Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

imaginary friends at what age and how do you do it

Hi I was wondering at what age can the child have an imaginary friend and also how do you get them to have a imaginary friend

Comments

• Options
    hayley619hayley619 Posts: 174
    edited June 2011
    when the baby is born, you should get a doll in the mailbox a few days after. when the sim becomes a toddler, make sure he/she plays with the doll a lot. when the toddler becomes a child, keep playing with it and you should get a message saying "*dolls name* wants to come out to play" (or look around. something along those lines. i can't remember!) take the doll out of the inventory and place somewhere, like the childs bedroom and it should spin around and become full size.

oh and if you use cheats to age the sim, it still works :)

mine did go walkies for a few days when my sim was a toddler but it came back
  • Options
    SianystarSianystar Posts: 1,515 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Just to say, you don't always get the doll, it happens at random :)
  • Options
    LadyInBlackLadyInBlack Posts: 117 Member
    edited June 2011
    Just a word of caution. If you have Late Night you'll be victim to the rumor mill and loss of friends if you marry and woohoo with your IF years after it's been turned real. My poor sim found it almost impossible remaining friends with his parents, his wife and child due to the accursed celebrity/rumor debacle. Other than his family, he died friendless. :( Their child also inherited some of the IF abilities. She still has the option to turn into toy form and can strut so I assume she'll be considered an "occult" too.

One other thing that occurs to me which might be of help to you. I think you always have the option of naming it from the minute you receive it. It's an option on the pie menu when you click on the doll. I've never had to wait for the opportunity to name it.