Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

An error has occured

I can't even start the game because "An error has occured"! I've installed, uninstalled, deleted the EA folder in documents, and everything! I can't believe that people in this forum are having so many problems with this error and the exception error (which is the error I got before when I actually COULD run the game) and they haven't fixed it yet!

I've been a big fan of The Sims since the very first one came out on the first day, so someone needs to take care of this for the devoted fans that have been around for a decade or however long it has been!

Comments

• Options
    LittleDudeManLittleDudeMan Posts: 71
    edited May 2012
    Is it an error number? That sucks either way because you can't fix it! I'm sorry :(
  • Options
    superstargoddesssuperstargoddess Posts: 16
    edited May 2012
    Is it an error number? That sucks either way because you can't fix it! I'm sorry :(

Nope, no error number or anything. A bit messed up that I can't even play the game! I bet that it would run too roughly in Parallels.
  • Options
    rainstormedrainstormed Posts: 315 Member
    edited May 2012
    Does this happen when you open the launcher and click play, or just when you open the launcher?

Have you done a clean uninstall and reinstall according to these instructions?
  • Options
    omeshkapuromeshkapur Posts: 3
    edited May 2012
    this is happening to me as well, i found that if i install the game and don't update it i can still play it, but it's a really silly solution and needs to be fixed soon!