Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Okami Legacy - Can Ten Generations Break The Curse?

Table of Contents
Introduction - This post
1.1 - Page 1

Hey there :)

This legacy is based off an old Japanese legend (and a video game that was inspired by it, the game is called Okami as well, it's a very good game and I do recommend it), but I added/removed/edited some stuff so a) it would make more sense and b) it would be suitable for The Sims 3! Now onto the Introduction!

The Introduction will focus not on the legacy, but what happened before! Okay, now onward!

(P.S. "Okami" is Japanese for "god.")

2m4zm6c.jpg
THE OKAMI LEGACY - Will ten generations break the curse and defeat the monster?

30x7qdg.jpg
As Sakura, Guardian of the Forest, appeared in the Kimiki Woods, she realized something. It was peaceful here. Unlike the other parts of the village that were cursed and unprotected and surrounded in darkness with terrified screams emitting from its inhabitants, this temple was still quiet and calm, or for the time being.

9icm04.jpg
Sakura felt a rush of exhaustion and clasped her hand to her forehead. Her powers were draining faster than she thought they would, and she knew it was a matter of time before her time on this world came to an end. She knew she had no time to dillydally and began to focus, ignoring the hot pain that was now spreading throughout her body.

15fhe2x.jpg
Sakura began to move her hands in a spell, muttering words to herself. This process took more than an hour. Finally she said, slightly bowing, "Dearest Mother Amaterasu, please reincarnate and accept my power as I chant this spell. Your village which you worked so hard to save during your time has been cursed again, and I ask that you are reborn with awesome strength as we need you more than ever now!"

rtg50y.jpg
The statue in the shrine disappeared ...

2qui2au.jpg
... And in its place appeared a woman, decked out in red and white. Sakura walked up to her and bowed before staring in delight. She had almost convinced herself that this wouldn't work, and now here was the reincarnation of the young woman who had saved Kimiki Village so many years ago, a legend lost in time, now breathing before her very eyes.

24ot46o.jpg
The woman stretched as if she felt stiff from standing still for a hundred years and yawned. Sakura approached her, closer this time.

25tkps1.jpg
"Mother Amaterasu." Sakura could barely contain her glee. "You're back, living and walking, at long last. Listen here. Your village has succumbed as you were peacefully resting, and we need your help once again before you can return to eternal slumber. It's the monster."

90nmzc.jpg
The woman did not say a word, just stared at Sakura as if she were a three-eared Easter bunny. Sakura chuckled. "I see that your long rest has fogged your memory. I shall give you a quick recap, then." Sakura got a distant look in her eyes as she recalled the past ...

14mxj5w.jpg
(This picture, and the next few, were taken from the Okami video game. You can obviously tell which ones were and weren't, lol.)
Precisely a hundred years ago, Kimiki Village stood proud and tall. It was most famous for its beautiful, sweet-smelling sakura (cherry blossom) trees. Everyone seemed happy. However, behind the beautiful scenery and majestic cherry blossom trees the village held a dark and dreadful secret ...

5jyxpl.jpg
A terrible ten-headed creature calling itself Orochi had taken control of the village. The villagers did whatever they possibly could to keep Orochi happy, or who knows what would happen! Also, Orochi could shift from human form to its monster form, disgusing itself as almost anything, so it was hard to tell when Orochi would next strike.

rlcebb.jpg
One day, Orochi demanded a sacrificed human to feast on. The chosen was the village's most fair and beautiful - and according to Orochi, the most delectable - young woman named Nami. However, a warrior of the village named Nagi truly and deeply loved Nami with all his heart, and did not wish to see her die. So he planned to attack Orochi in an attempt to spare Nami's life.

68ws3m.jpg
Meanwhile, a young woman had entered the small village and made a habit of patrolling the streets, protecting the village from robbers and murderers and intruders and crazy wild animals and many bad things. She did a very well job of keeping all unfortune out from the village. Since she was donned in red and white, the colors of Japanese gods, many people thought she was a phony and imposter thus disgracing the gods, but some believed that she was sent from the gods themselves as a blessing to this village that had encountered so much tragedy. She did not speak, so the villagers just called her Shizuko, Japanese for "silent child."

