Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Getting an error when installing the Sims 3 patch

I am getting an error when I try to install the patch for Sims 3. It says dfc-gorilla Error Invalid file found and then when I click OK it comes up with an other error The Sims 3 Update error: Invalid file found. I do not have any mods installed so what is the problem, can it be fixed, and has any one else received this error.

Comments

• Options
    mantis120mantis120 Posts: 124 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I dont even get that far. Soon as i click update it kicks me out of launcher..maybe they are gonna patch the patch.
  • Options
    CoralHibiscusCoralHibiscus Posts: 4 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm also getting this error. I tried seeing it was a fluke the first time it tried to install, but I get the error everytime.
  • Options
    raspberryraspberry Posts: 11 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Me too! Kept getting the error message "file not found" :x Why would they bother to release a patch that needs to be patched????
  • Options
    Prncss0925Prncss0925 Posts: 34 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Neither do I, I've got NO mods installed in my game at all but I'm still not having it go through. Hopefully they can address this issue & fix it :(
  • Options
    GerutabindyGerutabindy Posts: 8 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I installed the patch ok, but now the only thing I can do with a fridge or stove is tinker or have a quick meal of cereal! Everything else is gone!
  • Options
    fins13mpfins13mp Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Branes wrote:
    Aussiegirl, are you running the censor blur removal patch? If so, that's the file it doesn't like.
    You'll find it in Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin/Shaders_Win32.precomp. You'll need to replace this with the original game file. A link to it has been posted on the board..search for it.

If this isn't your problem...sorry, can't help you.

Oops, I just realized you said you don't have any mods installed..well, maybe someone can use this info.

That was my problem so thanks...it did help. But now with all the problems I'm reading about the patch I'm afraid to complete the install. I might be better off since I haven't had any of the problems that the patch is documented to fix.
  • Options
    lev48lev48 Posts: 11 New Member
    edited June 2009
    :( I had the blur removal installed, but couldn't install the update. I uninstalled the whole game and everything, then reinstalled it. That fixed the issue, but it's a bummer we can't use the blur removal, even tho there isn't too much detail with their clothes off. Hope someone smarter than me comes up with better "skins". Guess I'm just a 🐸🐸🐸🐸.
  • Options
    EricaplayerplayEricaplayerplay Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I had the blur removal and the patch wouldn't update. When I replaced it with the original file, the patch worked perfectly. After updating the patch, I dropped the blur removal back in the game and it runs fine. I guess with every patch update, I will have to restore to original files and then replace w/ hacks later lol.

Getting kinda strict.
  • Options
    LadyMurderLadyMurder Posts: 3 New Member
    edited June 2009
    For anyone that downloaded the "uncensored patch" that would replace the default Shaders_Win32.precomp, DELETE anything in the ...My Computer>C: drive>Program Files>Electronic Arts>The Sims 3>Game>Bin... that says uncensored (incluing the existing shaders_win32.precomp file).

If you never backed up the game's original file, have your disk in drive, go to ...My Computer, right click on your D: drive and click explore...

Go to ...Game>Bin, find the Shaders_Win32.precomp and COPY & PASTE to My Computer>C: drive>Program Files>Electronic Arts>The Sims 3>Game>Bin...

Then try to download your updates.
    It worked for me!

Hope this helped!

Post edited by Unknown User on
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top