Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Oh the irony!

I've been waiting for months to play generations and pets and as soon as I have them all installed and ready to play with all my mods and cc, my sister kicks my computer and breaks it.

It's going to cost alot to fix it, so it's probably going to be a long time before I can play again.

Fill my sims needs by posting pictures and stories about your games? :)

Comments

• Options
    DuckypantsDuckypants Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited December 2011
    wow... I hope she didn't do it on purpose. That would be really mean
  • Options
    Mistywater45Mistywater45 Posts: 137 New Member
    edited December 2011
    Nah. The wires inside it were very fragile and she kicked the charger and it yanked it out of the port, and it wont charge now. Plus the battery has to be replaced anyways cause that's almost dead.

Anyways to keep this sims related, i see your avatar is a horse, so you like pets then?
  • Options
    JHBrownJHBrown Posts: 566 Member
    edited December 2011
    On the bright side, it's now a perfect time to spend with family and friends. To many Simmers get caught up in the virtual world and forget about the important one.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's true. (Enters sob story about how bad family life is)
  • Options
    NotSoLuckyNotSoLucky Posts: 4,682 Member
    edited December 2011
    ^ thats okay. Friends are a close second. Or if you're me, they're a close first.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, This is true too.

Thank you.
  • Options
    Emi1yEmi1y Posts: 134 New Member
    edited December 2011
    Hey Misty, I don't know if its any help, but you can probably buy a new computer cheaper than fixing your old one. Ebay or Craigslist for used ones, or even QVC or HSN for a new one if you want to do payments. Or maybe you can find a cheap computer repair person on Craigslist? Just some ideas, I don't think I could survive long without my computer. :shock:

Anyway I posted a super adorable picture of Mr.Gnome in another thread, who strangely came *inside* my sim's house and plopped himself on top of the vanity in front of the mirror and made a hilarious and adorable pose. It was so cute because it was so random.

Right now I'm playing a sim named Vivienne.

s6odo5.jpg

Initially I created her with the idea that she would go around marrying sims, each one wealthier than the next, to build massive wealth without cheats. 8) It was fun for a while but eventually it felt mean, especially after her last marriage where she divorced her husband for no reason and kicked him and his kid out of their house. :oops: And now when they both happen to be at the same party, its obvious he's still very much in love with her. (Awww!) :cry: Anyway now that she's amassed tons of money from gardening (oh, and being the head of an evil empire in her spare time) I'm just working on building a beautiful garden for her backyard and finishing decorating the house.

1zvbgbp.jpg
    Gardening helps her ignore her regrets of the past. ;)

24pz5tj.jpg
    Picking potatoes!

23lip74.jpg
    My first bridge attempt. I decided I like the exaggerated arch I created on accident and went with it.

I think eventually she's going to settle down and have a kid or two so I'm adding a couple kids' rooms and an upper deck overlooking the pond, a pool eventually and I'm not sure what else. The third floor of her house is filled with animal cages, not sure how to disburse those or if I'll just make a room for them, because i'd like to find/collect more animals.

Right now downloading more minutiae for the bathroom ;) and a bunch of holiday decorations from TSR. Fun! Can't wait to install them.

Anyway, I hope you get your comp fixed soon. =)
  • Options
    Rainywill5Rainywill5 Posts: 663 Member
    edited December 2011
    Emi1y, i adore your sims house, specailly that little garden shed and the bridge absolutly cute as a button
  • Options
    VamPandaVamPanda Posts: 6,226 New Member
    edited December 2011
    Emi1y your sims garden and home is adorable!!! Im loving the little garden shed with the heart shapped window, oooh its so cute!!! I want one xD
  • Options
    BlyssciaBlysscia Posts: 3,771 Member
    edited December 2011
    @Mistywater45- That's a bummer.
    I'm guessing your sister is too young to have a computer.
    If she did, I'd be guilting her into letting me use it for sims in the mean time. :lol:

@Emi1y- Interesting story!
    Vivienne's garden looks great.
    I'd love to see inside the house.
  • Options
    bob007bob007 Posts: 10,062 Member
    edited December 2011
    I have had several laptops with power plug issues. If the power adapter is still good then the plug in the laptop is bad. There may (probably) even be damage the the print board it's attached to. If the laptop is over 18 months old (and I think it is as you say the battery won't hold a charge anymore), repair of that laptop may exceed the worth. Example the last HP laptop motherboard I bought was $450 - add a battery (don't buy Ebay cheap ones - got about 6 months out of it), say $50 plus labor you might as well buy a new laptop. btw - that HP laptop died again about a year later.
    I do not work for EA nor do I have any association with EA. I am a gamer helping other gamers.
  • Options
    Emi1yEmi1y Posts: 134 New Member
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for the compliments! Most of my decorations are Cashcraft's... the little garden house is Cashcraft and most of the furniture and decor below is hers also. She's a talented lady. Downloaded it from TSR. =)

Here are some pictures of the inside of the house:

1674bk0.jpg
    Front entrance

2848p.jpg
    Front hallway view from piano room

s4paw4.jpg
    Dining room

25pn5hw.jpg
    Kitchen

erctig.jpg
    Kitchen (pardon the rotting food in fridge) ;)

mvm44w.jpg
    Living room

1pjw2c.jpg
    Little sitting room next to garage door entrance

10op408.jpg
    My sim's bedroom ... doorway leading to a death plummet is intended to lead to a large deck overlooking the pond. ;)

24uxb9z.jpg
    Bathroom attached to master bedroom

2cpc0vl.jpg
    Pond view

11a8zm0.jpg
    Front walkway

9q8qw0.jpg
    Overview of the backyard garden

It's unfinished, still have lots to decorate, but its mapped out for the most part. =) A big annoyance on this house is the double fence, the wooden fence is on the town lot and is completely un-editable. My sim is a celebrity and the paparazzi are beyond annoying and will enter your house uninvited (for whatever reason) if left unchecked, so I had no choice but to put up a double fence. =( Tried everything to get rid of that wooden fence and just finally gave up. I tried moving the lot around but didn't like it anywhere else. I wanted this lot because it was inexpensive, had the best view and it already had the pond on the property. So, double fence it is. lol
  • Options
    mdmwhitemdmwhite Posts: 1,750 Member
    edited December 2011
    I just found out today that parents can play with the teddy bears with their children. I thought that was pretty neat.

Screenshot-4-1.jpg"width=600"
  • Options
    DuckypantsDuckypants Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited December 2011
    Nah. The wires inside it were very fragile and she kicked the charger and it yanked it out of the port, and it wont charge now. Plus the battery has to be replaced anyways cause that's almost dead.

Anyways to keep this sims related, i see your avatar is a horse, so you like pets then?

yeah thats one of the foals I got out of the 50 foal challenge I'm doing. And OMG that house is beautiful! I wish I could decorate like that! (in real life too, lol) my sim houses are never quite what I want them to be. Great job on it to whomever made it.