20gjejt.jpg
It was almost the time that Nami would be sacrificed to Orochi, and Nagi snuck up on Orochi, drew his sword, and with great grace and power, leapt at the horrid ten-headed monster. Orochi noticed after the first strike, and the battle began for real. They fought for what seemed like forever under the moonless night. Nagi tried and tried to attack Orochi best as he could, but the monster's hide was like steel - it left nary a scratch.

2rhwjme.jpg
Finally, Nagi dropped to his knees, cut up and bruised, fatigued and gasping for breath while Orochi stared at him hungrily with glowing red eyes, knowing that it would get two human meals in one night. Nagi felt weak. He felt a wave of pain and exhaustion cross over him, and he knew he was staring Death in the face.

314xceg.jpg
Suddenly, a figure fell in between Nagi and Orochi. Nagi looked upon closer inspection, and noticed it was Shizuko. Shizuko drew power and energy from the cherry blossom trees and began to fight Orochi. The fight was long and bloody with no successor. Whenever Orochi blew fire at Shizuko, she would use wind to counter it. Whenever Orochi tried to charge at her, she made a shield using many cherry blossom trees to defend herself. Shizuko was truly proving that she was indeed sent from the gods.

Finally, Orochi stabbed Shizuko in her weak spot. Stumbling, gasping, she fell to her knees. Using her last bit of power she weakened Orochi further before collasping. Nagi, who had been taking shelter in the shadows, ran to Orochi and leaped once again high in the air, his silver sword glittering in the moon which had then reappeared, and within seconds each of Orochi's ten heads seperated from its owner.

317bpck.jpg
Shizuko was heavily bleeding, the white parts of her hair and robe now drenched with red. Nagi scooped her up in his arms and carried her out to the village, and then, thinking, took one of Orochi's heads. As the villagers saw Nagi with one of Orochi's heads, they cheered. Then, seeing Shizuko in her current state, they followed him into Kimiki forest.

Nagi laid Shizuko in the precise center of the forest, and under the falling cherry blossoms, she died a peaceful death. A shrine was built with a statue of her to honor her, and people left gifts of many kinds for her as the village's protection stayed intact. Peace had at long last returned to Kimiki Village.

As time passed, fewer and fewer people believed in the story and even less in gods, and less gifts were offered at the shrine. The village's protection slowly began to weaken because of this.

A hundred years later, the village was held only by a thread of protection. Almost nobody believed in gods nor the legend anymore: it was now a fable told to scare small children at night, or for people to publish in mythology books and make a small fortune of it. One day, a daring group of teenagers decided to visit the cave in which Orochi had been supposedly slayed. They saw the ancient sword buried in the soil. "Hah," one said, "I bet they just put it there so more people would believe the story." He then walked up to the sword and pulled it out out of the ground, leaving a hole.

Suddenly, dark fog began to rush out of the hole in which the sword was pulled from, and the teenagers were pushed back by all the force. The fog formed a creature, with ten heads and glowing red eyes ... Orochi.

"Ahh!" Orochi exclaimed. "A hundred years dead, but no longer more. I shall teach those pesky humans a lesson for betraying me!" Orochi then looked down at the wide-eyed teen, who looked quite frightened. "Thank-you for releasing me after all these years!" Orochi said, then took off, turning the others to stone, and went to the village, releasing havoc ...

346n8kx.jpg
"... And the being that will banish Orochi once and for all is a descendant of yours, ten generations from now: one generation for each of Orochi's heads. The first generation being you, Amaterasu." Sakura finished. "I know that this is a lot to take in, but it must be done. You will be sent to a small town by the name of Sunset Valley, on the other side of the world: there, your legacy will prosper. Be careful who you trust as anyone could be Orochi or a slave for the monster trying to put an end to you! Luckily, since not many people believe in the gods anymore, you will appear as a normal human being. Oh, and one more thing - do NOT tell anybody who you are, or your plans, EXCEPT for the heir! Once the tenth generation's heir has been selected, they must prepare for war, as it will be a long battle indeed."

