Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which worlds have the most stable weather across seasons?

I'm not sure if somewhere (like a wiki) tells us what the weather is in each world..

What I'm wondering today is what world or worlds have the most stable weather across all seasons?
I'm still trying to find the right lifespan settings for me and seasons across a year is one of the hardest things to fit. Though university length comes in a close second, especially with mod issues lately.

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Not sure what you mean by stable weather across all seasons but if you mean with little changes then Oasis springs and Mt Komorebi snow peak have quite stable weather.
  • Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    Thanks crocobaura. That is what I mean. Fewer changes so that it might be any time of year at any given time...
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    Definitely Oasis Springs. Strangerville also has fewer changes in weather than other worlds.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    A second question, on the topic of the weather. Is there a way to 'stabilize' or even 'sync' the weather in Copperdale with a location like Oasis Springs. I'd just hate to be playing in the hot climate and have my Sims bus to school to find it snowing there...
  • Options
    The seasons are synchronized but they manifest differently depending on location. From what I've noticed in my game, weather tends to follow my sims around, when moving from neighbourhood to neighbourhood. If it rains somewhere then it will rain in the next neighbourhood, if it snows it will snow there too. I have seen snowing in Oasis Springs, but it doesn't accumulate on the ground. I took my sim to Oasis Springs to escape a blizzard and the blizzard followed her. You could possible use the weather machine to create whatever weather you want, but not sure how it works as I've never used it in my game. But I wouldn't worry too much about the different weather, you could pretend that Copperdale is higher up on the mountain and it snows there.
  • Options
    CaerfinonCaerfinon Posts: 633 Member
    edited March 10
    I use the Sul Sul Weather App mod by LittleMsSam so that I can check the weather of another world before going there. It actually creates a 12 hour buff for the conditions of the of the weather forecast for the other world and then it changes the weather to those conditions when you get there.

If I don't like the current weather I have in the world I'm in then I can use MCCC at the mailbox to change the current weather to something more preferable.

For mods that change world weather patterns you could use;
    • Weather Realism Overhaul and Better Seasonal Changes, both by No12
    • Improved Weather Variety for Worlds by Peterskywalker
    • Arctic and True Desert Weather by Indilwen - for worlds always hot or always cold

Post edited by Caerfinon on
    Cheers
    C.
    Traits: 🐶Dog Lover, 🎨Creative, 😑Loner
    Social Media: 🐘@caerfinon@mastodon.social | My Stories: 🤷🏻🐕 Simmer Tales a comic look at Sims 4 | 🌐A Sim's Life - Comic observations
    My CC: 🎨 Jac related CAS and Build CC | 🖼️ Film Noir Wall Decorations | 👩🎨Pauline King Art
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited March 11
    Weather in Tartosa is pretty stable, its just always gloomy/stormy :joy:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    monjr8302monjr8302 Posts: 257 Member
    Sulani has pretty stable weather
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    monjr8302 wrote: »
    Sulani has pretty stable weather

Sulani is probably the most 'stable' for weather.

Although Oasis Springs may seen stable, it can get really bad heat-waves.

After Sulani, then probably Salvadorada, then Strangerville.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    HermioneSimsHermioneSims Posts: 792 Member
    I'm the only one who gets a momsoon after the other in Sulani during fall? :s
    2if86miljyb3.png
    You can follow the Legacy Miller from my blog and the forum thread, *Chapter 8.18 posted on the 23th of April 2024*
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    I got so tired of rain in some worlds, I just turned rain off for the moment. I know it's a bit silly but I am enjoying riding with horses better when there is no rain at all. I plan to turn it back on when I am switching to less outdoorsy gameplay.
  • Options
    I'm the only one who gets a momsoon after the other in Sulani during fall? :s

Sulani has dry season and rainy season. :smile:
  • Options
    FraTacFraTac Posts: 854 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Weather in Tartosa is pretty stable, its just always gloomy/stormy :joy:

Yeah, at first I loved the world because it's a scenario similar to where I live, but I was soon disappointed with how cloudy/rainy it always was.
    xWGF2yb.png
    Simmin' since 2000
  • Options
    monjr8302monjr8302 Posts: 257 Member
    @FraTac do you use a skin mod? How are your sims' toes so pronounce?! LOL
  • Options
    FraTacFraTac Posts: 854 Member
    edited March 18
    @monjr8302 haha yes! I use Necrodog's HD feet v5, I hate how blocky the Maxis ones are and replaced them. I believe he made like 10 variants of them, so you can choose the ones you like best. :D

Also, be aware that he also creates some weird sci-fi/horror stuff for TS4, just in case you find that triggering.
    xWGF2yb.png
    Simmin' since 2000