Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does Create a World no longer work?

CharlieBleuCharlieBleu Posts: 177 Member
I see stuff about it, but everytime I try to download it, it does nothing at all. It doesn't show that is or was downloaded. Has it been disabled?
RuYd9i4.jpg

This is all I ever get.
Feel free to add me to your Sims 3 friend list! I'm DMCharlie2017

Comments

• Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    Unfortunately in order to use Create-A-World, you have to have a pre-2012 disc. What the EA App did was completely annihilate the "Edit in Game" feature of Create-A-World, which I don't believe that EA is planning on fixing at any time. So the only choice that we have is to locate a pre-2012 disc so that we can access the feature.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/EA-App-Sims-3-Create-a-World-Edit-in-game-doesn-t-work/m-p/12326766 - Unfortunately for some the only answer that they could do was get a pre-2012 disc and track and hunt down all the disc versions of the TS3 EPs & SPs...which is probably going to be my next task after locating a pre-2012 disc.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    edited September 2023
    @CharlieBleu : You have to be logged in to be able to download it. Also, you might have to try a different browser and if blocked from downloading (I think Edge complains about it), enable it by right clicking and choosing "keep download."

@Nikkei_Simmer Over the summer, EA reenabled EIG for a few months but then again, as of this month, EIG was crippled. So, I would tell everyone to wait awhile to see if it's reinstated again.
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    I'd personally rather not have to wait for "sporadic" access. I think I'll go the disc route.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    CharlieBleuCharlieBleu Posts: 177 Member
    I did find a video on how to fix my issue. I have Sims 3 in Steam so that was blocking it, plus the one on the EA site is no good anymore.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9dwSDlCjjA
    Feel free to add me to your Sims 3 friend list! I'm DMCharlie2017
  • Options
    simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 613 Member
    EIG can also work if you crack your computer to run Origin instead, but the popup-page to download CAW from the Sims 3 site is just fully broken.
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • Options
    MiataPlayMiataPlay Posts: 6,097 Member
    Than you.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    EIG can also work if you crack your computer to run Origin instead, but the popup-page to download CAW from the Sims 3 site is just fully broken.

Hi :)
    That's weird, I just downloaded it from the TS3 page after reading this. :(
  • Options
    KarilynMonroe2KarilynMonroe2 Posts: 1,463 Member
    Create a world works but you cannot use the Edit in game function. Its very inconvenient but its still possible to build and edit a world. Honestly the Edit in Game mode was always buggy and often would crash.
    Build your world, export it into you game, then build your lots in game and save them to your library. Once you get your world how you want it, you'll need to place all your lots in game, and make a save file.
  • Options
    texanskytexansky Posts: 1,347 Member
    If you have a disk only install upgraded to version 1.67, EIG still works with CAW. You just have to be careful not to install Origin when it asks you. If you do, it will upgrade you to 1.69 which immediately forces you to install the EA App, and you will have to start all over.