Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Deep Fryer and Ice Cream Machine Glitches!

Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me? I just purchased the Sizzle Baby Pro Deep Fryer and the Frost-Bite Ice Cream Machine, and I was super excited to use them, so I went in, made me a person and decided to experiment and play with the new objects. However, when I used the ice cream machine, it would allow my sim to make the ice cream flavors, but no matter what I did, she could not eat the ice cream. I tried every flavor and still she couldn't eat it. I got frustrated, so I just moved on to the deep fryer, but that was even WORSE! My sim would drop the food into the fryer and she would do around one or two flips of the food, then just leave it there. It would still be frying, and so I would go make her cook it again, but she would just do the same motion over again and then leave it. I got frustrated yet again and just made her go to bed, cause at this point, it was 12 (sim hours). But then, a horrible glitch would happen. She would keep performing the action of flipping the food while doing other actions such as taking a shower or walking! I had to go and reset then delete the deep fryer to stop this glitch. I would like to know if there is a way to fix this (hopefully a simple way) and if anyone else has encountered this problem and successfully fixed it because I did not spend $10 for two glithced-beyond-use objects! :x

P.S. I have a bunch of other store items and premium content and they have never done this before. They all work perfectly, just in case that needed to be known

Comments

• Options
    TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    edited May 2012
    I don't have problems with the ice cream maker but I can't use the deep fryer at all. It will work fine once or twice then Errortrap starts shooting off errors left and right and resetting my sims. I'm sure what ever error make Errortrap go crazy is the same thing that is causing your problems.

All the other premium content I have works fine.
  • Options
    jeancabrerajeancabrera Posts: 150 Member
    edited May 2012
    I don't have problems with the ice cream maker but I can't use the deep fryer at all. It will work fine once or twice then Errortrap starts shooting off errors left and right and resetting my sims. I'm sure what ever error make Errortrap go crazy is the same thing that is causing your problems.

All the other premium content I have works fine.

The same happens to me. Just the deep fryer has the same problem. How do I fix this? You got it?
  • Options
    skm36skm36 Posts: 2,754 Member
    edited May 2012
    Cherryg15 : Mine does the exact same thing as yours. It did work at first then, it started doing what you said yours did.
    I even tried uninstalling and then reinstalling. No luck.
    j7zqrt.jpg
  • Options
    katana_xkatana_x Posts: 1,163 New Member
    edited May 2012
    There are mod fixes for the premium content, but the ones I use can't be linked in the forums. Google "sims 3 store premium content fix" or something similar and you'll most likely get a number of hits that could help.
  • Options
    xXPetraGirlXxxXPetraGirlXx Posts: 189 Member
    edited May 2012
    katana_x wrote:
    There are mod fixes for the premium content, but the ones I use can't be linked in the forums. Google "sims 3 store premium content fix" or something similar and you'll most likely get a number of hits that could help.

You mean this Mod? http://www.mediafire.com/?mvxhfwt3t2d4at7 (Mediafire Link)
    Place the Mod in: My Documents/Electronic Arts/Sims 3/Mods/Packages.
    This Mod will fix all problems with your deep fryer and the ice cream machine. Good Luck.:wink:
  • Options
    Annya70Annya70 Posts: 8
    edited June 2012
    skm36 wrote:
    Cherryg15 : Mine does the exact same thing as yours. It did work at first then, it started doing what you said yours did.
    I even tried uninstalling and then reinstalling. No luck.
  • Options
    greeneyedsims1greeneyedsims1 Posts: 18 Member
    edited June 2012
    Thanks for the link, Petra! My deep fryer wasn't working either, now it does! :)
  • Options
    jazzieboo5678jazzieboo5678 Posts: 1
    edited June 2012
    skm36 wrote:
    Cherryg15 :
    Mine does the exact same thing as yours. It did work at first then, it started doing what you said yours did.
    I even tried uninstalling and then reinstalling.
    :?: No luck.
  • Options
    dilleykdilleyk Posts: 10
    edited September 2012
    I've tried many mods to help fix store content and I've only gotten SOME result with one of them. I haven't been able to eat from my ice cream maker since I installed it in my game. I've tried almost everything and this is what happens now with a mod I found.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/87529284@N02/8013826484/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/87529284@N02/8013824475/

Anybody else have ideas of what I might be able to modify? I didn't have any other mods installed while I was doing this either.
  • Options
    katana_xkatana_x Posts: 1,163 New Member
    edited September 2012
    dilleyk wrote:
    I've tried many mods to help fix store content and I've only gotten SOME result with one of them. I haven't been able to eat from my ice cream maker since I installed it in my game. I've tried almost everything and this is what happens now with a mod I found.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/87529284@N02/8013826484/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/87529284@N02/8013824475/

Anybody else have ideas of what I might be able to modify? I didn't have any other mods installed while I was doing this either.