2colb0o.jpg
Cherry blossoms began to fall. "My time to leave this world has come," she said sadly. "I have faith in you, Amaterasu ..."

2ajq0yg.jpg
The cherry blossoms surrounded Sakura, and she disappeared, dying gallantly, leaving a beautiful cherry blossom tree in her place.

2rhbdkl.jpg
Amaterasu walked up to the tree, kneeled down, and touched it: she then saw everything around her cover in a thick fog. She felt dizzy, and it seemed like forever when she finally saw a blinding light peaking out from the fog. She reached out and touched it, feeling its warmth, and prepared to start a new life in Sunset Valley.

Welll, that was it! I hope you liked it! :mrgreen: Stay tuned for 1.1 which will be arriving soon!

Comments

• Options
    LufferkinzifyLufferkinzify Posts: 2,990 Member
    edited May 2011
  • Options
    kelseyomgkelseyomg Posts: 298
    edited May 2011
    Okami is one of the best games ever. Great start, I am bookmarking you!
  • Options
    kaylapearlkaylapearl Posts: 207 New Member
    edited May 2011
    Wow! That was quite the read but will make for a great story! I never read the original but I'm excited that you're going to recreate it :) I'm definitely going to bookmark this legacy!
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Thanks for the positive feedback guys! I will be going to bed now (12 A.M. where I am) and will start it tomorrow! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    kaylapearlkaylapearl Posts: 207 New Member
    edited May 2011
    Goodnight! I can't wait until tomorrow then!
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Here it is, I couldn't wait! WARNING: VERY long chapter! ;)

kaik28.jpg
    THE OKAMI LEGACY - 1.1 "Sunset Valley"

1zh166p.jpg
    As the fog around Amaterasu dispensed, she found herself in a large park and just so happening to Love The Outdoors, Amaterasu smiled and enjoyed it. It was especially nice to get out once you've been spending a hundred years resting in the darkness of death.

2877k3.jpg
    Suddenly, Amaterasu blinked. She didn't realize she was so hungry. Not having anything on her lot and very little money, she went to the picnic table to grab a (free) hamburger and saw ...

zjts3r.jpg
    ... A man sitting all by himself. Noticing an opportunity, she went to go introduce herself.

r24652.jpg
    "Hi there ... I'm kinda new here. My name is Amaterasu Okami, but you can call me Ammy ... if you want," she added that last part hastily.

"Hello! I am Xander Clavell, and welcome to Sunset Valley! This is a small, quaint little town, so it's nice to see some new faces." He smiled, and Amaterasu relaxed a little.

35i0p5f.jpg
    Time passed, and the two were already great friends, because only a true friend would embarrass themself in public with you. Amaterasu however, had no romantic interest in Xander whatsoever, and decided that the two of them would just be friends.

s5l92v.jpg
    Suddenly, Xander and Ammy shared an amormous hug, closer than Amaterasu was hoping to get. She blushed and then quickly said goodbye and tried to head out of the park afterward.

nmlorb.jpg
    "Wait." That single word hit Amaterasu like she had just dived headfirst into ice-cold water. She stood silently while Xander walked up to her and grabbed her hands.

98db1v.jpg
    Before Xander could get any deeper than that however, his mother called and demanded him to return home. To Ammy's relief, Xander got in his car and drove home. He invited Ammy over, but she knew what would happen if she accepted the offer. So she spent the night at the park instead, sleeping on a bench near the fountain.

2czvmkw.jpg
    When Amaterasu woke up late that day, she decided to go to the beach and get something to eat. Unfortunately her attempt at grilling hot dogs was not a successful one.

2q3pswi.jpg
    However, it is told that if you're the chef making the food, the taste increases dramatically according to your tongue. This was the case for Amaterasu. She was happy to chomp into the first meal she cooked in her time here, and smiled as she ate, looking like she was having the time of her life.

25q9lc4.jpg
    After she ate her meal, Amaterasu sat in a chair and enjoyed the fresh air, sea-salty smell of the beach, but most of all, the sunshine. Amaterasu did mean "sun" and "heaven" in Japanese after all, and Ammy was no exception.

