Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lost ALL my Sims 3 games!!!

ArilyBooArilyBoo Posts: 346 Member
EA Games basically stole my money.

For some reason I had two different EA Game accounts. I had purchased The Entire Sims 3 Collection on one account and mistakenly made purchases on the other account. I had noticed EA Games was offering the ability to merge accounts and so I submitted a ticket to have this done. Initially I was told The Sims 3 is "sunset" and I "might" lose data in the cloud (like sims 3 store content and progress), however it's less likely that I'd lose any games. I told them to go ahead with the merge. Now days later none of the games have transferred so I resume my ticket and let them know. I'm now told The Sims 3 games will not transfer due to being "sunset" and my account (the one with the entire Sims 3 collection) is going to be deactivated so I'm losing all the games I've paid for. I tried to argue that it doesn't make sense that The Sims 3 is a "sunset" when it's literally still for sale on EA Store and Steam at FULL PRICE! I asked if they could just add the games to my account when they deactivated the old account and they said no. I asked them to then just let me keep both accounts. They informed me that it's too late for that and they cannot undo a merge even though NOTHING was merged. No games transferred!
I don't know what to do, I'm losing all the games I've paid for and they won't help me at all. They are just being money hungry. What are they expecting? That I repurchase everything? Because I won't! I've already bought them all! I need help! Over $340 according to current prices. Ridiculous!
Post edited by ArilyBoo on

Comments

• Options
    Update: It has been corrected.
  • Options
    KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Awesome, glad to see EA did the right thing for you. :)
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    @ArilyBoo - as @KevinL5275 - Likewise. It's great to see that the problem has been corrected.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    Thank you! I'm just happy to have my Sims 3 back! I did lose other games but The Sims 3 is all I really cared about.
  • Options
    simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 613 Member
    I'm glad your game is saved!!!

I still recommend you file a complaint with the BBB, though. That was horrendous what they put you through!
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • Options
    I'm glad your game is saved!!!

I still recommend you file a complaint with the BBB, though. That was horrendous what they put you through!

If I didn't get my games back I would have. I'm just going to let the lion be.