The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Criminal Career Path Missing!

Ever since I had my law enforcement sim serve a search warrant at the Criminal headquarters, the criminal career path will not work. I can't apply for a job except through the newspaper/computer, and then when it' time to go to work the carpool comes and after my sims get in the car they are immediately booted out to stand on the sidewalk. What's happening and how can I reset it?
My origin name is AStrangePuppy

Comments

• Options
    HappyHaunt1000HappyHaunt1000 Posts: 1,088 Member
    edited June 2009
    help....
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    help again????
  • Options
    mzpink98mzpink98 Posts: 555 Member
    edited June 2009
    Maybe try to start a new game. Then if it is in a different save file it should work...
  • Options
    Mistletoe143Mistletoe143 Posts: 2,803 Member
    edited June 2009
    I hope this works...

Go into "edit town" view, and into build mode for the criminal warehouse lot. Then, delete the building, and replace it with the criminal warehouse building found in the community objects section under the build mode.

Maybe doing that will reset the lot, and you won't have to start again.

Take care. :)
  • Options
    malajnmalajn Posts: 3 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I ran into the same problem, and I couldn't get my sim to get at job in the criminal career either. Very annoying since my sim's lifelong wish was to get to level 10 in the criminal career.. :x
    / M
  • Options
    ToffeeandApplesToffeeandApples Posts: 241 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Shame, it's my fave career :D
  • Options
    MarlockieMarlockie Posts: 288 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Ever since I had my law enforcement sim serve a search warrant at the Criminal headquarters, the criminal career path will not work. I can't apply for a job except through the newspaper/computer, and then when it' time to go to work the carpool comes and after my sims get in the car they are immediately booted out to stand on the sidewalk. What's happening and how can I reset it?

The Criminal Headquarters probly took it to heart when you came with a search Warrent.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Thanks all I am going to try removing it and placing a new building. Then I'll never serve a search warrant again.
  • Options
    toovivacious4utoovivacious4u Posts: 105 New Member
    edited June 2009
    The Mad Scientist opportunity to Challenge Dr. Iniquitous rendered my criminal building useless also. I deleted it and plunked down the basic bin crime building. I am skipping all opportunities to that building now.