Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Packs will you combine with Crystal Creations?

Obviously the clothing looks like Realm of Magic, and you can sell the jewelry in Get to Work, and feel all archeological in Jungle Adventures.

But what unique combo are you planning to play?

A club from Get Together that meet up in Sulani and cut gems all day?

Selling your designs at the Flea Market in City Living, or the Marketplace in Eco Lifestyle?

Combing jewelled pieces with clothes from Get Famous and Vintage Glamour and taking fashion photos with Moschino?

Or using a piece in your proposal from My Wedding Stories and then making it a family heirloom in Growing Together?

Comments

• Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I'm thinking Get to Work with Vampires, Realm of Magic, Werewolves, Paranormal & Strangerville. :p;)
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I already have a shop that sells crystals, maybe I will update it to include metals too. It's designed to look a bit like a jewelry store, on a lot with other shops as well, but I'm thinking of building it on it's own separate lot now that it's more useful. Would have been nice if sims could order certain designs be made for them if they provided the stones and the metals. I'll probably have more ideas once I know more about how the pack works and what's possible to do with them.
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 848 Member
    I don't play with occults, so until I actually get the pack and see what all can actually be done with it I'm probably going to have my sim have jewelry making as a hobby and probably set aside an area in my bridal shop to sell engagement rings.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    Journey to Batuu. Gotta make use of those crystals that aren't good enough to go into lightsabers. And also, not every force sensitive sim is a Jedi, some minor talents may just have a knack for gemology.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    edited February 25
    Journey to Batuu. Gotta make use of those crystals that aren't good enough to go into lightsabers. And also, not every force sensitive sim is a Jedi, some minor talents may just have a knack for gemology.
    Interesting concept. I have a character I made for Batuu, unfortunately I found out that she can’t take her dog there, so I haven’t actually played her, or even made her home yet. I sure wish a sim could live in Batuu ( with animals ) ( without cheats ). But, I have been trying to think which sims I want to do jewelry making. And my Batuu sim might just be one of the ones to give that skill. I still haven’t found quite even where I want to put her. I’d like to have her in a steam punk world, but my mostly realistic play has not found a place for her yet. Yeah, now I want a steam punk world….obviously where sims CAN LIVE.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    edited February 26
    I have an Irish couple in Henford on Bagley that has chickens, a cow, and a hunting dog. They also have a fishing pond and greenhouse, he is also a level 10 in handiness skill and has a work bench. They are pretty much a Jack of all trades ( well many anyway ) I have been planning on setting up a store for them in downtown HOB to share their wares, since I don’t have many retail stores, and they collect things from Sulani, he makes furniture, and can upgrade things like Murphy beds ( which means they are actually useable….. lol ). And I believe I will give he or his wife the crystal/jewelry making skill. Many packs have already come into use with this couple ( various produce from many packs ). Island living for collections and fishing, cat’s and dogs with their hunting dog, they also have a dumpster from Eco Living. She crochets ( nifty knitting ), and of course the animals from cottage living. So, crystal creations will be another added to that. I use clothes and build buy from all packs though, and have all packs and kits up to For Rent. I haven’t bought anything after For Rent and won’t till they fix it.
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    edited February 25
    My good vampire (Vampires) who lives in Glimmerbrook (ROM) will marry a jewellery maker. She will have a retail store (GTW) in Copperdale (HSY). I'm thinking she might sell flowers (Seasons) as well. They also have chickens (CoL) and goats (HR).
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Paranormal, Jungle Adventure, and Seasons, to name a few. I'm imagining a household of regular sims who can talk to and summon the dead, cast curses through ancient artefacts, manipulate others' emotions with scented flower bouquets, change the weather, and create jewellery with magical properties, but without any actual magic despite displaying all signs of being occults. Should be fun!
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,040 Member
    I rarely think about which pack I'm playing, at least not with the packs that offer general gameplay like growing together or seasons. Obviously jewelry stores where I hope there will be options to make those NPC-run stores, so you can set it up using debug and not have to make every jewelry I want to sell (it's one of the things that bug me endlessly with the nectar making). Equally obvious a piece of jewelry might become a family heirloom (if it fits the story, characters and if it can be stored easily) and if it makes sense someone might very well propose with a ring they made themselves. Knowing me, however, it might take some time before I get that far. There are still so many features I haven't tried out in so many different packs that I have enough to keep me busy for a while.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    I haven't thought about specific packs. My answer would be somewhat similar to @musteni with a combination of several elements from various DLC. Different packs but too much to single out a specific pack as a pack combination.

Theme wise I think the new pack goes well with
    - Realm of magic (magic effects of charged jewels),
    - werewolves (influence of the moon),
    - jungle adventure (finding crystals on the road and cutting gems on the archeology table),
    - paranormal (the general vibe of the trailer)
    - nifty knitting (plopsy and both SP about making items sims can wear)
    - get to work (open a shop)
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Yes. All of them. Because I don't separate my play by packs either. :wink:
  • Options
    ValravnWitchValravnWitch Posts: 91 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Yes. All of them. Because I don't separate my play by packs either. :wink:

Same.

Obviously I'll start with one of my witches taking up the new skill, it will be L.Faba as soon as she finally moves in with her boyfriend (Harvald), she cant be a sage anymore anyway so a new venture is welcome.

Also her boyfriend lives on a lot with "vulcanic activity" which will become very handy for gathering crystals ;)
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I combine everything together. I do think this pack actually goes with Growing Together and San Sequoia. I do not play a lot with occults so I don't plan to do that but I would play with jewelry-making. It's possible that a few quirky sims would try out the mood effects. I would have sims wear custom jewelry as well.