Kind of depends on what fix you're using, since there are several floating around. The one linked above by Petra is seriously out of date; a user named kissingtoast/KT maintains an updated version. If you're using his, and using all of the parts in the right combinations (there are between 1 and 4 parts that you need, depending on how your content is installed and what other mods you use), it should work just fine. Google around for his fix. He gives pretty detailed instructions on which files you'll need. :)
  • Options
    Panagiwta95Panagiwta95 Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    hey guys can help me with fryer machine? crashes and Simms makes something strange with his hands got all Fix I did uninstall and reinstall but nothing help me please
  • Options
    bemalo20bemalo20 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited August 2013
    I'm not sure if you've found a solution yet.
    But I made the same problems and I'd put the fixes in the folders I was told.
    Then someone said that the kt storefix decrapfixes in the mods/package and the ccmerged decrapped int override folder

KT Store Fix:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/em5f5cxxv0639gi/KT_StoreFix_DecrapFixes.zip

CC Merged File:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/365m0sbowo8np47/ccmerged.zip
  • Options
    bemalo20bemalo20 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited August 2013
    cherryg15 wrote:
    Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me? I just purchased the Sizzle Baby Pro Deep Fryer and the Frost-Bite Ice Cream Machine, and I was super excited to use them, so I went in, made me a person and decided to experiment and play with the new objects. However, when I used the ice cream machine, it would allow my sim to make the ice cream flavors, but no matter what I did, she could not eat the ice cream. I tried every flavor and still she couldn't eat it. I got frustrated, so I just moved on to the deep fryer, but that was even WORSE! My sim would drop the food into the fryer and she would do around one or two flips of the food, then just leave it there. It would still be frying, and so I would go make her cook it again, but she would just do the same motion over again and then leave it. I got frustrated yet again and just made her go to bed, cause at this point, it was 12 (sim hours). But then, a horrible glitch would happen. She would keep performing the action of flipping the food while doing other actions such as taking a shower or walking! I had to go and reset then delete the deep fryer to stop this glitch. I would like to know if there is a way to fix this (hopefully a simple way) and if anyone else has encountered this problem and successfully fixed it because I did not spend $10 for two glithced-beyond-use objects! :x

P.S. I have a bunch of other store items and premium content and they have never done this before. They all work perfectly, just in case that needed to be known

I'm not sure if you've found a solution yet.
    But I made the same problems and I'd put the fixes in the folders I was told.
    Then someone said that the kt storefix decrapfixes in the mods/package and the ccmerged decrapped int override folder

KT Store Fix:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/em5f5cxxv0639gi/KT_StoreFix_DecrapFixes.zip

CC Merged File:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/365m0sbowo8np47/ccmerged.zip
  • Options
    livelaughlove626livelaughlove626 Posts: 4
    edited January 2014
    I have the same problem with both objects... No matter what Sim I use, they can't use either objects. They attempt to, but she can only make the flavors of ice cream but it stops half-way through and won't continue making it. She can't even use the deep fryer. She does two flip through things of the food, and then goes to sit down or goes to do something else, and still continues to do the cooking motion but isn't actually cooking. Any fixes for these objects? I have game update 1.63 because 1.67 and 1.67 won't work for me. I had to reinstall my games after I applied 1.66. But I have other CC and store items, and nothing else has any issues.
  • Options
    philkewleyphilkewley Posts: 552 Member
    edited February 2014
    Could this be a problem related to other mods in your game?
    I can't remember when I downloaded the ice cream maker/fryer but I remember having to install a mod to stop the Sims autonomous use of the fryer soon after, because they were eating fryed food non-stop and without beating around the bush, getting very overweight.

Then after an EA update, I forgot to reinstall the mod and I've played without it ever since. In fact I'd forgotten all about it because the Sims don't over use the fryer anymore & both machines work as expected.
    That's why I am thinking it's somehow related to a mod that prevents autonomous actions that is possibly out of date. I only have overwatch installed and I am patched to 1.67, and I've just tested both machines without any problems.
  • Options
    memertzsmemertzs Posts: 10 New Member
    Hey can anyone help me with the whole deep fryer not working. Mines like many others, the sims just stand there while cooking and never takes out the food to eat and will walk away and basket keeps shaking itself, and all of the Mediafire links i run across are no longer there. can someone help i really like the deep fryer and the ice cream machine works just fine.
  • Options
    ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    I've never had problems, but I know the deep fryer has problems if you put it on public lots. I would try Googling NRAAS and looking over there.