Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

(My Sim just died) ..continue anyway? UPDATING

NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
Yep, me again!! ;)

Natasha and Ryan are the result of years of a hopping type of playing and I was just getting into a truly awesome groove with them when for no real reason Natasha just came home from work and immediately dropped dead of a "cardiac explosion". (okay, so she had the high maintance trait, but still )

Normally my Sims are either single (so this isn't an option) or I would go back to a previous save. This time I am thinking of taking the "no quitting without saving" advice and just soldiering on. After all, my Sims have never made ambrosia, or learnt the spellcaster thing to bring them back from death (are there other ways?? ) Ryan doesn't realise he's a spellcaster yet but this might be a good time? (Of course it'll take ages with either of those proposed routes).

So, yeah...
Post edited by NRowe on

(My Sim just died) ..continue anyway? UPDATING 33 votes

Yep, continue anyway, play Tasha as a ghost and bring her back (the hard way..)
81%
crocobaurabandit5Strangerthansimgirl1010DevSims91greydonnDaraviSweetieWright_84pammiechickcynciesillyangel0906RedDestiny92EnkiSchmidtStarfreemustenidreamprisonerAtreya33Gordyhaisinnetney52 27 votes
Go back to the save before she died
18%
GalacticGalrudolphaxoJessifruitsbasket101LoriTSpSERVERFRA 6 votes
Start over entirely (on option, just because...)
0%

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    You can get ambrosia from the gallery.
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    If it were me I would try to go back to a previous save. If that wasn't an option I would start over.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,656 Member
    Having a ghost in the mix can be entertaining, and you’ve got some strong in-story motivation for your spellcaster to work his way up to being able to restore her to life. If that changes things too much for you, like @crocobaura says, you can get things back to normal by getting ambrosia from the gallery.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Continue playing without her
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    I second the Ambrosia from the gallery suggestion. Choose a download in a real pricey room, so that it hurts the household funds. In-story the ambrosia gets sold to Ryan by a sage and he now is obligated to visit the Magic Realm and explore his powers.
  • Options
    edited February 2
    Research shows me the Wishing Well is also a method of bringing a ghost Sim back to life...

Or, yeah, leaning now towards a sort of short-cut to ambrosia (I don't want him to have to max both cooking skills for example...) but thinking of purchasing death flower in magic realm, fishing for the angelfish and then possibly "borrowing" a Sim some way and somehow with the requisite skills to make the actual dish...
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    I think playing the story where you bring her ghost back to life could be fun. I would either go for the wishing well or ambrosia from the gallery. I even have a magic shop (retail lot) on the gallery under my user ID where you can buy a plate.
  • Options
    edited February 2
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I even have a magic shop (retail lot) on the gallery under my user ID where you can buy a plate.

Your magic shops look gorgeous. I may use them and see which option the story takes...
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    YES! Ryan now has motivation to study spellcasting in earnest and learn the Dedeathify spell!

Bonus, if Dedeathify fails then he might become a ghost too :) (without actually dying)
  • Options
    ZazzyKittynZazzyKittyn Posts: 371 Member
    Have Ryan go in the writing career
    There is the book of life that can be used to bring a sim back to life
    Or have Ryan run into the parent that is spellcaster and have them tell Ryan about having powers he needs to learn explore that can bring Natasha back to life as long as he wishes to acknowledge these powers or he can lose them and will have to explore other options to bring Natasha back
  • Options
    So Far:

Ryan is acquaintances with Grace. Turning to the bottle in his sorrow, he’s hitting the bar one night and invited Grace along for a drink. They have a talk. She commiserates with his grief.

Next thing, Grace (autonomous game mechanic) invites Ryan to the “dueling grounds”. Bibbidi bobiddi boo and Ryan is gazing wide eyed at a magic realm. Numbly following Grace to the dueling grounds where she promptly knocks him on his rear in a magical flash. An aggravated “What was that..” sort of moment and Grace supposedly explains Ryan’s previously unrecognised magical abilities and the kick start she just gave him.

Before returning home, Ryan manages to introduce himself to the sage Morgyn Ember. He also wanders to the retail area where he obtains his first wand and broom.

Thinking it could have all been a crazy dream, Ryan is positively startled to wake up and find the bone wand in his hand.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    awesome :)
  • Options
    edited February 3
    And Then:

Ryan studied magic. Practicing alone and training with the sages (Morgyn and L). Got him to acolyte level and read the tome for necrocall. That was when Tasha came back as a ghost anyway. So, a joyous reunion woohoo, breakfast, a small (very small) tweak to their relationship level with MCCC and Natasha the ghost is back in the active household.

The pair take a trip to a park Ryan visited on his journeys in Glimmerbrook which happens to contain a special hot springs, gathering circle and a magical wishing well. Natasha offers the well 1000 and wishes desperately for life.

Unfortunately the well only gave her an angelfish

So, a trip to the magic realm. A visit to the vendor and a small ‘kaching’ later (they were low on funds) and Ryan presents Tasha with a death flower. Abracadabra and a potion of youth is obtained (legit from Natasha’s rewards).

Now I just need to temporarily add a household member with full cooking skills. Not sure who yet.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    All I can say is I tried to have my Sim (Erik Cantrell) soldier on after he lost both his only sister and her husband in the very same evening, Erik's very first Charity Event, mind you. But that left Uncle Erik in charge of their Toddler, twin sons. His girlfriend du jour was little to no help at all. The kids refused to eat, and she decided on her own to bring one of the boys home from Daycare and that freaked Erik out. Things went from bad to worse and I was totally convinced Social Services would be at his door any minute. Suffer me to say, I abandoned that aspect of the save and rolled back to prevent the death by emotion. (But at least I finally experienced it, right.)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Ambrosia is so interesting to make. And it's fun trying to get the ghost even to eat it.

I think you might like the challenge. The spellcaster way seems long and arduous tho...
    iTvMKZ8.jpg