Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So the rent events are just purely random? (minor spoilers)

As far as I can tell, things like lease break and tenant revolt have nothing to do with apartment conditions, rent, stats, or anything else, but are just one of many random drama nodes that are mixed in with electrical failures, infestations, etc. In other words, if you have events turned on, your tenants will revolt and break their lease from time to time no matter how well you treat them. And treating them worse probably does nothing to increase the odds, either. I think all the stars do is adjust how much rent you can charge. I hope I'm wrong, but looking at how they're programmed to happen I don't see any other possibility. Kind of a lame and lazy way to approach it.

Comments

• Options
    ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
    ...and possibly totally random eviction fines. Just got nailed for $500 for unlawful eviction, even though I only have one tenant who just broke their lease and split. I think I've only modded off about 20 or so aspects of this mess.
  • Options
    TheFlyingGentlemanTheFlyingGentleman Posts: 116 Member
    Yup, totally random.
  • Options
    WndblwzWndblwz Posts: 368 Member
    Random and also broken. (See Bugs Forum) Even with events turned off, they continue to happen which is so frustrating.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 7,011 Member
    Yeah, I figured when they fix For Rent and I get back in the game, I will turn off events. From what others say, they make no sense.
  • Options
    Just remembered: Apparently the Pet Adoption Drive is triggered by complimenting the landlord on rental condition. (Super weird)
  • Options
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Yeah, I figured when they fix For Rent and I get back in the game, I will turn off events. From what others say, they make no sense.

I think the turn off events option is broken. I've had it off since the pack's release and the events still occur.
  • Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 711 Member
    Wndblwz wrote: »
    SheriSim57 wrote: »

I think the turn off events option is broken. I've had it off since the pack's release and the events still occur.

It is broken. Here is the bug report on AHQ: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-FR-Tenant-Events-still-happen-when-Rental-Unit-Events-are/td-p/13316432