The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is World Adventures a good EP?

I have all of the expansion packs except for World Adventures. I'm thinking about going out and getting it tomorrow. Would you say it's a good expansion pack to have, or should I skip it?

Comments

• Options
    ZeriZeri Posts: 15,073 Member
    edited January 2012
    most people will say no.

i, however, enjoy WA alot and use it often. i like the things that come with it, and i love the RPG aspects. its fun to travel and explore the dungeons, find lotsa loot and decorate my house with it.

its also a fun way to make lots of money :)

so if those things sound like fun to you, you might like it. if you hate RPGS, long load screens, or redoing the same dungeons over and over (the loot respawns tho) then you might want to avoid this one
  • Options
    SimMommy05SimMommy05 Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited January 2012
    It's one of my favorites. I love having my sims exploring tombs and fighting mummies in Egypt. I honestly haven't let my sims go to china or france much, I think I may just do that.
  • Options
    shannonlovesmacshannonlovesmac Posts: 228 New Member
    edited January 2012
    Haha ya, it seems 9 out of 10 people really aren't fond of WA :P I might try it, though I think I'm going to wait until after Showtime! Thank you :)
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,554 Member
    edited January 2012
    I use the content from it to make community lots in my base neighborhood. Community lots are boring in my towns, so they need all the help the can get. I have a nectary with all the grapes and fruits you need to make nectacr on the property. I have a simfu academy. I want to make an old abandoned mansion with treasure filled caverns underneath, but never got around to it. Lots of traps and hidden rooms.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    piddlesimpiddlesim Posts: 3,251 Member
    edited January 2012
    I actually do enjoy WA. I don't do a lot of the tomb stuff since the tombs don't reset. After a while it gets boring to take your sim through already solved tombs. They just walk through. So my sims go to the areas just to relax and have fun. I have built bars and clubs with themes for each area. That way my sims have things to do in the adventure lands.

But what I do love is all of the seeds, fruits, veggies, collectables, and fish that are added. I also love the new objects ( fortune cookie maker, nectar making, cameras, kung fu skilling... ). There are a few cute outfits and hairstyles too.
  • Options
    RomireRomire Posts: 2,418 Member
    edited January 2012
    WA is good

Romire - Australian Gamer
    An Nurodirvgent player from the land downunder.
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited January 2012
    Definitely good.
  • Options
    MinDtriKzMinDtriKz Posts: 5,441 Member
    edited January 2012
    It's up there with Pets. Adds a ton of content and even if you don't vacation often it's still worth purchasing.
  • Options
    toovivacious4utoovivacious4u Posts: 105 New Member
    edited January 2012
    I really love WA but patches from other expansions have borked much of the content. The adventure boards often stop giving adventures, the game crashes at times returning home and some people lose sims while travelling home. Some locales have spots where npcs get stuck, causing massive stuttering lag. For me, WA would not be playable without private party mods.

Do you use mods? Are you more interested in exploring tombs? Exploring tombs will probably require you to install mods. If not into exploring, the EP does offer a few really nice skills that enhance a game. You must save often when travelling. You may have to track down stuck sims and you will likely need a lot of patience to experience what this EP is meant to offer.
  • Options
    GrlEEEEgrlGrlEEEEgrl Posts: 42
    edited January 2012
    I have all of the expansion packs except for World Adventures. I'm thinking about going out and getting it tomorrow. Would you say it's a good expansion pack to have, or should I skip it?

I love the game - absolutely love it - however, it no longer works for me at all. Once you hit a certain point, the adventure board stops working and no more adventures for you. I also play on a mac, and as you know, sometimes there can be more bugs and less help with this game (such the opposite of everything else I have come to appreciate about mac - only the sims has issues).

There are a number of other issues people have experienced, but this is the only one I have had. Sadly, it suspends my ability to use the game at all. If you purchase it, don't pay full price. It is unlikely it will ever be fixed - it has been years that this bug has been around.

• Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    edited January 2012
    I love it, although, not for the adventures. They're pretty buggy with the new EP's, so is traveling for that matter. :? I love the objects, clothes and hair though. I use them in the base neighborhood all the time, then my sims don't have to travel and it gives my sims a lot more options of things to do around the town. :D
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    bmalxbmalx Posts: 5
    edited January 2012
    Even without other EPs, World Adventures is rendered unplayable for me.

Sims disappear on vacation, never to return again. Cursors vanish, leading to unplayable games.

In fact, once your saved game is corrupted, your entire game is done for.

Totally not worth the money if you ask me. Unless you really want the new items and materials and don't care about playability.
  • Options
    AltaiAltai Posts: 1,399
    edited January 2012

Noooo. Please don't waste your money on that game, It's pretty boring for a first EP, and when the trailer came out EA made the gameplay seem way better than it actually is, Like they do with almost every EP.

A better recommendation would be Late Night or Pets if you already don't have them. Or just save your money for Showtime