was tired and i paid for it again, she took it and the drink disappeared.

I was pretty exited with the barista thing but now i'm very disappointed. I hope they fix this issue :(
    Just Living Life One Day At A Time
  • Options
    MGSFan612MGSFan612 Posts: 3,429 Member
    edited March 2013
    There are no issues to fix. I have had the issue with drinks dissapearing and it was caused by a one of a couple mods/CC

it was either

Cmoney's poolslide
    Cmoney's cigarette mod

I also had the issue of my sim putting down snack without eating it. That was caused by Twallan's register mod

I removed those 3 mods and no longer have those issues.

• Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited March 2013
    MGSFan612 wrote:
    There are no issues to fix. I have had the issue with drinks dissapearing and it was caused by a one of a couple mods/CC

it was either

Cmoney's poolslide
    Cmoney's cigarette mod

I also had the issue of my sim putting down snack without eating it. That was caused by Twallan's register mod

I removed those 3 mods and no longer have those issues.

I have the disappearing drinks issue in my game from time to time and my game is 100% vanilla. I've never used mods. :( I think in some cases it may be mod related, but that's definitely not always the case. The energy drink even disappeared during the first gameplay demo. So, I do think it's an issue that they need to look into.

(Live Chat 16:25 - 16:35, drink disappears: http://www.livestream.com/electronicarts/video?clipId=pla_0c085188-34e7-4f0c-b839-3c4b819ff650 )
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited March 2013
    I believe that this is a normal small bug glich its not really the worst of them either. I have to tell my sim to order twice, It would bother me if it was expensive but the drinks are only like $5 not munch.

Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    edited March 2013
    I've had this problem off and on, nothing consistent, and it's not really game-breaking since it usually works on the second attempt if not the first. The main annoyance I have is that the barista is constantly screwing around or being socialized with and thus not working when my Sims need them. :roll: They should consider fixing the barista so that they cannot be socialized with while at their station.

For extra hilarity have a vampire Sim order the "Garlicious" energy drink. I just had to try it, and the results were pretty comical.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    BionixWVBionixWV Posts: 44 New Member
    edited April 2013
    My glitch is there's no option for my current sim to tend bar.Happens with both the professional & dive bar objects.
  • Options
    gentjt32gentjt32 Posts: 677 Member
    edited April 2013
    I have the same issue with the first item they order disappearing. I just order the item again and then they are able to drink it.
  • Options
    AlineDavilaSAlineDavilaS Posts: 4 New Member
    I am having the same problems (barista won't make the coffee after someone pays for it; coffee too crowded and barista can't serve everyone, coffee vanishes with no explanation) for quite some time now.
    Has someone found any solution for that? I use no mods.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    I am having the same problems (barista won't make the coffee after someone pays for it; coffee too crowded and barista can't serve everyone, coffee vanishes with no explanation) for quite some time now.
    Has someone found any solution for that? I use no mods.
    If we are talking about TS3 here, the solution has always been
    -- if you clicked on the barista sim to order coffee or food and it vanishes after they make it, try again but click on the counter instead
    -- if you clicked on the counter and the coffee or food vanishes, try again but click on the barista sim

Afraid I don't have a solution for coffee shops that are too popular/crowded except maybe add a second barista station?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net