The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Kennels & Pet Sitters

I was just wondering if we will have Kennel lots to board our animals in? Does anyone know? and also to find out if we will possibly have animal sitters? I have World Adventures & not quite sure If animals can travel. I know when we travel, Time freezes at home. Maybe there's no need to worry about their care if they cannot go.

Comments

• Options
    KikionparasKikionparas Posts: 1,313 Member
    edited September 2011
    Well with WA if you leave your child home when you travel, a babysitter arrives anyway, even though you're only gone for the time it takes for them sims to travel home from where they appear after a vacation, so I'd assume pets should need the same?

Whether it'll be called a "Pet Sitter" or what, I don't know..
    And then if you need both a baby sitter AND a pet sitter, surely they won't send two NPCs to your house?
  • Options
    TINA180TINA180 Posts: 683 Member
    edited September 2011
    I never tried to leave the babies with a sitter when traveling, I always left an adult or teen with them. I will have to see if that works. Good Suggestion! Thanks
  • Options
    DruscyllaDruscylla Posts: 2,532 Member
    edited September 2011
    I doubt we need a sitter if our sims go to the park or whatever for our pets. Esp since we can control the pets and romp around town. Most dogs don't burn the house down making pancakes IRL and can be left alone for a few hours. Worst that happens is a surprise on the rug or some eaten shoes. Ditto for cats.

I hope we don't need a sitter every time our sim people go to work.
    meow_zpsa650c518.gif
  • Options
    TINA180TINA180 Posts: 683 Member
    edited September 2011
    Druscylla wrote:
    I doubt we need a sitter if our sims go to the park or whatever for our pets. Esp since we can control the pets and romp around town. Most dogs don't burn the house down making pancakes IRL and can be left alone for a few hours. Worst that happens is a surprise on the rug or some eaten shoes. Ditto for cats.

I hope we don't need a sitter every time our sim people go to work.

:lol: I would certainly hope we don't need sitters just for a few hours! I am just concerned about when Traveling to Egypt, France, & China. leaving for long periods of time, depending on our visa levels and rewards, vacation homes even...I would love to bring my animals to my Vacation Home, but if I can't, then it would be cool to know I can pay someone who's taken care of them. I know they are Sims & fully controllable, but surely they cannot feed themselves. :lol: So maybe time just freezes when traveling?
  • Options
    MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    edited September 2011
    I would imagine the sitter that takes care of the kids if they're left at home when you're on holiday would take care of the pets too :D And yes, time does freeze at home when you're sims aren't there, so your pets will be safe.

And I wouldn't have thought they'd need a sitter if your sim is at work. Like Druscylla said, we can control them, so I guess we can make sure they don't burn the house down :lol:
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • Options
    SNEEZYBIBISNEEZYBIBI Posts: 2 New Member
    edited December 2011
    Ok so, I went onto the computer to book a trip to see what would happen, a pop up came up and said "customs won't allow your pet to cross the border, don't worry i'll come by and take care of your pet for you"

• Options
    JoolsterJoolster Posts: 6,417 Member
    edited December 2011
    I don't really have WA but why would you want a sitter? You've got bottomless pet feeding dishes and self-cleaning litter boxes as well as steel bladder lifetime rewards for pets. That and as long as your pet has a toy box nearby I'm sure they'll be just fine on their own for a bit.

If you're trying to get a sitter for more realistic gameplay experience, why don't you make a "neighborhood pet minder" sim and either temporarily move him/her in with your pet while your sim is away or move your pet with him/her instead. Then once you're back or just before you leave, nuke a bit of the money you have to pretend you've paid for the sitters services. :]