Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

when free will is off, it should be OFF, no more AI interactions with infants please!

Ever since the infant update, sims interact with their infants even when free will is off. I know sims are supposed to do bare minimum on their own to keep themselves from dying when free will is off, but they shouldn't be constantly putting their infant in the crib and etc. And when free will is on, what the player directs the sim to do should be more important than autonomous AI interactions.

I know y'all probably had good intentions of not wanting to support child neglect, but it makes it difficult to even play the game when sims don't do what you tell them to do. And now turning free will off doesn't even work because random AI interaction that baby didn't even really need takes priority over everything. Social services is in the game, let it take the baby away if I neglect my child! Please re-tune the sim autonomy, and let free will really be OFF when I turn it off. I like to do time management with my household on my terms and I don't want my sims disobeying me.

Comments

• Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,458 Member
    That...really doesn't make sense why they would design it like that. They want to force all players to have helicopter parent Sims? What happened to playing our own way? Isn't that what the autonomy toggle is for? Are deviant players no longer allowed to play for laughs anymore?

Hello, EA? It's just a game, it's not real. I promise, no pixelated babies will cause world suffering if you allow players to tell stories of parental neglect. You all have already put a safety net in place to prevent death for certain age groups and neglect brings social workers, so what are you afraid of? These choices should not be taken away from us. If that's how it's going to be moving forward, you might as well just make a linear MMO and call the death of the series.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    birdonawirebirdonawire Posts: 400 Member
    I completely agree. It's driving me insane.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited April 2023
    Have to agree here. It's already annoying that sims do certain autonomous things anyway with free will off. I was at a party getting my dance on and my gang members from the club I had made a while ago came and started sabotaging the place and fighting. That was great I'm all for the action but I was trying to record a video of sims in my household dancing together and everytime I got them in place they would all leave to either witness a fight or be invited to go play ping pong. And I'm like I DIDN'T ORDER YOU TO DO THAT.😭 LOL. But this kept happening over and over. I had to kick club members out and delete ping pong table. But there are other autonomous actions i feel like they should not do if you have it off. I never play with it on because I need to manage lol .The new infant stuff bakes the cake. 😆
    Autonomous actions seem to be increasing. And I don't "think" it's a bug. Seems to be by design.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Im going to give them the benefit of the doubt this once and say that this is probably yet another bug. A bug that I hope gets fixed very very soon! I have sims that for storytelling purposes are not good parents in the slightest, yet its difficult to do that when they are just glued to their infant 24/7. Im honestly ready to find a mod that will address this.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,966 Member
    edited April 2023
    Yeah I've always played my sims autonomy off and I hate when sims suddenly gain autonomy out of nowhere and won't take my dang commands

especially annoying with infants cause sims will just keep placing them in crib or down or on playmat when all you wanted to do was simple interaction and it only gets more jumbled when the infant actually needs something and all the sims in household start fighting over whos doing it
    instead of any of them actually doing the thing

also don't get me started on autonomous celebrity worship,

randomized townies becoming celebrities on their own

and sims putting themselves into your sims conversations uninvited when they're on a freaking date

actually a thought I wonder if having whole neighborhood possessed would help since it limits the interactions the sim can perform hmmmm
    *starts planting motherplants all over the town*
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 552 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    actually a thought I wonder if having whole neighborhood possessed would help since it limits the interactions the sim can perform hmmmm

I've never understood simmers who say that you can't live in Strangerville because everybody's possessed. That's just the local color. Some people want to be judgemental.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    Eleri wrote: »

I've never understood simmers who say that you can't live in Strangerville because everybody's possessed. That's just the local color. Some people want to be judgemental.

Haha, honestly though I have a couple sims living there and it’s fine? You occasionally see 3 possessed NPCs walking around but they’re just funny.
  • Options
    JustinB113 wrote: »
    Eleri wrote: »

Haha, honestly though I have a couple sims living there and it’s fine? You occasionally see 3 possessed NPCs walking around but they’re just funny.

Yea the amount of possessed sims are barely noticible. I actually wish there was a way to make hordes of possessed sims surrounding my house 😩🤣
  • Options
    SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    Im going to give them the benefit of the doubt this once and say that this is probably yet another bug. A bug that I hope gets fixed very very soon! I have sims that for storytelling purposes are not good parents in the slightest, yet its difficult to do that when they are just glued to their infant 24/7. Im honestly ready to find a mod that will address this.

Are there any mods out yet that fix this?
  • Options
    Sheepiling wrote: »

https://modthesims.info/d/677236/no-more-checking-on-crying-babies-toddlers-or-infants.html
  • Options
    SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    Sheepiling wrote: »

https://modthesims.info/d/677236/no-more-checking-on-crying-babies-toddlers-or-infants.html

Thank you so much!