Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

FRIDAY HIGHLIGHTS SEPTEMBER 22ND - A WEEK ON THE SIMS FORUMS

EA_SolaireEA_Solaire Posts: 1,398 EA Community Manager
Sul sul my lovelies!

Another Friday, another week closer to Halloween! Fall is finally here, the leaves are changing, the days are getting shorter, and the air is getting colder. Have you done any fun seasonal activities yet, like apple picking, wandering in a corn maze or visiting a pumpkin patch? I want to hear everything!

Let's see what we can discover with this week's highlights...

vs0tqn2oilsh.png
June has become Snow White, posted here, by @Belalucina

• I've been watching a bit too much HGTV lately, so let's start our week with this extensive and impressive gameplay challenge, Xtreme Fixer Upper Farm Challenge, written by @Streicher. Your main goal is to renovate and upgrade a rundown and abandoned Windenburg farm, and eventually create a successful and sustainable homestead for you and your family to flourish. There are multiple phases to this challenge, like pest control, landscaping, and appliance upgrading, and each phase has it's own specific set of rules and timelines for completion. This challenge is a true labor of love, so if you've been looking for something lengthy and difficult to try, this is the perfect challenge for you! 🚧👷🏻‍♀️
  • And how about a challenge for our Sims 3 players? With fall finally upon us, what better way to celebrate than with an autumn fashion photoshoot challenge started by @PalmArrow. The challenge is simple - set up a photoshoot for your Sims with an autumn fashion theme using only the color wheel, and show off your screenshots 🍂🍁 Creativity is key here, so grab those pumpkin spice lattes, throw on your best chunky oversized sweater and your favorite scarf, and show us what you've got!
  • This week for our featured build, we've got this beautiful tribute and simply striking Sapphire Laundry Room created by @mrsr99tso. Laundry rooms are one of my favorite things to decorate in a home, and this one is an absolute dream - from the open layout, to the lovely lattice windows, and the dazzling shades of blue. I could easily spend my entire Saturday here folding clothes 🧺💙 If you love doing laundry as much as I do (or even if you don't) be sure to check this room out!
  • The Sims is full of endless possibilities, and while it seems infeasible to complete everything available in the game, it may be easier than it sounds, thanks to the fantastically in-depth Gameplay Completion Checklist in this discussion started by @miklc. You can track completion of all skills, aspirations, jobs, and even death types 😳☠️ So which items on this checklist have you never done? Are you working towards the over-achiever achievement by completing all aspirations? Or is your Sim a jack of all trades with all maxed out skills? If you're looking for something new to try in your game that you've never done, or aiming for full Sims completion, you'll want to check this handy tracker out!
  • With last week's thrilling announcement of the newest stuff pack, which will be the first stuff pack in over 2 years (Paranormal is top tier though, really) let's finish this week off with the Home Chef Hustle official countdown thread by @catloverplayer - and we are only 6 days away! I'm already obsessed with those pizza earrings and the new cabinets and counters, and I can't wait to start running a stroopwafel stand 🥞🥞🥞 So what are you most excited about? Are you looking forward to the new kitchen appliances, the new CAS items, or all the mouthwatering new recipes? If you'll be opening your own street food stand, what do you plan on serving? Share with us what you're most excited for as we anxiously await for next week!

And that'll be all for this week! As always, stay safe everyone, have a wonderful weekend, and happy Simming 💚
Till next time!

EA_Solaire
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,929 Member
    Congrats @Belalucina and everyone mentioned! :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    @mrsr99tso so sorry to hear about your mom. What a lovely tribute to her. 💚

Congrats to all mentioned and have a wonderful weekend.
  • Options
    BelalucinaBelalucina Posts: 843 Member
    Thank you! <3

Congrats to all mentioned. :)
    Just in case no one has told you today, you are loved. <3
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    Congratulations, everyone. @EA_Solaire I have to say that when we were in North Carolina briefly, this past August, I did get a chance to pick apples for the very first time in my life. :) Wasn't quite Fall, yet, but we can't always choose the timing.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    mrsr99tsomrsr99tso Posts: 219 Member
    @EA_Solaire Thank you so much for mentioning my tribute to my mom. This means so much to me. <3

• Options
    @simgirl1010 Thank you so much, I appreciate it.
  • Options
    Lixy_170Lixy_170 Posts: 94 Member
    Congrats to everyone mentioned! 🌟

