Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is a new patch forthcoming?

My game is completely up to date and I keep checking for another patch that will fix the various things that are broken with Generations. Has EA even mentioned they are working on a new patch or is this something we're expected to live with?

Comments

• Options
    StumbleduckStumbleduck Posts: 751 New Member
    edited June 2011
    People are assuming that based on past experience, we should be getting another patch.
    However EA hasn't said squat about it so.. for now we live with these horrible glitchs, and game debilitating crashes.

I suspect however that with town life coming out soon, the patch will be in/with town life just like there was a patch in/with generations
  • Options
    julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,178 Member
    edited June 2011
    There should be a patch on the way but as usual lately EA have decided not to give out any information about if they are actually doing one or what they are hoping to fix . Customer feedback is seriously not one of their priorities as they have our money and seemingly thats all that matters to them
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    edited June 2011
    Customer service isn't something EA does very well along with proper testing of there products.

WA is still screwed up so don't hold your breath on a fix real soon plus there working on that Facebook crap.
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited June 2011
    I really hope there's another patch before the new stuff pack comes out cause the stuff-pack patch will probably not fix anything. They are usually just for making the base game compatible with the pack.

Usually we get one 4-6 weeks after the EP comes out but if that's the case now, is unclear.

If there is one, don't expect it to fix the game corruption that is going on. They might fix a few of the more obvious bugs but the game corruption part seems very complicated.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    LadyInBlackLadyInBlack Posts: 117 Member
    edited June 2011
    Thanks to you all for passing on your knowledge. I come to the forums a lot hoping to hear something about it but, of course, I've seen nothing. I'll keep my fingers crossed that EA is on the case.
  • Options
    ladynaavaladynaava Posts: 1,243 New Member
    edited June 2011
    chances are you won't get a patch until the new stuff pack comes out. they usually only bother to make them prior to the release of the next big thing.