Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Moving in a sim??

I've only been playing Sims 3 for 2 weeks so I'm a bit clueless still :D

The other day I had a family and the eldest daughter was engaged to a young adult from one of the pre-made families. Anyway, their relationship bar was right at the top and there was an option to get married but no option to ask him to move in?? He only moved in after I made them get married.

Is that the only way to move sims in or was there a problem?

Comments

• Options
    ZhalkZhalk Posts: 310 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Keep doing romantic things, eventually you'll get the Woohoo, Baby, and propose options

Edit : Though I fear I should warn yuo that marriage doesn't move sims in since EA broke that
  • Options
    ernesdoernesdo Posts: 1,476 Member
    edited November 2012
    You can move them in before they get married. That should be under Friendly options. If I remember correctly, you'll have to do a lot of Friendly interactions before it pops up (I don't remember if romantic interactions will help bring it up). Sorry I couldn't be more help. :roll:
  • Options
    mel_d_1992mel_d_1992 Posts: 85 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Thanks both of you!
  • Options
    Simfreak89Simfreak89 Posts: 1,656 Member
    edited November 2012
    The moving in option is under Friendly. You have to do a lot of interactions before the option comes up.

If your sims aren't living together when they get married and your sims' husband/wife doesn't move in, type in testingcheatsenabled true. Make your husband/wife come over, press shift and left click on that sim. Then choose 'add sim to household'. Then type in testingcheatsenabled false.

They normally move in together automatically when they get married, but there's bit of glitch that messes that up. It also doesn't change your spouses last name. If you want to change that, go to City Hall and choose 'change name'.

:wink: