Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Making Game Play Less Irritating

I love the memories however, the constant opening of windows to either upload the memory or delete it is, with one sim, distracting. With a family, it's beyond irritating.

I would like to suggest that the message in the blue box should contain three buttons with the following options:

Facebook
The Sims 3
Delete

Doing so would only require one click of the mouse and gameplay could progress instead of being frozen while extra windows are open.

Another aspect of the game that seems an unnecessary irritation is the celebrity aspect. Making it optional would give the player the ability to decide whether to use it or not. If this is impossible, I think it would make sense to limit the consequences of rumors and accusations against children. Neither they, nor their parents, can sue on their behalf. Since there is no real remedy, it's unnecessarily punitive.

Thank you for your consideration. :)

Comments

• Options
    DanibleeDaniblee Posts: 2,429 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I agree with everything you said.
  • Options
    CouriervaughanCouriervaughan Posts: 20,570 Member
    edited June 2011
    good ideas
  • Options
    LadyInBlackLadyInBlack Posts: 117 Member
    edited June 2011
    Hey, Couriervaughan! I'm from near Branson, Mo! We're relatively next door neighbors. :P
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Hey, Couriervaughan! I'm from near Branson, Mo! We're relatively next door neighbors. :P

How is weather in Branson.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    It's so hot the hens are layin' hard-boiled eggs but the water is just right for swimming!

Hope the flood waters have gone down there in St. Joe.
  • Options
    ladynaavaladynaava Posts: 1,243 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I support this. In my opinion memories should come with a disable feature. Especially since the 'memories' are purely cosmetic and have no gameplay consequences.

Also, memories cause save game files to bloat and games to slowdown. Who needs it?
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    It's so hot the hens are layin' hard-boiled eggs but the water is just right for swimming!

Hope the flood waters have gone down there in St. Joe.

No they have not and we have alot of rain last several days.
  • Options
    xAngel0JackxxAngel0Jackx Posts: 77 New Member
    edited June 2011
    You do know that you could just click the x button when the memories come out in the corner of the screen?
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,543 Member
    edited June 2011
    You do know that you could just click the x button when the memories come out in the corner of the screen?

Even better, you can go into Options and turn off memory notifications under General Settings. :)
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited June 2011
    Do you know the old expression: "Be careful what you wish for, you might just get it?"

How many times did we see posts on this forum asking EA to bring back the memories from The Sims 2 because people missed them?

Well, they're baaaack...now, don't you folks who wanted memories wish you hadn't gottent them?

Let that be a lesson to you. I delete the memories of all the family members I play if I don't have any particular use for them or they don't fit my story line.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    JerryNarutoUzJerryNarutoUz Posts: 652 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    Do you know the old expression: "Be careful what you wish for, you might just get it?"

How many times did we see posts on this forum asking EA to bring back the memories from The Sims 2 because people missed them?

Well, they're baaaack...now, don't you folks who wanted memories wish you hadn't gottent them?

Let that be a lesson to you. I delete the memories of all the family members I play if I don't have any particular use for them or they don't fit my story line.

Most of things from sims 2, MUST stay on sims 2, I think it is actually a Fail the memory stuff, and I've never asked for it :(
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    CK213 wrote:

Even better, you can go into Options and turn off memory notifications under General Settings. :)

As I had earlier stated, I love the memories even though they don't have any real game play consequence. I like being able to look back through my sims history and remember from whence they came. I don't want to turn them off nor do I want to clog up their scrapbooks with those things which are repetitive or not a true high point. What I do want is to be able to easily select whether the memory is deleted or shared without interrupting game play.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,543 Member
    edited June 2011
    CK213 wrote:

As I had earlier stated, I love the memories even though they don't have any real game play consequence. I like being able to look back through my sims history and remember from whence they came. I don't want to turn them off nor do I want to clog up their scrapbooks with those things which are repetitive or not a true high point. What I do want is to be able to easily select whether the memory is deleted or shared without interrupting game play.

That's what turning off notifications does.
    It does not turn off memories. It turns off the pop-up notifications.

I'm not having that much issue with the systems. Notifications are turned off so I'm not bombarded with interruptions and at the end of the day I look through memories and delete what I don't want. I wish some things weren't recorded because they are too insignificant. We didn't even have the option to delete memories in TS2.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    edited June 2011
    I agree that gameplay is frustrating with s3. It's gotten me over my addiction, I can't remember the last time I played the game. I'm assuming that memories are an add-on with generations, haven't added the ep so I can't comment on them.

Really, what I'd like to see is a way for users to tweak Story progression, and I'm not talking about a third party mod. For instance users can determine whether SP can move families out of the neighborhood or different houses, or marry them off, have kids, etc. I'd also like to see a first party way that users could rule their sim's lives without entering their house, for instance, I could pull up a screen and select two sims to get married or have kids without having to change families.

Besides that I wish there was an ingame way of deleting clothes. I got frustrated with fact that I could never delete broken CC from my game with going stark raving mad. Half the time it got in my game without my consent, and once it was in there it was there to stay.

This just the tip of my iceberg with my frustrations with s3, but on the bright side, I have discovered that the real world really isn't that bad.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    CK213 wrote:
    CK213 wrote:

That's what turning off notifications does.
    It does not turn off memories. It turns off the pop-up notifications.

I'm not having that much issue with the systems. Notifications are turned off so I'm not bombarded with interruptions and at the end of the day I look through memories and delete what I don't want. I wish some things weren't recorded because they are too insignificant. We didn't even have the option to delete memories in TS2.

I will give that a try. :)
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    AthenaOnyx wrote:
    I agree that gameplay is frustrating with s3. It's gotten me over my addiction, I can't remember the last time I played the game. I'm assuming that memories are an add-on with generations, haven't added the ep so I can't comment on them.

Really, what I'd like to see is a way for users to tweak Story progression, and I'm not talking about a third party mod. For instance users can determine whether SP can move families out of the neighborhood or different houses, or marry them off, have kids, etc. I'd also like to see a first party way that users could rule their sim's lives without entering their house, for instance, I could pull up a screen and select two sims to get married or have kids without having to change families.

Besides that I wish there was an ingame way of deleting clothes. I got frustrated with fact that I could never delete broken CC from my game with going stark raving mad. Half the time it got in my game without my consent, and once it was in there it was there to stay.

This just the tip of my iceberg with my frustrations with s3, but on the bright side, I have discovered that the real world really isn't that bad.

You've got a lot of great ideas. I hope the developers are listening. My gameplay between Sims 2 and 3 has changed tremendously. I used to hop around between families but due to some of the restrictions of the Sims 3, that's not really feasable. It would be nice, having the ability to direct the lives of other families in the game so we could get some of our old gameplay back. :P

I've not had that much trouble deleting clothing from the Sims 3 as I can do it via the launcher IF I can find them listed there. Some of them are simply ghastly! :D

The bugs and glitches absolutely suck! I bought WA and can no longer use that with Generations and every so often, I have to start a completely new game after hours and hours of play simply because the game has gone corrupt as well as the backup.

It would seem to me that EA would surely realize that people play the game to have fun, not to kill time. If there comes a point where it takes too much time and effort away from my life, I'll no longer play it. As for now, I'm still hooked but not nearly as over the moon about the game as I once was.