Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wedding Party With No Marriage! Glitch?

This is the second time this has happened, so I know it isn't a fluke. I threw a wedding party for an engaged couple. I click on the wedding arch and select "Get Married", the sims meet up at the arch, everyone starts to gather and cry/cheer, they start to "exchange rings" and then stop. They go back to normal interactions without actually getting married! I try again, same thing happens over and over. Of course, this ruins the party, and they don't get married.

I tried searching the forums but couldn't find anything about this. Is it a known glitch? How do I fix this?

Comments

• Options
    bluskys789123bluskys789123 Posts: 147 Member
    edited February 2012
    So...no one knows anything about this?? I am dying for some help!
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    edited February 2012
    I never saw this in my game. Once it took very long for the couple to react to the "get married" command, and I figured there was not enough space in front of the arch. But as your couple exchanged rings, they obviously got in the right position.

I would try getting married on a different lot. I have onbly tried on community lots, did you try it at home? If it still doesn't work, maybe you got some cc conflictimng with that wedding action?

You could start a new game temporarily, just to see if you get it to work in say a new version of sunset valley.

If you got mods, you might need to take the entire mods folder out to see if a plain game will work. Just make a backup before experimenting.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    PnelopePnelope Posts: 1 New Member
    This is happening to me as well. I have attempted 3 weddings at different locations. Everyone gathers and watches the wedding. Then their moodlets even say they are happy as they have just got married. But the checklist at the top for the goals, says they did not get married. I have accomplished all the other tasks such as thanking the guests for coming, cutting the cake, having drinks, eating food. But they get married under the arch and it will not state that they got married. It says my wedding was unsuccessful and I have no rewards.
  • Options
    bluskys789123bluskys789123 Posts: 147 Member
    This is in the Sims 3 section, Pnelope. I think you are talking about the Sims 4, so you want to post in the Sims 4 section. :)
  • Options
    zagbooruleszagboorules Posts: 474 Member
    I've never experienced this, but it definitely sounds like a glitch. My weddings glitch all the time, when my sims get married and then move on to cake cutting etc some people who were watching still stand there clapping, and no matter what I do they won't stop. So I have to use good old 'resetsim', it's a shame.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    In my most recent Sims wedding, my Sim had to actually use his phone to invite his fiancé to the lot for the wedding, but once he showed up they were able to use the arch just fine. But it seems this can be a glitchy process.

I have yet to get dancers to show up for a bachelor party, but I have only had the one, so...
  • Options
    EthelfriethaEthelfrietha Posts: 9 New Member
    I had a similar problem.

In the morning, my Sim planned her wedding for 5 PM at the art gallery. Meanwhile, I switched active households to a the groom’s household and back to the bride’s. No one show up to the wedding. Even the bride wouldn’t go. However, the game wouldn’t let me throw another party, because supposedly a party was already in progress.

I waited until the original nonexistent wedding party was over (and the bride was very sad that her wedding hadn’t happened). Then I threw a new wedding party later that night. The bride showed up, but only about three additional guests came. I had to make her call her fiancé on the phone and “invite out” to get him to come.

The fiancé arrived, and the bride’s action showed as “Be chatted to” by him. I clicked on the arch and told her to get married. Every time, her interaction reverted to “be chatted to.” Finally her fiancé got mad at her and left.

I exited without saving and tried again from the beginning of the second wedding party. The bride called the fiancé again, and he would only chat, so I used “resetsim” on the bride and then clicked on the arch. She came racing from home in her sports car...and they actually got married!

Now the teenagers are home from boarding school (I guess for the wedding?) and I don’t know how to send them back.

SO MANY GLITCHES!!