Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Re: Save Error 16- This fix has worked for me.

Here is a work around for 'save error 16' that has worked for me kept my legacy families intact.

First, after you get that error message go into 'edit town' without saving the game play. and save your household to your clipboard in case you have to put them in a new town.

Second, go into the documents folder on your desktop and delete both the bad save and the .backup save but keep the town' save' ending in '.sims3' , i.e. "StarlightShores.sims3".

Third, go back to your game then use the 'save as' option and change the name of the file a little,
i.e if your town save before was something like 'Starlight Shores.sims3' then change the file name to 'Starlight Shores2.sims3' and it should work.

Fourth, If this has worked then exit out of the game without saving and then restart your computer and game.

This has worked for the past three of times I've gotten the 'error 16' message. Hope this helps any who deal with these save errors.

Have a great day, everyone and hope this helps.

Silver Daybreak

PS. I always save my game separately before exiting to main menu, as well and have had very few 'save error 12s'.