Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is the Sims 3 Treasure Hunt?

I'm just curious what this is because it says "complete the tasks and get a reward" on the sims launcher. I clicked it but it took me to a 404 page. Anyone know what this is? Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    ThisSIMisCrazedThisSIMisCrazed Posts: 3,719 Member
    edited November 2011
    http://www.thesims3.com/community/treasureHunt

They just want you to spend more money for a *chance* to win a prize.
  • Options
    mickykoo11mickykoo11 Posts: 587 Member
    edited November 2011
    You should be able to see it now, but I think the treasure hunt is absolutely ridiculous. You have to buy a sims point bundle and a store item to get the reward. :x It would be cheaper to just buy the reward.
  • Options
    ShinrikyoShinrikyo Posts: 2,142 Member
    edited November 2011
    Oh, I see. That sounds kinda lame...Thanks for clarifying though guys! :)
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    No problem!
  • Options
    StilettoBlackStilettoBlack Posts: 3,844 Member
    edited November 2011
    I'm very curious to know what the prize is. Maybe it would be worth it. :lol:
  • Options
    SweetfaceSweetface Posts: 628 New Member
    edited November 2011
    Bummer :( I thought it sounded eerily like my "Plumbob Points" idea. Well, an OLD idea...from about a year ago. The punchline is, I thought we would be doing a treasure hunt, in game to get a prize...booooo!
  • Options
    NathanNowellNathanNowell Posts: 933 Member
    edited November 2011
    I'm planning on doing the treasure hunt but right now I just read it and it said you'll have a chance to win an "exclusive prize". Does that mean if I do every step for the treasure hunt, I'll still get the treasure hunt prize which is the two bikes, the badge, and Bayside bathroom stuff, or is that the exclusive prize I'll have a chance to win? Can someone please tell me because if the exclusive prize is the treasure hunt prize, I'm not gonna do this cuz then it's like your not getting anything. I'm really confused...
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Sweetface wrote:
    I thought we would be doing a treasure hunt, in game to get a prize...booooo!

Now THAT would be cool!
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    I know huh? That's why I was kind of excited when I read it, on the front page here...oh well. Time to make another "suggestion" haha!
  • Options
    leggokatzleggokatz Posts: 1,822 Member
    edited November 2011
    It's just another way for EA to take your money and run lol... There is a sticky on the top of this forum that says everyone who finishes will get a prize...
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    A sweet bene? Perhaps...haha! Prolly just a virtual pat on the back lol!
  • Options
    turistas9turistas9 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited November 2011
    probably not worth it.
  • Options
    TPB01TPB01 Posts: 1,978 New Member
    edited November 2011
    mickykoo11 wrote:
    You should be able to see it now, but I think the treasure hunt is absolutely ridiculous. You have to buy a sims point bundle and a store item to get the reward. :x It would be cheaper to just buy the reward.

Bingo, you win the prize! A simpler promotion would be just buy one item, get another like item free.
  • Options
    MinDtriKzMinDtriKz Posts: 5,441 Member
    edited February 2012
    Treshaw! Need more treshaw threads
  • Options
    extremeasaurextremeasaur Posts: 2,701 Member
    edited February 2012
    you win a bed, a chair that won't stain, a TV a side table and something else, but everyone wins if they complete the non-in-game treasure hunt.

Why can't I just go to the store and buy the darn stuff? I hate this marketing nonsense.
  • Options
    AzhurelAzhurel Posts: 2
    edited July 2013
    I think the reward is a expansion pack