I do have the haunted house from the Paranormal pack in Strangerville in game but I don't play it as paranormal. I haven't played that household in a while but I moved in a sim named Antoinette Guidry who is a great-granddaughter of Guidry the ghost. She buys the haunted house to reconnect with her ancestor. It's a sweet story rather than creepy. At some point, I can play her again. I actually think I shared her on the gallery.

Jewelry-wearing is for any sims in the game. I might have a few jewelry makers. There are also a few criminals drifting around looking for trouble. (I play with a lot of different characters with different personalities, mostly good and a few not-so-good).
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I don't think about what packs I am using as use a variety of things from all the packs. Right now I am starting/setting up a game with humans and all the occults and do have a witch who will be making the jewelry. I have a potion/spellcaster shop that I can add the jewelry to for an occult who wants to do retail. I also have a witch in mind who wants to have a baby with Grim. That necklace to summon him will really come in handy! I will probably use the jewelry making as a hobby for many of my sims who enjoy collecting crystals. If I have a jewelry store without the special effects, my spellcasters can buy a piece of jewelry and use the disc to perform the "magic" to add the special effects. Looking forward to playing this new stuff pack!
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,608 Member
    I definitely will start one little jewelry shop using Get To Work, in Moonwood Mill from Werewolves, and add custom jewelry to all my retail shops. I also want to use the Plopsy feature to sell designs without a storefront from the knitting pack if possible. Custom engagement rings at wedding parties in My Wedding Stories, and I plan on planting those magical trees in fantasy world that most match it like Glimmerbrook, Forgotten Hollow, Moonwood Mill, ...
    All the occults would want to gain strength from the powers when crystals are worn. Also going to make a jewelry making studio above the bubble tea, where some can come and custom order (or make) or than get it on plopsy. I really also want to use little Miss Sam's Live In Business somewhere, so it's a home studio and shop.
    I still don't know why one would summon the Grim Reaper.
  • Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 718 Member
    There are also a few criminals drifting around looking for trouble. (I play with a lot of different characters with different personalities, mostly good and a few not-so-good).

What an interesting idea to combine criminals with the gems and jewelry!
  • Options
    LeucosiaX wrote: »
    I definitely will start one little jewelry shop using Get To Work, in Moonwood Mill from Werewolves, and add custom jewelry to all my retail shops. I also want to use the Plopsy feature to sell designs without a storefront from the knitting pack if possible. Custom engagement rings at wedding parties in My Wedding Stories, and I plan on planting those magical trees in fantasy world that most match it like Glimmerbrook, Forgotten Hollow, Moonwood Mill, ...
    All the occults would want to gain strength from the powers when crystals are worn. Also going to make a jewelry making studio above the bubble tea, where some can come and custom order (or make) or than get it on plopsy. I really also want to use little Miss Sam's Live In Business somewhere, so it's a home studio and shop.

I like this use of Moonwood Mill. I picked it up in one of the sales but I haven't used that location yet. Running a store there is an interesting idea.
  • Options
    There are also a few criminals drifting around looking for trouble. (I play with a lot of different characters with different personalities, mostly good and a few not-so-good).

What an interesting idea to combine criminals with the gems and jewelry!

Thanks! It would be wrong to guess that most of my sims are like that but I would say I have 3 official criminals/villains in a large amount of characters. They can cause changes in the game. I definitely do not play with a criminal underworld style at all but I look for gameplay and personalities that clash to create action if I'm not just playing some happy family churning along. If everything is constantly smooth then nothing happens. The villains would absolutely take off with jewelry. (I am not nor do I want to be a villain).

You could also have a game of searching for a lost piece of jewelry which I think is something that this pack would make easier. Family pieces could pass down through generations. I'm sure they thought of all of that.
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,608 Member
    LeucosiaX wrote: »

I like this use of Moonwood Mill. I picked it up in one of the sales but I haven't used that location yet. Running a store there is an interesting idea.
    The world has so much personality-
    only problem is the world it so small. I relocated the library to the smallest lot(cutting out the gym aspect. Either convert it to a live/ work loft art studio where she makes her jewelry or make a small store 1ft floor with apartment upstairs. I havent decided yet. I will see what looks like it fits. I will make a vintage jewelery shop on the same lot of the bakery in Willows creek on that main street area. It just occured to me when writing this. Most likely fits with the apartments upstairs and the urban setting.
    Can't wait!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Maybe My Wedding Stories since you can now make wedding rings and give them to Sims.
  • Options
    BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    I guess the Jungle Adventure might be needed for making jewelries. The archaeology table is from that game pack.
  • Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 718 Member
    For as long as I do not have a light or pulsating cart, I can play. I got hit hard by the body distortion bug and lost my Supersim save. I am starting over and trying to play with just features that are not bugged. I don't dare wear any jewelry that I make. I guess I will focus on making gems, though, and learning where to find crystals, and all the possible cross-pack play options. I think we have so many bugs because of all the cross-pack play options. I expect to find more bugs. I think it best that I mostly just experiment and play test right now.

I downloaded The Old Werehouse my lilsimsie. I am mostly just customizing it and playtesting it right now.

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/891C78C03A8E4B08A4AC9D116A1341C3?category=lots&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=lilsimsie&max=50&maxis=false

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-v6DkpSQ0k

Another interesting Moonwood Mills build that might be interesting for cross-pack play with CrCr is Gryphi's CyberPunk Tiny House. It is designed to be placed on the smaller lot and the one above is designed to play on the larger empty lot, so they can be used together.

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/6481E93E3ADF46B8926CCD4874AB9C97?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=gryphi&max=50&maxis=false

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ga4MwnsPfOY

Before I lost my Supersim save to distortion, I visited Sixam, and got some nice metals and crystals there. I didn't do as well in the other hidden worlds. I guess next I would like to try and go camping and see what turns up there. And as mentioned above, go to Jungle Adventures.