Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I wish they had rewind!

We can pause and fastforward at different speeds, too bad we couldn't rewind or slow time. Sometimes I see something funny and think, "Darnett! If only I could rewind it record it and replay it in slow motion!!!

Comments

• Options
    ZhalkZhalk Posts: 310 New Member
    edited December 2012
    It's not in there because if a Sim died you would be able to rewind and undo what just happened, same with Burglar, and all that other stuff
  • Options
    HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited December 2012
    Unless they make it like similar like how you can't go into buy mode when burgled, if you try to change undo it give a prompt that you can't and it is view mode only?
  • Options
    RockleyfamilyRockleyfamily Posts: 5,730 Member
    edited December 2012
    I like the idea, for if you miss a pic or a hilarious moment. Recently all my sims were annoyed because of a rude guest. I missed what the guest did and it's still a mystery, I really wana know!!!

I think having it so you can't use it at certain times would be good. Or for example in other games like Fifa, you can play back bits of the match, record things and even send the video clips to others. It won't affect the way the match goes, you can only watch, but it's good to show things off and see things again:)
  • Options
    wayusawayusa Posts: 300
    edited December 2012
    Wow that'd be a good idea. I wish we could just slow down the time and not slow down the sims actions though. Sometimes it takes 40 min-hour (sim time) to get rid of a few old newspapers lying around - such a waste of time! Why cant they pick them all up and throw it out at the same time :S
  • Options
    JadedJaneJadedJane Posts: 991 Member
    edited December 2012
    I think it would also be great especially for the simmers that love to make movies. For instance when you have the moment when the sims go back in time. You can record the rewind but not undo any of it. i also sometimes miss a certain moment and think wat happened? So rewind would be so perfect. And slow motion would be fun just to savor a moment and great for the movie making simmers tooo!
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited December 2012
    wayusa wrote:
    Wow that'd be a good idea. I wish we could just slow down the time and not slow down the sims actions though. Sometimes it takes 40 min-hour (sim time) to get rid of a few old newspapers lying around - such a waste of time! Why cant they pick them all up and throw it out at the same time :S

There is a mod for slowing down time without slowing down sims. http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Relativity
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Stormkeep wrote:
    wayusa wrote:

There is a mod for slowing down time without slowing down sims. http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Relativity

I wish they had a rewind mod then.
    I feel as though Sims is giving us our what if we could whatever wish. So, if I could do something in the sims that I couldn't in reality, that would be to have a rewind to play back even the silliest moments. Or we have that "did that just really happen" moment and we could say"hmm, let me see that again!"
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    JadedJane wrote:

I wish they had a rewind mod then.
    I feel as though Sims is giving us our what if we could whatever wish. So, if I could do something in the sims that I couldn't in reality, that would be to have a rewind to play back even the silliest moments. Or we have that "did that just really happen" moment and we could say"hmm, let me see that again!"

:lol: I agree it would be nice to be able to rewind. There's been many times while playing where I went "***, did that really just happen?? LOL"... It would be awesome to be able to rewind and actually capture those moments to a video or photo.

Unfortunately it isn't something that's possible. In order to have a rewind the game first needs to be actually keeping track of everything that has happened so that it can be undone backwards. The game doesn't do that.

That's the reason there is no rewind. It would hurt the performance of the game to add that as well. That's the real reason there is no rewind, not because of some attempt by the programmers to make us not be able to "undo" deaths. They have give us a half dozen in game ways to undo or prevent sim deaths, I don't imagine they give a rat's patooey if we do it.
  • Options
    trithonetrithone Posts: 1,406 Member
    edited December 2012
    Or perhaps an "instant replay" instead of rewind?
    a.k.a. Samantha (though Sam is just fine, too. Also, Simmantha, according to my husband.)

Thanks to a lot of amazing sim friends I have owned the store for a while now. If you'd like to help out a really good friend of mine who just started playing the game, here is his wishlist. Thanks!

• Options
    SmokeyBearzSmokeyBearz Posts: 1,138 Member
    edited December 2012
    Unfortunately it isn't something that's possible. In order to have a rewind the game first needs to be actually keeping track of everything that has happened so that it can be undone backwards. The game doesn't do that.
    What Stormkeep said.

This isn't a video editing software. It doesn't record.
    Now I will personally stab anyone saying they think it should be added.

close thread or die!

*sharpens knife*
  • Options
    wayusawayusa Posts: 300
    edited December 2012
    Stormkeep wrote:
    wayusa wrote:

OMG! thanks so much. I'm definitely gonna have to add this mod to my game this weekend!! SWEET!!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    What Stormkeep said.

This isn't a video editing software. It doesn't record.
    Now I will personally stab anyone saying they think it should be added.

close thread or die!

*sharpens knife*

Whatever!!!
  • Options
    SmokeyBearzSmokeyBearz Posts: 1,138 Member
    edited December 2012
    And by the way, The Ideas and Feedback forum is that way
    >
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    I think you got turned around. I am pretty sure that it's

<
    That way.
  • Options
    Galatea0Galatea0 Posts: 203 Member
    edited December 2012
    Stormkeep wrote:
    I think you got turned around. I am pretty sure that it's

<
    That way.

:lol:
  • Options
    DangerDangerDangerDanger Posts: 5,327 Member
    edited December 2012
    The only way I'd want a rewind button is if it was some kind of "Do-over LTW" that would let you go undo two sim days or something and would cost a carpload of LTW points. Otherwise the game would be too boring! :D Save often though, and you have a rewind button of sorts. ;)
    Hi. I'm Danger. I like spaceships, Pringles, and cats. I dislike fruits and vegetables, sunlight, and the motion picture Titanic. I do not own a sword, nor do I know how to draw unicorns. As you can see, I don't have much to offer the world.