Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Turn Imaginary Friend into Fairy?

Hi All,

I was wondering if it's possible to turn your imaginary friend into a supernatural after you make them real?

I realize that imaginary friends might be considered supernatural, but I'm wondering if we can change them.

I had my child sim make their IF real and then I had my witch create the elixer to turn a sim into a fairy. It doesn't allow me to throw it at the IF and it doesn't allow the IF to drink it if it's in their inventory.

I did the cheat and put the IF into CAS, chose fairy and then chose the wings, but when I go into my gameplay, she doesn't have her wings and she has no fairy abilities.

If anyone knows if it's possible, please post how I might go about doing it.

Thanks in advance, and happy simming everyone!!! :mrgreen:

Comments

• Options
    MyameeGirlMyameeGirl Posts: 234 Member
    edited September 2012
    Bump!
  • Options
    MarLin114MarLin114 Posts: 1,724 Member
    edited September 2012
    I can give it a try but won't be able to do that until tomorrow. There are two IF's that are older in one of my households. I'll give it a shot with one of them.
    a.k.a. - Linda
  • Options
    Shnysprkly1Shnysprkly1 Posts: 113 Member
    edited September 2012
    No. My alchemist sim bought some potions to turn her brother-in-law's Imaginary Friend turned real into a witch, but she couldn't do the interaction. Apparently, if a sim is born a specific supernatural, you cant change them.

But she was a vampire, turned by her husband, and she was able to become a witch, but she couldn't change her ghost brother-in-law into a genie because he was born a ghost.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    MarLin114 wrote:
    I can give it a try but won't be able to do that until tomorrow. There are two IF's that are older in one of my households. I'll give it a shot with one of them.

Awesome, thanks! Let me know if you can do it. It sounds like it might not be a possibility if they're born that way, but you never know! ;0)

Thanks!
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    No. My alchemist sim bought some potions to turn her brother-in-law's Imaginary Friend turned real into a witch, but she couldn't do the interaction. Apparently, if a sim is born a specific supernatural, you cant change them.

But she was a vampire, turned by her husband, and she was able to become a witch, but she couldn't change her ghost brother-in-law into a genie because he was born a ghost.

Thanks! Yeah, it's starting to look that way.
    It's kind of a bummer though because don't usually play with the IF, but I did this time AND went through the hassle of trying to find the rainbow gem, working on the chemistry set, and then having my witch make the fairy elixir. Lots of time spent on it, so I should have come here and checked first...lol.

Oh, well, lesson learned! :)

Thanks for your input!
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited September 2012

Did you try curing them first?
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I couldn't do it either. I had my Sim make her young adult Imaginary Friend real. Then I took IF into CAS and changed her from human to fairy. I saved her (in fairy form) to my bin/library while she was in CAS. When I exited CAS, her fairy wings were gone.

I didn't save, just exited that game. I started a new game in Moonlight Falls and opened CAS. I selected the IF (wings on in CAS) and chose her Lifetime Wish: Magic Makeover.

After selecting a new home, I placed the IF. When I started playing with IF's household, her fairy wings were gone. I checked her Lifetime Rewards and there were no fairy-related rewards available.

It's a shame, she looked cute with her blue hair and light blue fairy wings :-)
    a.k.a. - Linda
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Anmirla wrote:

Did you try curing them first?

Hmmm, I'll try that. :)
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    MarLin114 wrote:
    I couldn't do it either. I had my Sim make her young adult Imaginary Friend real. Then I took IF into CAS and changed her from human to fairy. I saved her (in fairy form) to my bin/library while she was in CAS. When I exited CAS, her fairy wings were gone.

I didn't save, just exited that game. I started a new game in Moonlight Falls and opened CAS. I selected the IF (wings on in CAS) and chose her Lifetime Wish: Magic Makeover.

After selecting a new home, I placed the IF. When I started playing with IF's household, her fairy wings were gone. I checked her Lifetime Rewards and there were no fairy-related rewards available.

It's a shame, she looked cute with her blue hair and light blue fairy wings :-)

Thanks for trying!

I thought the same... the fairy looked really cute with the purple hair!

Someone mentioned curing them first, so I'll try that and then come back post here to let ya know!

Thanks again!
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    You're welcome!

Please do let us know what you try and the outcome. The family I'm playing that has 2 IF's is huge (8 humans) so I won't have the energy to have one of them work on cures or potions.

Take care :)
    a.k.a. - Linda
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    MarLin114 wrote:
    You're welcome!

Please do let us know what you try and the outcome. The family I'm playing that has 2 IF's is huge (8 humans) so I won't have the energy to have one of them work on cures or potions.

Take care :)

Well, it didn't work for me.

I wasn't sure if you had to do it before or after they were real, so I did a bit more reading online and came across this in an EA FAQ section:

"17. Will the genie Sims from Showtime be either curable or compatible with the new Supernatural creatures?
    Answer: All current supernatural Sims and special creatures will be “curable” with the Potent Cure Elixir, except for the following: Unicorn, Imaginary Friend, and Ghost.
    "

Soooo according to this, you cannot use the elixir on those three, the unicorn, IF, and ghost. That sucks.

I ended up just adopting a child and giving her the fairy elixer instead. Much easier...lol.

Cheers!
  • Options
    hroedoedil2hroedoedil2 Posts: 3
    edited May 2013
    So I did the same as most except i started out by saving my IF and then in a completely new world i selected her as my new sim, changed her looks a bit and into a fairy etc etc and then put her in the new world. Same as with everyone, her wings only show up when she is planning her outfits. She cant do any fairy stuff but can revert to toy form when playing. I had her marry a human and they just had a baby... and............ LOL.. the baby is a fairy! Oh well.. this should be interesting. Does that mean that the kid has IF, Fairy and human blood? :roll:
  • Options
    camblycreepercamblycreeper Posts: 2 New Member
    Ok, I had an Imaginary Friend who I made a Vampire a while back by completly removing the Imaginary friend from her, I used a mod of like... this painting that looked like a broken mirror with the different occults in each shard, I simply removed the Imaginary friend (and for Canonical Purposes) Had her Grt Grandfather, Beu bite her. It worked wonders, HOWEVER I'm trying to do the same 🐸🐸🐸🐸 thing aaaaaaaand I can't find the mod... I've tried removing the hidden trait but that doesn't seem to have worked yet... so, We should be able to do what we wanted IF someone can find the specific mod... yah... I've tried scalled the MTS thing for some time now... can't seem to find where it was...
  • Options
    camblycreepercamblycreeper Posts: 2 New Member
    Sorry to Resurface this, but I've got an entire Canon Story that makes up as i go and Imaginary friend becomes Fairy using Imaginary friend Self Manipulationary powers.... :(
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited April 2018
    @camblycreeper - NRaas MasterController (MC Cheats module also required) can be used to remove and add occult states by player command without needing elixirs, mirrors, or other forms of hocus pocus. The commands are under MC > Sim > Intermediate. In addition, although not required, the NRaas Hybrid mod allows sims to have multiple occult states at the same time and all features of each occult state remain in play rather than going into remission as they do under EA standard.

I have no idea if Hybrid works with Imaginary Friends, never tried that. But certainly the add/remove occult state commands under MC should do so. As the other players learned on this thread a very long time ago, there is more to an already existing sim having or not having an occult state than can be reached through CAS (if the sim already exists that's just for appearances, not abilities) or the hidden traits.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net