Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Alien Mind Control??

Hey folks, I'm not quite sure if this is the right forum for this, but as Aliens are included in Seasons, I'm givin' it a shot.

So from my understanding from all of the information given on Aliens prior to the release of Seasons, the Mind Control ability Aliens have would allow them to temporarily add Sims to their active family, much like the Genie's Ensorcel ability.

I went ahead and checked out the ability, but as far as I can tell, it doesn't really do anything at all. All I see is the Sim's head lighting up all blue, with a stream of light that attaches itself to both the target Sim as well as the Alien using the ability.

I've checked out the interactions, but I can't seem to find anything special about it. Heck, I even checked to see if it temporarily gave me better friendship with a stranger Sim, but no beans.

Any chance someone out there knows what it does?

Thanks a ton, and have a grand day.

Comments

• Options
    ghostskitghostskit Posts: 1
    edited November 2012
    I have the same problem and I'm still trying to figure it out. I thought maybe it made the mind controlled sims less likely to get offended by interactions but that's not it either.
  • Options
    PhamserPhamser Posts: 135 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Just a small clue. seems who ever is mind controlled get a negative moodlet that last 6 hours but not much new info on it still anyone found new clues or it just another meaningless option like scan objects? due to it can't be used on any sim add to the mystery.
  • Options
    jobug1015jobug1015 Posts: 1,854 Member
    edited November 2012
    You know what would be great to answer this question... a Prima guide.. LOL! Too bad.

I just noticed the option for my born in game alien sim. Nothing is happening, except the blue lights above her dad's head. I don't control him, so I'm not sure what is happening to his moodlets.
    o2vOgnf.jpg?2
  • Options
    pinkknight06pinkknight06 Posts: 872 Member
    edited November 2012
    Goziro wrote:
    Hey folks, I'm not quite sure if this is the right forum for this, but as Aliens are included in Seasons, I'm givin' it a shot.

So from my understanding from all of the information given on Aliens prior to the release of Seasons, the Mind Control ability Aliens have would allow them to temporarily add Sims to their active family, much like the Genie's Ensorcel ability.

I went ahead and checked out the ability, but as far as I can tell, it doesn't really do anything at all. All I see is the Sim's head lighting up all blue, with a stream of light that attaches itself to both the target Sim as well as the Alien using the ability.

I've checked out the interactions, but I can't seem to find anything special about it. Heck, I even checked to see if it temporarily gave me better friendship with a stranger Sim, but no beans.

Any chance someone out there knows what it does?

Thanks a ton, and have a grand day.
    I tried it myself too, and the same thing happen, but the other sim started cleaning up. I can go in game and see what I'm thinking and I can come back and tell you if its work.
  • Options
    pinkknight06pinkknight06 Posts: 872 Member
    edited November 2012
    It didn't work. I was thinking maybe if you click on something you could of tell them to do it. All that happen with mind control is that the sim you are mind controlling will clean up your house if it needs it.
  • Options
    jobug1015jobug1015 Posts: 1,854 Member
    edited November 2012
    The sim I tried it on didn't do anything, but sat down and watched TV with my sim.
    o2vOgnf.jpg?2
  • Options
    ReneeMoeReneeMoe Posts: 153 New Member
    edited November 2012
    The person also follows them where ever they go...not sure what the use of that is but what ever...
  • Options
    cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,518 Member
    edited November 2012
    One time my alien used Mind Control on a girl during a party and he got in a hot tub and she did too and they cuddled and kissed without having to flirt beforehand ^^ so I think it's a thing of they will happily do the interaction that you make your alien say or do to them. I checked and it's like a normal romantic interest after kissing :P
  • Options
    PhamserPhamser Posts: 135 New Member
    edited November 2012
    One time my alien used Mind Control on a girl during a party and he got in a hot tub and she did too and they cuddled and kissed without having to flirt beforehand ^^ so I think it's a thing of they will happily do the interaction that you make your alien say or do to them. I checked and it's like a normal romantic interest after kissing :P

So it might be like vampire mind control... Making the victim accept any request... Make me wonder if an easy voodoo can be done with it.
  • Options
    EMA_10000EMA_10000 Posts: 1
    edited January 2013
    the alien mind control thing will make the sim do all the cleaning. So basically it's like a butler or a maid :thumbup:
  • Options
    r3mr3m Posts: 1,723 Member
    edited January 2013
    For those having problems with the alien mind control, it has less chance to fail if the Sim has high Logic skill or if they are a pure alien. Sims with low alien DNA won't be able to mind control others :wink:
  • Options
    SimafreakerSimafreaker Posts: 4 New Member
    edited September 2013
    Dunno exactly what it does , mind controlled my roommate to woohoo so I could get a alien offspring :twisted: all he does is sit in the front porch , not moving , he also cleans when theres a mess , think it makes them forget what there doing , so what im trying to say is he cant make his own decisions , hes kinda enslaved , we cant control him though , kinda like bonehilda I think
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    the options to mind control sims isn't coming up for me could someone help
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    the options to mind control sims isn't coming up for me could someone help
    You're playing a TS3 resident alien? Do you have the means, such as through NRaas MasterController, to check on their percentage of Alien DNA? And does the sim have a high level of Logic skill?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net