Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Growing Together decent pack, but really need those likes and dislikes in base game.

So, after having some time to play and delve more into the pack, I found the pack entertaining.

Definitely works a lot in being full circle for family play more than anything, but also adding more things so a sims life in being more organic. Though I do wonder why at least things like involved in CAS weren't added in the base game update?

Can understand Milestones as it seems like a prominent feature for the pack, though just utelizing more of the base game ones should have been all right. (First Fire, Bladder Failure, Married, Divorced, Baby born/adopted, Had a fight, Made an enemy, Widowed, Energy Failure, Fell in Love etc.) Don't even have to add the ones for infants and the like, just having it in base game would help it feel a lot more rounded as it's been something people been waiting for with having sims more in-depth.

Why I thought it was a weird choice to not have Sims having conversation topics of what they like and dislike. Fine if you leave Sim Characteristics out, but Sims socialize a lot especially NPC's that you don't want butting into your conversations. Having them like and dislike a conversation definitely fleshes them out a great deal and not having to rely on traits. Game has made a lot of improvements over the years, but not on sims directly much.

Can customize them any kind of way along with being diverse, but what's the point if they're so shallow in vanilla gameplay? Call me meh with it.

TLDR;
Conversation Topics should have been added to base game along with the basegame milestones.

And on another note add the changing table that has the BASE GAME swatches match with the base game furniture. Weird take not to as it seems like it should have been.
5vJrxmT.png

Comments

• Options
    FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    edited March 2023
    The infant changing table having swatches to match base game furniture but being locked into Growing Together is really quite cheeky.

I have all the packs (minus one GP and a couple of Kits) on PC but occasionally I like to play on my PS5. That’s when I notice certain things are not part of base game and it totally throws me off. Once you’ve experienced “all the things” it’s hard to play without them.

I agree with you that they could’ve limited the Milestones to what Sims accomplish in base game and made it available for all. But I’m someone who thinks all the world and character systems should be base game: the fame system, the Eco pollution system, lifestyles…

And I still have no idea why Odd Jobs are only available if you own Island Living.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Future wrote: »
    The infant changing table having swatches to match base game furniture but being locked into Growing Together is really quite cheeky.

I have all the packs (minus one GP and a couple of Kits) on PC but occasionally I like to play on my PS5. That’s when I notice certain things are not part of base game and it totally throws me off. Once you’ve experienced “all the things” it’s hard to play without them.

I agree with you that they could’ve limited the Milestones to what Sims accomplish in base game and made it available for all. But I’m someone who thinks all the world and character systems should be base game: the fame system, the Eco pollution system, lifestyles…

And I still have no idea why Odd Jobs are only available if you own Island Living.

I know everyone has their opinion about certain things of what should be in the base game since things like fame system and eco pollution do play into the theme of said pack that's fine. Though basic things to improve on Sims shallow like personality feels like a must have to me you know? Since sometimes I hav ea habit of gravitating towards samey traits with sims. Having them having more likes and dislikes for conversations that makes a difference in how they socialize with other sims is verrrry important for sure. Even the changing of traits during gameplay or some added as well. Just more organic and natural that your sims can change overtime you know?

Gives a fuller experience with sims and not having to rely on mods in varying personality.

5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    itsTheSimsGuyitsTheSimsGuy Posts: 77 Member
    Needs more likes and dislikes in general. We are missing them for more than half of the activities our sims can do.

Everything is just half done. They do half of a pack really well, and the rest just kinda gets forgotten. They don’t even bother to relate the packs anymore. Some of the spells for example don’t even work on the newer items because they simply didn’t bother to add the option 🤷🏼‍♂️