Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Witch Can't Cast or do any magic anymore

My witch sim cannot cast magic or do any magic stuff anymore. She can't conjure apples, play with magic, or anything. I tried resetsim and that didn't work. I tried to make her drink a witch's brew potion and she can't because she's already a witch, but she can no longer do witch things. I took the stuff out of her inventory, so that's not it. I have no cc or mods. I don't know what to do. She got her magic level to 10 but she can't do any magic stuff anymore. She still has a magic meter.
OriginID Starwing6
my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.

Comments

• Options
    TahliaTahlia Posts: 268 Member
    edited September 2012
    CAS her into another supernatural then turn her back into a witch with a potion? My singer had a problem when on stage she wouldnt do poses or other interactions. The only way I could fix it was have her quit her job and get hired again. Got news is you can level up in all life states and switch back and forth without losing lvls... so it might be worth a try

*good news
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited September 2012
    Thank you, that worked. But I would sure like to know what caused it in the first place. My sim lost all her progress toward her lifetime wish (curing supernaturals).
    OriginID Starwing6

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    TahliaTahlia Posts: 268 Member
    edited September 2012
    Im not sure sorry, since you have no cc or mods (which is what causes most probs) Im guessing its a bug that will need to be fixed and im sure you're not the only one. I am sorry about your sim's life time wish however :(
  • Options
    reinmagreinmag Posts: 684 New Member
    edited September 2012
    or, her magic bar was depleted.

If you are using 'all happy' "needs static" the bar will not change.
    You can always click off the moodlet
    or go for a broom ride.

• Options
    DekrRiniDekrRini Posts: 416 Member
    edited September 2012
    reinmag wrote:
    or, her magic bar was depleted.

If you are using 'all happy' "needs static" the bar will not change.
    You can always click off the moodlet
    or go for a broom ride.

I have my sims always set at "needs static" and it causes no problems with my witch sim casting spells. The magic bar looks depleted but it doesn't affect his witching abilities so I doubt that's the OP's problem. It's probably yet another SN bug.
  • Options
    TomkatTomkat Posts: 86 Member
    edited September 2012
    Did you give her the magic hands award?

I had the same issue after that.. the casting just... stopped being available.

Luckily my sim is a master alchemist too, so I cured him with one potion, and then turned him back to a witch with another.

Hasnt happened since. He still has the magic hands reward listed, but cant use it. If i take his wand away he becomes powerless again until I put it back
  • Options
    MacadamiascMacadamiasc Posts: 13 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Every time I make a witch in CAS, they can conjure apples, but they can't play with magic or cast spells. The only thing they seem to be able to do is conjure apples. Is there a glitch, or am I just clueless and doing something wrong?
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited September 2012
    Tomkat wrote:

Luckily my sim is a master alchemist too, so I cured him with one potion, and then turned him back to a witch with another.

Hasnt happened since. He still has the magic hands reward listed, but cant use it. If i take his wand away he becomes powerless again until I put it back

Actually, I had gotten her the magic hands reward.

After taking her to CAS, changing her to human and back to witch, she was fine. I had to start over with her lifetime wish, but I've since completed it.

I don't play with the static needs cheat.

The problem has not occurred since. I think it may have been caused by using the dresser to change her outfit, as that had caused problems with my fairy and my werewolf as well. (It can trigger the werewolf appearance random changes bug, reset their age, and other unfortunate bugs.)

I now make a new save before attempting to use the mirror or dresser, and check to make sure everything is fine with my sim right after. The mirrors and dressers are more dangerous than the zombies in this game!
    OriginID Starwing6

• Options
    Jillyson_Twozaks_1Jillyson_Twozaks_1 Posts: 3,334 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Thank you for posting this - I had the same problem with my witch, too. I had a magic meter, but it stayed empty no matter how much I rode the broom,and the wand only gave options of Place or return to inventory.

I'm glad I can get her back, even if I lose her progress.
  • Options
    liz7783liz7783 Posts: 279 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I also had this happen to my witch too, but it was after she used a potent personality adjuster elixir. She still had her magic bar all the way, but she couldn't do any magic anymore and I couldn't use the witches brew because she was still considered a witch, has to be a bug or something.
  • Options
    cchant86cchant86 Posts: 221 Member
    edited October 2012
    I've just had this bug with the personality potion happen too! My Sim (a witch) had a daughter who turned out to be a witch as well (yay!), but she had awful traits (boo!), so when when she was a YA, Mom threw the potent personality adjuster at her and it caused the daughter to lose her witchy powers, but she kept the "appearance" of a witch (the magic bar was there, the halo around her thumbnail etc), but no more witch commands appeared for her at all.

Reset didn't work. Moving her in and out of houses didn't work. She was a broken witch. So I had her mother throw a werewolf potion at her and now she's a full-fledged werewolf and the witch bar is finally gone. I think if I throw the witch potion on her now it might work (it wouldn't before, kept saying she was already a witch), but right now she's having fun as WW so I may keep her this way.

C.
  • Options
    SavageAngelSavageAngel Posts: 7 New Member
    edited November 2012
    I've just encountered this problem -_-

When you "reset" your witch, making them normal [or something else] and then turning them into a witch again, do you need to start over with their Magic progress. The spells/cures/curses they can use, or will it be the same as before, since it's a hidden skill?
  • Options
    Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    edited November 2012
    enkeli63 wrote:
    Thank you, that worked. But I would sure like to know what caused it in the first place. My sim lost all her progress toward her lifetime wish (curing supernaturals).

At least on the bright side, when our sims gain lvls in Witch craft, werewolf or fairy and cure the sim or just change the type, when the sim turns back, it DOESN'T have to start from scratch in the levels.
    THAT would be a pain!

EDIT:
    @ SavageAngel
    Well, my comment is the answer to your question... What were the odds lol =P
    Yes, you level your witch to lvl ten, cure it... Then any time you re-turn it to a witch it will be lvl 10-- in the same said game.
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    DreamOperatorDreamOperator Posts: 241 Member
    edited November 2012
    I just encountered this bug today! So annoying! I don't even know what caused it since my witch wasn't doing anything that posters in this thread thought may cause the problem.
  • Options
    HayHay74HayHay74 Posts: 56 Member
    edited January 2014
    Tomkat wrote:

Worked perfectly, thanks!!! I didn't want to give up her lifetime wish being completed as a 5-Star Chief. Magic Hands works perfectly now that I reset her with Potent Cure then a Witches Brew.
  • Options
    gypsy54gypsy54 Posts: 484 Member
    edited January 2014
    I had the same problem but since she had the alchemy skill I had her drink the 'Essence of Magic' (level 4 Alchemy skill) which Restores magical power to a Witch or Fairy.

Everything is back to normal, she didn't lose any skills or anything.