Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have you found all the free items?

Did you know there are dozens and dozens of free items available for download in The Sims 3 Store?

Over the last few years we've been releasing items to help enhance your game at no charge! You'll find items, badges, wallpapers, a free town (Riverview with Game Registration), customization tools and more!

Thumbnail_688x336.jpg

Where to find these things?

You'll find a few things here: http://www.thesims3.com/freeStuff

And for the items, you'll have to go on a treasure hunt through the Sets Page! The reward? The free items you find!

To save you time, quite a few of the items were lovingly placed in a list by the great pegasas1993:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/456640.page

The New Year's Set just released on December 1st, so get it now! Yay Free Items!

Comments

• Options
    AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited December 2011
    Guessing this is Day 9 probably for facebook >.>
  • Options
    ZeekSliderZeekSlider Posts: 5,831 Member
    edited December 2011
    AznSensei wrote:
    Guessing this is Day 9 probably for facebook >.>
    Probably, but right now the calendar is broken again.

EDIT: And now the advent calendar has rolled back to Day 8 for mysterious reasons...

EDIT2: And Day 9 is back. It's official! AznSensei is psychic!
  • Options
    RavernaRaverna Posts: 192 Member
    edited December 2011
    To save you time, quite a few of the items were lovingly placed in a list by the great pegasas1993:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/456640.page

I noticed that SimGuruTaterTot didn't write that all items are on pegasas1993's list. Does that mean there are some new free items that are not in pegasa1993's list that we can find if we explore the items in the store?
  • Options
    JourneyGJourneyG Posts: 2,907 New Member
    edited December 2011
    Ok I will admit I did not have everything. :oops:
  • Options
    Mistywater45Mistywater45 Posts: 137 New Member
    edited December 2011
    I've already had everything, then I got excited and looked through the sets, nothing new. Though I did find a cute year of the tiger set for 100. Other then that, its another disappointing "gift"
  • Options
    Jopie58Jopie58 Posts: 545 New Member
    edited December 2011
    Another run around for nothing :cry:
    A lot on that list is not FREE at all :evil:
    You have to do something for it first, well i for one think i've done more than enough.

Buying Simgames and EP's from The Sims 1.
    I can tell you with all the unfair things that EA is doing at the moment i'm no happy simmer anymore :cry:
  • Options
    pegasas1993pegasas1993 Posts: 4,856 Member
    edited December 2011
    SimGuruTaterTot, thanks for featuring my thread. I'm honored. By the way, I'd be thankful if you could make a 'sticky' thread from it.

Sadly, I see that we don't get anything new today. At least we still have whatever we had.

Well, it'd be so awesome if EA allows us to get previous SimPoint Bundle and Pre-Order Bonuses for free as a surpries of this countdown because most of them look so beautiful. Why you should do that? I and many other Simmers weren't able to get any of them because a lot of us (including myself) can't neither purchase SimPoints and Pre-Order games in our countries. What is more, here are many customers who joined this community later than those items were available to get. I believe that most of us would like to have those items in our games. If EA does this, then at least I'll be grateful forever for such a nice gesture.

Thanks for considering my request in advance.

Jopie58, actually all items on that list are free (you needn't buy anything). Also, there were many people who asked me to combine a list of the unlockables with my list of freebies, so I did that. If you're not interested in achievements, then feel free to download completely free items which don't require anything to do in order to get them. I must admit that I put a lot of work on that thread and your comment sounds like saying that all my work were useless. What can I say? Thanks...
  • Options
    Jopie58Jopie58 Posts: 545 New Member
    edited December 2011
    Jopie58, actually all items on that list are free (you needn't buy anything). Also, there were many people who asked me to combine a list of the unlockables with my list of freebies, so I did that. If you're not interested in achievements, then feel free to download completely free items which don't require anything to do in order to get them. I must admit that I put a lot of work on that thread and your comment sounds like saying that all my work were useless. What can I say? Thanks...

I'm unpleasently surprised my comment, wich was only meant for EA and it's Simguru's, ended up hurting your feelings.
    My honest apologies. I actually have the deepest respect for all the non EA people who do so much to please their fellow simmers. Your list is very handy indeed and the work and time you put into it amazing. I mean that, my frustration and dissapointment is purely directed towards EA.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jopie58 wrote:
    I'm unpleasently surprised my comment, wich was only meant for EA and it's Simguru's, ended up hurting your feelings.
    My honest apologies. I actually have the deepest respect for all the non EA people who do so much to please their fellow simmers. Your list is very handy indeed and the work and time you put into it amazing. I mean that, my frustration and dissapointment is purely directed towards EA.

Oh! Sorry for misunderstanding... :oops: No worries about that at all and I must agree with you that today's 'surprise' is quite useless because it only states well-known fact about freebies on "The Store" and this thread gets lost after a couple of days. Well, if EA makes this or my thread as a 'sticky' thread, then today's 'announcement' would be at least a bit reasonable...
  • Options
    SimMommy05SimMommy05 Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited December 2011
    Thank you pagasas for your hard work. I hope for your sake you do get a sticky thread. Afterall, you did put time and effort into compiling a list for everyone, EA included.
  • Options
    JamelithJamelith Posts: 51 New Member
    edited December 2011
    Thank you, pegasas1993. I'm heading over to your link next to see what I can unlock. I definitely appreciate the work you've done in compiling this list.

Also I agree with what you said above. Very eloquently put. I wish I could work for Sims in customer relations. It's very frustrating when you can see just how simple it would be to NOT continually be ******* off your fan base.

Pegasas, thank you again. I think you'll find the thanks to day will be for you, your list and the work you put in on it. That is the real gift to day.

EA,
    Please in the future, take some modicum effort. It would've been nice of you to let pegasas know in advance that you would be featuring his thread. Pegasas should not have had to 'tell' you to sticky his thread. Thank you for making me aware of Pegasas' list. I appreciate it much more than the regifting of past presents.
  • Options
    maria_loves_alexmaria_loves_alex Posts: 9,054 Member
    edited December 2011
    so this was just to tell us about free items we already had/knew about? I thought they were giving us something new
    My Page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/maria_loves_alex

Follow me on the Sims 4 Gallery - ID 'MariannaSims'
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jamelith and SimMommy05, you're surely welcome and thanks :mrgreen:

Sadly, my thread didn't become a 'sticky' thread yet :roll:
  • Options
    totman123totman123 Posts: 2
    edited December 2011
    javascript:emoticon(':mrgreen:');
  • Options
    BenateliBenateli Posts: 1
    edited December 2011
    Umm...to be honest I'm still new to Sims 3 and I actually got some free stuff that I completely overlooked. So no complaints here. Thanks.
  • Options
    Thelma101Thelma101 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    PaisleyPinkPaisleyPink Posts: 421 Member
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for the list Pegasas! So many times I've tried to download the JC Penny clothes and you gave me instructions! I don't think I could've found that download button without your help!