Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why I think we need more pack refreshes and possibly a remake or overhaul of basegame.

I been giving it some thought for sometime now and really think if Sims 4 is going to be running for several years still, I think some maybe bug issues need to be addresses so every pack unlike before really messes with the game. But not only that in age where we talk about diversity and inclusivity I think base game could do with overhaul, I expect that can probably not be lifted by just being generous so I would not be against it being like a sims 4 base game definitive version that could upgrade and replace existing base game. But what I think it should do beside fixing bugs would be to overhaul worlds that come with basegame, so they feel more unique besides just being different aesthetic. Like for instance I don't understand Oasis spring not putting more empathizing on focusing around hispanic focused history, would been cool if Oasis spring museum had its on art that matched the cultural setting, maybe tourist attraction added like a fort or something sea side you could visit. Willow creek could have an actual steamboat you could visit as tourist attraction, could also been nice if when viewing art at museum that it actually gave a brief story about art piece, feel like currently using museums are extremely boring outside just getting a buff.

Think in general some same could be said for other worlds that it be nice to see more things that make them different to each other, some the packs done it well in forms of unique activities there like camping with outdoor retreat, Snowing escapes with ski theme and island living with boat and such. Just think much of what at least for me is making sims 4 feel boring is that many worlds and such have base line community buildings with same functions and mostly same stuff inside.

What do everyone else think, just curious am I the only one who feel this way?

Comments

• Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,039 Member
    I would love an overhaul where they addressed bugs and added new features to each pack and base game. It wouldn't even have to be refreshes, just a part of their monthly updates, that they also focus on the packs more, adding bits and pieces that are "missing".

As for a world overhaul, while I would love one, I do think there are risks involved of them being save-breaking. That, of course, could be easily solved by allowing updated worlds to be downloaded for free by choice, rather than a general update. So if you want swimmable waters, beach lots, new local festivals and (if you have jungle adventure) archaeological findings in all worlds, go ahead, but if you value your old saves more, then don't.

As for museums, that is a chapter all on its own. I would love a complete overhaul of the museum venue type and what you can do there regardless of any pack overhauls. There is so much lost potential in museums! I love the idea of each art piece in game having a little history that you can find out by viewing it! Here are some of my other wishes:
    • A semi-active museum curator/guide career, where the work from home options include things like 'give a guided tour at a museum', hold an art-class at a museum (where you mentor people who paint), give a lecture about art (or history, or acheology, depending on the type of museum, which brings me to...
    • Different types of museums - in settings from build mode you could set the type of museum. Art, history/archaeology, technology, natural history, performing arts... Depending on the type of museum, visitors wold get different buffs, would be able to attend lectures of different topics and learn different things.
    • Art/objects that are museum-specific. I would love artwork, sculptures and historical pieces that are only available for museum lots (unless you use a cheat-code). That way it wouldn't be the same painting in a person's house that is present at the museum. Replicas on post cards or posters could be bought at the museum and brought with you home.
    • Museums could hold classes in skills tied to the type of museum. So a history/archeology museum would have archeology classes where you'd uncover artefacts, and someone mentors you, an art-museum could have art-classes, performing arts museum acting classes and so on.
    • As well as hold guided tours as a guide, you could attend them as a visitor and learn new things.
    • If studying art in university, visiting a museum could be part of the course homework.
    • If high-school is installed school could have field trips to museums.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited March 28
    I don't think changing the map itself is possible at this stage of game but adding objects is possible where there is routing already

so yes I could see update that adds some new oasis springs or willow creek style items

or things to do on existing lots

for instance one could build fort in yuma heights if they wanted just need some items mayhaps.

or they could add some off lot activity like golfing spots in worlds we have those fake golf courses just make real useable golf spot item and have them appear seasonally in some off lot areas

or maybe we could have some more build items for Queen Anne style house exteriors? would be useful when building in willow creek.

and so on and so forth

the museums I'm bit eh about because I'm just using them as stand in for " I don't know what lot type I want for this lot type thats not really functioning in the sims" like church or cityhall or whatnot

having it be museum specific functionally id have to find new default community lot type where sims don't behave upsettingly *sighs* I just like them as " vaguely stately place"

overall I don't really like it when lot types get too restrictive to one type of lot like if i make a park i don't want to specify if its a waterpark or kids park or garden park i like that its just park (which is also why i have very few lots assigned pool because i always include something else with my pools like spa or gym or bar or whatever)
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    ThornwillowThornwillow Posts: 123 Member
    Yeah, i've been thinking about it a lot lately, not exactly a overhaul for base game but additions that could make the base game worlds as singular and special as the dlcs ones. Some of my suggestions are

Willow Creek:
    - Local aspiration: Swamp-dweller
    - Skills: Creole culture
    - Festival: Mardi Gras / Jazzfest
    - Saloons: Ative careers (Culinary and Entertainer)
    - NPC: Tourists
    - Lore: Ghosts, Voodoo, Bella Goth, Mambo Loa, Occults, etc.

Oasis Springs:
    - Local aspiration: Desert inhabitant
    - Skill: Oasis Springs culture
    - Festival: Pride Fest
    - Museums: Active careers (museologist, painter and entertainer)
    - NPC: Tourists
    - Lore: Politics, Landgraabs, Crime, Calientes, Science, Aliens

But of course i wouldn't mind a overhaul including houses refreshes (i don't think Willow Creek houses look victorian enough and Oasis Springs, modern enough), maybe correcting the world map ('cause it don't look like the real world) and making it more realistic, etc.