Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to get a ghost back to her beloved family?

Well...Becca Clarke had a potluck event in her apartment (she lives in the new world that came with For Rent) and invited all her neighbors, and the event went fab. Becca reached golden status and everyone was very happy about it. Including the unfortunate Lien Sadya, who was so happy/hysterical that she died very dead. Becca did try to plead with Mr. Grim but nope.

So now Becca has a nice golden looking urn on top of her bookcase and the Grim Reaper watching her tv. She also has no idea what to do with Lien's remains.

Now I do not want to loose this Sim to the netherworld but I also don't want her tied to Becca for all eternity so what can Becca do to return the urn back upstairs so Lien can live her...well undead life with her beloved family?

Now I know that I can make the ghost playable by moving her in with Becca (either with cheats or no cheat) and then have her move back in with her family but I like to have her unplayable for a little while and come out of her urn in her family home before I decide what to do with her. Either make her playable and maybe later have her come back to life or release her spirit to the netherworld and have her husband move on.

So I was wondering if I could have Becca visit upstairs with the urn and leave it there somewhere? I mean, is the urn considered Becca's property? Or does the property of the urn go to the household where the urn is left and have that household be able to decide what to do with the remains? Maybe able to put the urn in their inventory and move her to a graveyard?

I have only left urns on community lots like the generic ones where I have a graveyards, never on residental lots.

Comments

• Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,345 Member
    With Seasons installed try moving the urn into Becca's inventory and see if you can gift it to Lien's family.

Otherwise move in a townie with Becca, put the urn into the townie's inventory, move the townie in with Lien's family and put the urn on the lot. Then you can move the townie back to their original household. For this approach use a townie from a household with several sims, so that no money gets added to Becca accidently.
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,185 Member
    With Seasons installed try moving the urn into Becca's inventory and see if you can gift it to Lien's family.

Otherwise move in a townie with Becca, put the urn into the townie's inventory, move the townie in with Lien's family and put the urn on the lot. Then you can move the townie back to their original household. For this approach use a townie from a household with several sims, so that no money gets added to Becca accidently.

This is actually a great idea and I will use it next time maybe.

But before reading this I did risk it, and after saving (so I could revert the save just incase) I put the urn in Becca's inventory and visited the upstairs neighbors and put the urn on a table and after consoling the father of the deceased she went back home. Then I started to play the upstairs neighbors and the urn was there and the family can put the urn into their personal inventory and it belongs to them and can interact as normal with the urn. So that does work. And I am so happy about that but sooo sad about her death. I have never played this household but seeing her dad, her kid and her husband crying and being sad really rips my heart strings.

I do have MCcc now so I am thinking of having her miraculously come back to life for them.
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,185 Member
    edited January 20
    Addendum: I just added her to her family household via invite by her husband or now the former husband because apparently the wedding vows don't survive past the afterlife, and I realized that her now former husband is ticked off with her, because she flirted so hard with one of the guests at the potluck, that the romance bar opened up between them two, and Alon views that as her having been unfaithful and cheated on him with this guy. I can't even. She even has the Loyal trait! The Sims are better than any soap any day!
    Post edited by Stina1701A on