🥞🥞🥞
    @EA_Solaire

☝️ I'm so excited about everything!😋 Especially the kitchen appliances! I can't wait to build my next new kitchen, my favourite place in the house!!! 🤗😍
    Have a great weekend and happy simming everyone! 🌺

• Options
    MrPlumbobMrPlumbob Posts: 332 Member
    Congrats to everyone mentioned!
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,856 Member
    @mrsr99tso I'm sorry for your loss. My mother passed away two years ago, August 30th, and I know your pain. I saw your laundry room before I read the text and my first thought was the same, I wish I had something like that. It's a lovely build and your mother's influence is in every detail.❤️

Congrats to everyone who received a mention!🙂
  • Options
    @DaniRose2143 Thank you so much for your kind words. I know you understand what I'm feeling right now. It's hard. I appreciate your kindness and I'm glad you liked the laundry room.
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,608 Member
    EA_Solaire wrote: »
    Sul sul my lovelies!

Another Friday, another week closer to Halloween! Fall is finally here, the leaves are changing, the days are getting shorter, and the air is getting colder. Have you done any fun seasonal activities yet, like apple picking, wandering in a corn maze or visiting a pumpkin patch? I want to hear everything!

Let's see what we can discover with this week's highlights...

vs0tqn2oilsh.png
    June has become Snow White, posted here, by @Belalucina

• I've been watching a bit too much HGTV lately, so let's start our week with this extensive and impressive gameplay challenge, Xtreme Fixer Upper Farm Challenge, written by @Streicher. Your main goal is to renovate and upgrade a rundown and abandoned Windenburg farm, and eventually create a successful and sustainable homestead for you and your family to flourish. There are multiple phases to this challenge, like pest control, landscaping, and appliance upgrading, and each phase has it's own specific set of rules and timelines for completion. This challenge is a true labor of love, so if you've been looking for something lengthy and difficult to try, this is the perfect challenge for you! 🚧👷🏻‍♀️
    • And how about a challenge for our Sims 3 players? With fall finally upon us, what better way to celebrate than with an autumn fashion photoshoot challenge started by @PalmArrow. The challenge is simple - set up a photoshoot for your Sims with an autumn fashion theme using only the color wheel, and show off your screenshots 🍂🍁 Creativity is key here, so grab those pumpkin spice lattes, throw on your best chunky oversized sweater and your favorite scarf, and show us what you've got!
    • This week for our featured build, we've got this beautiful tribute and simply striking Sapphire Laundry Room created by @mrsr99tso. Laundry rooms are one of my favorite things to decorate in a home, and this one is an absolute dream - from the open layout, to the lovely lattice windows, and the dazzling shades of blue. I could easily spend my entire Saturday here folding clothes 🧺💙 If you love doing laundry as much as I do (or even if you don't) be sure to check this room out!
    • The Sims is full of endless possibilities, and while it seems infeasible to complete everything available in the game, it may be easier than it sounds, thanks to the fantastically in-depth Gameplay Completion Checklist in this discussion started by @miklc. You can track completion of all skills, aspirations, jobs, and even death types 😳☠️ So which items on this checklist have you never done? Are you working towards the over-achiever achievement by completing all aspirations? Or is your Sim a jack of all trades with all maxed out skills? If you're looking for something new to try in your game that you've never done, or aiming for full Sims completion, you'll want to check this handy tracker out!
    • With last week's thrilling announcement of the newest stuff pack, which will be the first stuff pack in over 2 years (Paranormal is top tier though, really) let's finish this week off with the Home Chef Hustle official countdown thread by @catloverplayer - and we are only 6 days away! I'm already obsessed with those pizza earrings and the new cabinets and counters, and I can't wait to start running a stroopwafel stand 🥞🥞🥞 So what are you most excited about? Are you looking forward to the new kitchen appliances, the new CAS items, or all the mouthwatering new recipes? If you'll be opening your own street food stand, what do you plan on serving? Share with us what you're most excited for as we anxiously await for next week!

And that'll be all for this week! As always, stay safe everyone, have a wonderful weekend, and happy Simming 💚
    Till next time!

EA_Solaire

@EA_Solaire Stroopwafels are quite possibly my favorite cookies- which I only ever experience the street stand and discovered them when I stayed in Amsterdam. So yeah, I can't wait!

Congratulations to all those mentioned.

heartfelt hug to @mrsr99tso - that's a beautiful build and inspiration for a room.

Heartfelt all to those who have lost and mourning a loved one.