Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lifespan Option sliders are not enabled.

:?: In the hand book that came with The Sims 3 Deluxe on page 4 at the bottom it says that I can Determine how long my sim's life will be by moving the slider to the desired number of days.
However, when I go into the Options menu at the beginning of the game, the lifespan bars are there, but I can not move them. Does anyone know why?
I have contacted support via chat twice and neither of them could assist me in the answer.

Comments

• Options
    vthiesen3vthiesen3 Posts: 3
    edited September 2011
    :!: Also, at the top of the Lifespan Option box where it says "Enable Aging" it is checked, and I can not uncheck it as it is grayed out.
  • Options
    HACKEDupSKULLZHACKEDupSKULLZ Posts: 22 New Member
    edited August 2012
    This is the exact same issue I started magically having, since yesterday (August 14, 2012) after thesims.com site performed the "scheduled maintenance". Typically, when the scheduled maintenance is performed, I turn off the game and wait until it is over. Once the scheduled maintenance is done, I have to readjust my "Lifespan" bars in the Options menu (in-game) because, for some reason, my Lifespan bars are reset to default.

However, now, I have the same exact issue as vthiesen3. My slider bars for adjusting the Lifespans of each age type as well as the check box for the "Enable Aging" are all grey/faded out to where I cannot change the options.

I clicked the "Restore Default" button to see if it would have an effect but it stayed the same. I posted on my page to see if anyone else had the issue but one person said their game was working fine.

I then contacted EA/Origin's technical support live chat (by clicking the "Help" button at the top of thesims.com site). The first person had me clear my in-game cache and it did not work. Then I was told to try uninstalling and reinstalling. This did not work either. When I contacted live support this morning, again, I was asked if I tried all the options the first person asked me to do and the end result was for me to post in this forum thread that the second tech support person directed me to.

Does anyone know what I can do to fix this issue? Thank you.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I now figured out what this issue occurred, after trying out something different, and I resolved the "problem".
  • Options
    CheeezeyCheeezey Posts: 120 Member
    edited August 2012
    FYI, you have to be in a game for those options to work. You can't be on the menu where you're choosing which game you're going to play. I think it's so you can have different lifespans/lengths on different save files.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Yes, that is what I realized, yesterday. It would be nice if my Lifespan setting didn't reset to default every time there's a scheduled maintenance, but oh well.