Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patches and cc

Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,442 Member
I recently started to use some cc furniture, a bed and upper kitchen cabinets to be exact. I know I have to check and update mods with a patch. But what about cc? Do you have to update cc with every patch?
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    For most patches, cc should be completely fine. After major updates, it has broken before (ex. beds, mirrors, and 3d eyelashes) but I think the most recent patches are fine for cc. CC breaking is rare. The best thing to do would be to check AHQ or discord for updates after a patch.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-and-Mod-CC-Issues/bd-p/the-sims-4-game-issues-mods-en
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,334 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I recently started to use some cc furniture, a bed and upper kitchen cabinets to be exact. I know I have to check and update mods with a patch. But what about cc? Do you have to update cc with every patch?

An excellent question.

Generally, no. CC is what it is. If it ever does 'break', then it should just be deleted. Mostly it is just re-colouring of objects and clothing. Though some more advanced CC can be made with new meshes that could break over time as the game is updated and changed.

If a CC object does break, it won't mess up your game. Only that particular object is broken and may as well be deleted.

I recommend keeping your CC folders and files organized so that it's not to difficult to find and delete a broken item. Try not to have more than one sub-folder under "Mods" though because then it can actually end up slowing down the game. I literally have thousands of CC stuff so learned the hard way over time to be more careful on organizing it.

Another tip, if you do move a file under the Mods folder, even in a sub-folder, the game will look for it when it boots up so that doesn't mess up things. Just redoes the cache. Though you may want to delete the cache after doing so if it's a large amount of files. Remember that when the game has to rebuild the cache, it will be slow while loading it all up. But, once loaded and the cache is built, loading and playing the game will be much faster. That's what the cache is for. ;)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    I want to clarify that the examples of cc breaking that I gave where when entire categories of cc broke, not just one object.

When all cc beds and chairs broke, modders issued batch fixes that allowed for all the broken cc files to be fixed at once. Everything did not need to be re-download or deleted. Just one program to fix them all. But this kind of cc apocalypse is rare and cc files can be moved from the mods folders (or not), a new save can be played in the interim, and the broken cc can hopefully be fixed when the batch fix comes out.

You seem to have very little cc, so I wouldn't really worry about it.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,442 Member
    haneul wrote: »
    I want to clarify that the examples of cc breaking that I gave where when entire categories of cc broke, not just one object.

When all cc beds and chairs broke, modders issued batch fixes that allowed for all the broken cc files to be fixed at once. Everything did not need to be re-download or deleted. Just one program to fix them all. But this kind of cc apocalypse is rare and cc files can be moved from the mods folders (or not), a new save can be played in the interim, and the broken cc can hopefully be fixed when the batch fix comes out.

You seem to have very little cc, so I wouldn't really worry about it.

Thanks. So unless I read reports of all items of 1 sort, for example beds, breaking, I should be fine. Good to know.

@Admiral8Q I generally only go one subfolder so I should be fine. I will be clearing the cache file again just to be safe.
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,639 Member
    edited December 2023
    the faces of my sims in the child life stage have be seriously distorted with the last update. I checked the list and can not find which file it is. 53402016751_3c931505b2_k.jpgScreenshot 2023-12-16 at 4.11.16 PM by leucosia x, on Flickr
  • Options
    Renate82Renate82 Posts: 2 New Member
    Script mods are the ones that will need to be updated after patches & new packs. Things like MC Command Center, a career mod or user interface mod. Usually, the creators are pretty quick about updating their mods so you just have to download & install the new version.