2ex0vgi.jpg
    However, she had gotten little sleep the night before, and the wooden park bench was not comfortable and even gave her a splinter. She began to nod off, and after a few mintues fell completely asleep, not caring that anyone was watching her.

Then, Amaterasu woke up after a few hours. It was almost dark out. She did not realize she had been sleeping for so long. Suddenly, she felt the prescence of someone next to her, and looked up to see ...

3er90.jpg
    Xander was standing right next to her, watching her sleep. Ammy was so shocked, she jumped nearly up ten feet in the air. He saw her wake up, then stalked over the bar. Ammy however, followed him, preparing a lecture.

33xefe1.jpg
    "What are YOU doing here?!" she nearly screeched. Xander and her were good friends, but it was just so creepy and stalkerish that he had followed her to the beach and watched her sleep.

Xander fluttered his eyelashes. "I thought it would be a nice surprised for you," he said charmingly, but Ammy just rolled her eyes and walked to the beach. Xander followed.

34gn4w6.jpg
    Xander then (against Amaterasu's will) cupped her face in his hands. The light of the moon which had just begun to show shined down on them, and the stars twinkled, looking beautiful mirrored against the reflected ocean. "Amaterasu ..." Xander softly whispered, and Amaterasu kept her mouth shut.

fnz4oz.jpg
    Suddenly, Xander saw the opportunity, leaned forward and gently kissed Amaterasu. Amaterasu remained standing, frozen, and not reacting at all. She could not believe what was happening right now. She quickly pulled apart and started to go home like she did the other night, but Xander offered her a ride home, promising he wouldn't try anything else. Reluctantly, Amaterasu agreed.

2dkwz2d.jpg
    The ride back to Ammy's house - or should I say, living lawn - was awkward and silent. Ammy just looked out the window the whole time, her mind blank. Finally, she turned and looked at Xander who was busy driving, and was shocked to find herself (slightly) attracted to him. She looked away at the window again, but this time with Xander on her mind.

9thldi.jpg
    "Thanks for the ride," Amaterasu thanked Xander. "Uh ... no problem." Xander then turned to leave, but this time Ammy was the one to stop him.

e6xb0l.jpg
    She surprised both Xander and herself by giving him a kiss. When they were done, they were both breathing hard. Ammy was especially spooked (but in a good way) how she had gone from unattracted to kissing Xander within a day.

2hcqiox.jpg
    "There's something you should know, Xander," Amaterasu whispered into Xander's ear since it was very late out. "If we can be together ... this is the only way."

"What's the only way?" Xander asked, puzzled, but his question was followed by an action that certainly spoke louder than words.

152jb7c.jpg
    ztbus1.jpg
    o2zgx.jpg
    "I know you have Commitment Issues, Xander, so if we're going to work, this is the only way I know I can trust you ..."

4vqvk6.jpg
    122ye80.jpg
    2h6x355.jpg
    In a flash, Xander said yes and was jumping up and down in glee. Amaterasu was overjoyed. She slipped the ring on his finger, and both rejoiced in a hug.

2j666fd.jpg
    Then, they put good use to the bed that was on the lot.

dym13p.jpg
    The next morning, Amaterasu went to the Science Lab. She hoped to get a job as money was tight and since reaching Level 9 was her ambition in life, she decided to go for it. Later she found out she got the job, and was overjoyed.

2pz09wp.jpg
    When Amaterasu saw that she needed Gardening skill in order to advance in her career, she immediately went to the library and cracked open a Gardening book. Money was tight, so she couldn't afford one of her own. She was so into the book and so oblivious to her other surroundings, she didn't even notice her stomach starting to turn over and over again, until it got bad. Amaterasu suddenly felt the need to vomit.

iduqlu.jpg
    She made it just in time and let it all out.

2qxow2f.jpg
    14e2x6d.jpg
    After brushing all traces of the icky material out of her mouth, Amaterasu stared at her reflection in the mirror. What was becoming of her? Was this one of Orochi's doings? Shaking her head, Amaterasu grabbed the Gardening book and read it until the library had to close.

