Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Best Place for a Vampire Jeweler

So I have a young vampire who's mother recently took him and his werewolf twin on an outing to Forgotten Grotto. He developed a fascination with Gems that will lead to his future career. As a teen he can start his entrepreneur journey setting up a vending table outside of his current home in Forgotten Hollow, but, when he grows up, I think he would want a proper shop. Since he likes gardens, I think his jewelry store should have a garden attached to it, even though the customers probably won't use it. He plans on moving to Glimmerbrook as a young adult, so it might make sense to have his shop right there. He may or may not move to Chestnut Ridge later (depending on whether or not I buy Horse Ranch in the current sale). He could set up the shop in Forgotten Hollow, but that would require bulldozing/repurposing the starter home, since all the other lots are occupied. I've put some of the other worlds in the poll because I haven't ruled them out as possibilities.

Any suggestions for shop names or shop aesthetics would be appreciated too. He likes the color gray, if that gives you any ideas (it doesn't give me any).

Gems.png
-No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
-Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
-No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.

The Best Place for a Vampire Jeweler 25 votes

Willow Creek
0%
Oasis Springs
0%
Windenberg
28%
crocobaurabshag4lvcyncieEnkiSchmidtCeridwenTTNsimmerskip 7 votes
Forgotten Hollow
16%
Mariefoxprice83OldeseadoggeTheFlyingGentlemanHavenRose 4 votes
Glimmerbrook
52%
lisamwittelanorbretoncchant86loubyloulouashcrash19annaliese39MDianaSimsDaniRose2143SERVERFRASeashoreLiviaSanniSilliPerti23LeucosiaX 13 votes
Strangerville
4%
RedDestiny92 1 vote
Chestnut Ridge
0%
Newcrest
0%

Comments

• Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    edited March 16
    I put the one I downloaded in Copperdale, it seemed like a good place, but for a Vampire I might use Forgotten hollow if I had a lot open. If you have For rent, you might want to put some of your vampires in rentals if that will free up some lots.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Windenberg
    I think a young vampire would enjoy nightlife so out of the worlds you listed I chose Windenburg. I think San Myshuno would have been even better. For the shop aesthetics, I think a modern or industrial look would suit a grey colour palette best.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Windenberg
    I think a young vampire would enjoy nightlife so out of the worlds you listed I chose Windenburg. I think San Myshuno would have been even better. For the shop aesthetics, I think a modern or industrial look would suit a grey colour palette best.
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,658 Member
    edited March 16
    Windenberg
    @Eleri I don’t know if you use mods, but I use LittleMsSams Live in Business mod to have my sims live in an apartment over their functional business. I have one live in bar, and one live in cafe. So, if you know where your sim is going to settle, you can have both the residence and the store on the same lot. I don’t think it requires Get to Work, but I could be wrong. Anyway, I think a modern young vampire would love the aesthetic and nightlife in Windenburg.

I’m going for Timeless Treasures as a store name, or Gems at Twilight/Twilight Dreams/Glints of Twilight to tie in to the gray color scheme and presumed late night hours. As for the shop aesthetic, I think a gray/beige French Country style would convey the ageless but comfortably upscale mood you’d want for a jewelry store run by a vampire.

• Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    Maybe something like this? A gray wall or stone tile flooring would be nice in here, especially if there are a lot of plants or silver jewelry on display.
    Werewolf stuff wouldn't be out of place either, depending on how well the twins get along :)
    745d327a1973540a908051b8b086e777.jpg
  • Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 550 Member
    Werewolf stuff wouldn't be out of place either, depending on how well the twins get along :)

@mightysprite When they aged up to teens I found out Garnet (the twin) is actually a hybrid vampire werewolf (vamwolf?), a very glitchy life state. Neither his beast form nor his dark form work properly and his needs panel is kind of hard to read. The twins disliked each other at birth, but they've been getting along better lately (mostly).
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited March 18
    Does it matter if the world has gems to gather?
    or will they be using crystal tree / buying the gems / travelling far lands?

Didn't see any rocks in Glimmerbrook or Magic Realm
    but also that probably means more potential customers 🤔
    and like you could live in glimmerbrook and make the jewellery
    and then pick up your jewellery and go to magic realm
    set up the selling table there that would work as your "shop"

Forgotten Hollow also no gems there as far as i could see so would need to travel out

Copperdale is good middle option if you have it
    as the world goes well with witch/gothic style houses,
    has some rocks to dig and theres the town square which would be great for setting up a shop

Oasis Springs has most gems though if it matters
    and theres the entrance to forgotten grotto as well
    even though I suppose you could place one anywhere
    con is though, the sun. very harsh in Oasis Springs
    unless your vampire has sun resistance.
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,608 Member
    Glimmerbrook
    I choose Glimmerbrook because I feel the crystal tree looks best there. That's were I have my main jeweler, but she an elf. Any place is fine for it. I also find you need more space to sprawl out the jewelry and have it organized. He can get a store which can be like a live /work studio anywhere.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited March 22
    turns out Windenburg also has lots of gems and metals to collect so thats another good option (+ german town also goes well with witchy/gothic/occulty builds of all kind)
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,856 Member
    Glimmerbrook
    Maybe it’s just the natural connection between Spellcasters and gemology with the proximity to the Magic Realm that made me choose Glimmerbrook. It feels like the perfect fit especially if your sim loves gardening.

Windenburg is a good second choice though. Put it in the Windslar neighborhood on the Summer Home lot.
  • Options
    ValravnWitchValravnWitch Posts: 91 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Didn't see any rocks in Glimmerbrook or Magic Realm

There are rocks in Glimmerbrook, my Alchemist lived there and collected them every day.
    Magic Realm also sometimes has some.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Forgotten Hollow
    Kick Vlad to the curb and set up there.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited March 28
    You missed out Del Sol Valley. All that nightlife and rich celebrities.<3 A vampire would do very well in that country. A jewellers shop there would make loads of Simoleons!
  • Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 550 Member
    edited March 29
    So the twins have moved to Glimmerbrook. I liked @crocobaura 's suggestion of an industrial shop, but that would fit in better with Windenberg, especially the Old Platz neighborhood. I also liked @cyncie 's French Country concept. This fits in with Glimmerbrook, especially since some of the French Country assets come with Realm of Magic. Also, Goran grew up in a French Country home, so there's an element of nostalgia for him. I converted the starter home in Glimmerbrook to a boutique. Changed the layout so that the bathroom connects directly to the shop area. Since he's into gourmet cooking, his jewelry shop also sells gourmet desserts. It makes sense in my head. Then, the area behind the kitchen is a sort of living space where he can relax and play video games after the work day. I've decided to use the industrial concept for the kitchen and living space so it's like the shop has two components, an elegant customer-facing side, and a seamy side just for the household members. I'm calling the store "Savor of Twilight."
    03-27-24-9-23-26-PM.png
    Since his favorite aesthetic is Garden style, and that doesn't really work indoors, I turned their entire home lot into a garden. I plan on converting it to an outdoor arts center after they leave.
    03-28-24-8-40-19-PM.png