Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

installing problems

EmilyKateeeEmilyKateee Posts: 10 New Member
edited March 8 in Nominated Threads
Soo I put the disc in, open up the installer get up to where it asks me to pick a place to install and i just click the normal Macintosh H/applications or something along those lines and click continue and it says:
"To install The Sims™ 3 Generations you must already have The Sims™ 3 installed."
"Select a volume where the /The Sims 3.localized/The Sims3.app is already installed"

Just to clarify I do have the sims 3 installed lol, (I also have ambitions) I've checked and the sims3 app is in the applications folder and I even tried just Macintosh H itself (which is basically the entire computer drive) and it still says no.. I also tried document/EA/Sims3 and that didn't work either so i'm lost :/

Anyy help would be much appreciated as I really wanna have a go at playing generations :(
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• Options
    NichaedemusNichaedemus Posts: 16,905 Member
    edited March 2013
    Hi,

For those running Mac OS X, you will need to navigate to the location where you have installed The Sims 3 base game application when prompted by the expansion or stuff pack's setup installer. By default, the base game is located in your Applications folder. Once the actual base game application icon (not the folder icon or shortcut icon) has been selected at the specified location, the expansion or stuff pack's setup installer should then continue normally.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    When you need help with The Sims 3 or The Sims 4, be sure to check out the Master Help Thread today!
  • Options
    EmilyKateeeEmilyKateee Posts: 10 New Member
    edited June 2011
    yeah i fiddled around with the location of the sims 3 app and eventually got it to work the way you just explained.
    thanks for the reply :)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top