2wnnyfp.jpg
    In the middle of the night, Amaterasu woke up (by the way, you like that robe sleepwear I picked? There's also matching slippers. I figured it gets cold in that field of hers.) in the middle of the night. Thinking about what else than food.

23uwn6d.jpg
    She spun into maternity wear, and it was confirmed. She was pregnant.

29ddzxu.jpg
    She would tell Xander in the morning. She was afraid to how he would react, since he had Commitment Issues. But she figured that if he had the guts to marry her, he would also accept a baby. Still, Ammy tended her new garden to relax her and keep the stress temporarily away from her mind, and afterwards, went back to sleep.

o8830j.jpg
    When Ammy woke up the next day, she called Xander, and it turned out he would be doing whatever Xanders do until 4. So she went to the park, met a new friend, and even let her rub her belly.

"What did you say your name was again, dear?" (<--- Ammy)

"Bella Bachelor!" (<--- Bella, of course)

"Wait ... that name ... hmm ..."

"Uhh -"

"... is really nice!"

"Oh. Phew!"

15mmy47.jpg
    She even caught a butterfly, and named her Jessica.

2gv4j1d.jpg
    21oy0zs.jpg
    And then caught a few fish, which she later used for fertilizer for her little garden.

muxsuo.jpg
    Finally, Xander returned from whatever he was doing. Amaterasu invited him to the *cough* living lawn, then greeted him (to her dismay) with a kiss.

1z32wrk.jpg
    "Honey, I have some news. I'm pregnant ..."

29lyahe.jpg
    Xander gave her a single thumbs-up. No hug-attack, no happy faces. Just a pathetic thumbs up. Amaterasu however, wasn't surprised. She wasn't expecting Xander to be too excited about the news.

2912per.jpg
    "Hey, honey, why don't we get married tonight?" Ammy asked.

"T-tonight?"

"Sure! Our lives are short, after all ... and what with the baby on the way ..."

2lj5c1z.jpg
    It was settled - Amaterasu and Xander would be joined together later that night. With the little funds she had, Ammy bought a nice rose arrangement. She then threw a party and invited the only two people she knew, which was her boss and Bella Bachelor. She then got into her wedding dress. Because of Xander's Inappropriate trait, he was going to get married in his everyday outfit. Classy, Xander.

or80ms.jpg
    28cek3l.jpg
    The ceremony began, and Amaterasu knew from the bottom of her heart that even though she was attracted to Xander, she truly did not love him. The only thing on her mind as the event pressed on was the funds that he would bring in, and the life in her tummy that would soon help to save her dear Kimiki Village. So, with an uncertain lump in her throat, Amaterasu said her vows and binded herself to the man which she did not want to spend the rest of her life and beyond with.

5lt0rp.jpg
    2mmxtkw.jpg
    It was done. Whether she liked it or not, Amaterasu had portrayed all the love she showed for Xander Okami, which really did not exist deep in Amaterasu's heart.

pahhv.jpg
    I leave you with this picture of Xander mooching some money off of Ammy's boss (good impression, huh ...). When we come back, a house will be built, Xander will get a makeover (YAY!) and a baby will be born! Stay tuned for 1.2!

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
  • Options
    edited May 2011
  • Options
    ShyneiaShyneia Posts: 705
    edited May 2011
    I love your legacy. Never heard of the game before, but I am taken by what you have written so far. Can't wait to see what happens next. Also, I think they will have some beautiful babies ^^
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Hey everyone! I haven't been able to post or play, since I was grounded from the computer for a week and then I had to go camping! But I will begin to play today! Thanks for your patience and support!
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Hello! For anyone who does not like reading the pictures posted on the forum, or are having problems with TS3.com, I have created a blog. Check it out: http://theokamilegacy.blogspot.com/

Only the prolouge is up, but tomorrow I plan to put 1.1 on it, then I will begin to write 1.2. Please check it out if you can. 8)
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Hello again everyone! I have some news. The news being that I am now going to fully post chapters on the blog instead of TS3.com! I just find it easier to post it within a blog. So, if you want to view future chapters, please go to http://www.theokamilegacy.blogspot.com. Thanks! :)