Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help? Teen problem.

Can anyone help? My household has 3 teens. The eldest son, his now real imaginary friend, and his younger brother. The younger brother only recently became a teen and he is away living at boarding school. The two others are at home.

The elder two have prom and everytime the limo turns up so does the younger brother! He's back living in the household and I can't send him back to boarding school!

Comments

• Options
    momsoccerteammomsoccerteam Posts: 531 Member
    edited June 2011
    I don't know if it's going to the prom that is causing a lot of problems, I ended up having to delete my game because of a prom glitch, that's what it sounds like.

There are alot of ppl here that can help you, I myslef got fustrated so deleting was easist for me, good luck!

:wink:
  • Options
    PadfootsxPalPadfootsxPal Posts: 84 Member
    edited June 2011
    Thank you. Its a shame that new stuff always comes with problems.

At this point if there was a way to send him back to school, a cheat or something, may just be handy.
  • Options
    CuddlyBunCuddlyBun Posts: 6,514 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Use "moveobjects on" and delete him in Buy/Build mode. It will force him back. :)
  • Options
    LadyInBlackLadyInBlack Posts: 117 Member
    edited June 2011
    I've had the prom glitch as well as glitches with boarding school. I tried everything I knew, including clearing all the cache files, attempting to use the backup and ended up deleteing both games, which nearly killed me. :( I was on my third generation in both games.

It's been amazing the number of ways this EP has found to either become corrupt or find a terminal glitch however, I do think I've found a bit of a work around, if you can call it that. Before I do virtually anything big, such as sending a child to boarding school, before proms and other such glitchy events, I "save as" and title the game something like, "before boarding school". That way I can always go back to the saved game and hopefully avoid the glitch by changing the game play, such as not sending my child to boarding school or whatever. It's a major pain and a shame to resort to such measures. I do hope a patch is forthcoming!
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Thank you CuddlyBun I'll try that.

And thank you LadyInBlack. Yes, the problems it's creating is crazy, such a shame. I saved before prom but get the problem everytime. Fingers crossed for that patch.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Thank you very much again CuddlyBun I just tried it and it worked! :D