Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you have a sucessful sleepover party?

So one of my little sim children had the wish of wanting to have a successful sleepover. I couldn't for the life of me figure out how. I had her try to through a party from her cell phone, that didn't work. I didn't have time before she grew to a teen to invite a friend over and then see if that was an option. Just curious if anyone knew how. Before anyone asks, I think she got that wish because she has the party animal trait. Cause her other options were slob and loves the outdoors...

Comments

• Options
    SullySully Posts: 750 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'd like to know the answer to this too. I didn't realize that you could have Sleepover-type parties.

Try inviting children only?
  • Options
    KeylimepieKeylimepie Posts: 1,078 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Invite one of her friends over, and then under friendly interactions it should say "invite to sleep over"
  • Options
    DraugelDraugel Posts: 2
    edited June 2011
    Hey you could always perchase the life time award legendary host that might help i mean it gets all my other parties as great parties
  • Options
    etherealwogetherealwog Posts: 1,272 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Oh my, this thread is 2 years old and just got a response!
  • Options
    calmorezoocalmorezoo Posts: 8,105 Member
    edited June 2011
    its easier now with generations and the sleeping bags. as before the sim you invited didnt know where to sleep and would get irritated and go home. you invite them over then ask them if they want to stay the night. slumber parties do the party bit as normal.
    h2xmsbl]

• Options
    worm178worm178 Posts: 4,462 Member
    edited June 2011
    Even with Generations, when I invited all of the other kids over, they just left... it was a Saturday. :cry: :?
    Click it » My blog features Sims stuff like Machinima, Downloads, Stories, Reviews, and more!
  • Options
    worm178worm178 Posts: 4,462 Member
    edited June 2011
    Draugel wrote:
    Hey you could always perchase the life time award legendary host that might help i mean it gets all my other parties as great parties

Umm... Welcome to the forums!
    Click it » My blog features Sims stuff like Machinima, Downloads, Stories, Reviews, and more!
  • Options
    cuddlykcuddlyk Posts: 19 New Member
    edited February 2012
    To host a slumber party, click on the child to use the childs phone, select throw party, the only option is slumber party, invite the child friends, set the time and choose pyjamas as the clothes - the party is then the same as other parties, have food, music, kids toys etc - when they are tired they will pull out their sleeping bags and go to sleep :)

Hope this helps ;)
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited February 2012
    Keylimepie wrote:
    Invite one of her friends over, and then under friendly interactions it should say "invite to sleep over"

I did this, had the kid sleep over and the wish still wasn't fulfilled :?
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    ElfRingsElfRings Posts: 67
    edited October 2012
    cuddlyk wrote:
    To host a slumber party, click on the child to use the childs phone, select throw party, the only option is slumber party, invite the child friends, set the time and choose pyjamas as the clothes - the party is then the same as other parties, have food, music, kids toys etc - when they are tired they will pull out their sleeping bags and go to sleep :)

Hope this helps ;)

You'd think it would work that way. I guess it would make the game too easy. lol *sigh* Of course neither "Slumber Party" nor "Pajamas" are selectable options. It'd be nice if they'd work that into an update or something. As far as I'm concerned, the Have A Sleepover wish is broken.
  • Options
    familylover18familylover18 Posts: 3
    edited June 2013
    yeah, like cuddlyk said. Do you The Sims 3 Generations? If you have that expansion pack, then you are able to throw a slumber party. When your guest arrives be sure to order pizza and entertain your guests. Have a pillow fight or play toys with them. Also tell ghost stories(if they don't have any fear)! At around 11-ish, the parents will say it's time to go to bed so the guests will take out their sleeping bags and sleep! :):lol:
  • Options
    bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    edited June 2013
    Well, I can guarantee, if your grandmother dies during the sleepover, it won't be successful. Everybody went home.
  • Options
    StayGoldxOStayGoldxO Posts: 437 Member
    edited June 2013
    The OP is from 2009 guys..
  • Options
    lovernothater134lovernothater134 Posts: 1
    edited April 2014
    Does ur sim have any friends :?:
  • Options
    slushpuppieslushpuppie Posts: 3 New Member
    [quote="bklienhart;c-10922429"]Well, I can guarantee, if your grandmother dies during the sleepover, it won't be successful. Everybody went home.[/quote]

I literally had to just sign up to these forums so I could say, LOL. 4 years ago or not, that deserves a LOL
  • Options
    [quote="slushpuppie;c-15848882"][quote="bklienhart;c-10922429"]Well, I can guarantee, if your grandmother dies during the sleepover, it won't be successful. Everybody went home.[/quote]

I literally had to just sign up to these forums so I could say, LOL. 4 years ago or not, that deserves a LOL[/quote]
  • Options
    Oh god I can't quote or delete so I'll just leave that mess there
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Well, just stick around and keep posting. In no time you'll be a member and you can quote and delete all you like ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    EmilyLouise95EmilyLouise95 Posts: 27 Member
    If i can remember rightly, when the adults get invited to a free vacation for the weekend usually on the second day a friend of one of your sim children will get someone ring them telling them they should have a teen party or slumber party? usually for me they end up staying the whole night... not 100% on which one it is.
  • Options
    PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Well, just stick around and keep posting. In no time you'll be a member and you can quote and delete all you like ;)

@JoAnne65 Wait... you can delete your posts? How? Where? :joy:
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Wait... you can delete your posts? How? Where? :joy:
    No, we can edit/delete text within posts if we are full Members, not delete posts entirely.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    No, sorry, I meant deleting part of a text, not the entire post ;)
    5JZ57S6.png