Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 3 Not installed?

chavez_arnoldochavez_arnoldo Posts: 5
edited March 8 in Nominated Threads
I got the worldtool.exe to make a world. But when I try to install it I get a error message saying: This product requires a installed copy of The Sims 3. Please install The Sim 3 before installing this product. I already have The Sims 3 installed. I downloaded it through Steam with the Showtime expansion pack. How do I fix this?
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• Options
    NichaedemusNichaedemus Posts: 16,905 Member
    edited February 2013
    Hi,

It sounds like the CAW tool does not support Steam versions of The Sims 3 games.

You can transfer your Steam Sims 3 game registration codes over to Origin and redeem Origin digital download versions of those games at no cost. This is made possible through the Origin download manager client. After you have registered the games on the Sims3.com website, the products will automatically be redeemed in Origin. The latest version of the Origin client can be downloaded from the following link:

http://www.dm.origin.com/download

Once the Origin download manager is installed and running, log into it using your Sims3.com login credentials. From the My Games tab you should find your digital games ready to download and install. Before installing the Origin digital download games, you will need to uninstall the Steam versions of those games first.
    When you need help with The Sims 3 or The Sims 4, be sure to check out the Master Help Thread today!
  • Options
    chavez_arnoldochavez_arnoldo Posts: 5
    edited March 2013
    Thank you so much this fixed it.
  • Options
    NichaedemusNichaedemus Posts: 16,905 Member
    edited March 2013
    Awesome, thanks for posting back! :)
    When you need help with The Sims 3 or The Sims 4, be sure to check out the Master Help Thread today!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top