Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 things you hope they will bring to the Sims 5?

PantasticalCatPantasticalCat Posts: 38 Member
Since they've officially announced the Sims 5 (biggest eyeroll physically possible) what are some of your favorite features from the Sims 3 that they totally skipped over for the Sims 4 that you think could really make the Sims 5 way better?? Feel free to also include Sims 4 features since even though I don't love that game, there were some cool things! I'll go first!

- Skin, hair, & eye color customization! No more palettes, give us color wheels!!
- I know people have said this many times, but open world gameplay, PLEASE!
- Better storylines, I felt that sims 3 worlds and expansions had more personality than sims 4
- Expansion & game packs are not obviously a cash grab and have actual content in them (I'm looking at sims 4 werewolves, vampires, & spellcasters vs sims 3 supernatural)

I could come up with some more but I want to leave gameplay stuff for other people to share!
~Call me Cat, compulsive storyteller!
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    WispyeWispye Posts: 141 Member
    open world cars and horses
  • Options
    MantleJackalMantleJackal Posts: 373 Member
    I would like to see Open world but only if they learn how to properly optimize it so that it doesn't cause so much lag. Many games have done open world with no performance issues. EA/Maxis shouldn't have such an issue with it at this point.

I also like the little perk or skill trees that occult sims have in sims 4 so combining those features with 3's features to create fully fleshed out supernatural sims would be neat. For the most part occult sims are essentially human sims with extra features so anything that makes them their own thing and not reskins.
  • Options
    AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    Here are my thoughts.
    We need an open world.
    Build tools should allow for more freedom, similar to Sims 3. I find sims 4 too restrictive and does not allow for advanced builds.
  • Options
    StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    Everything except lag and glitches but that's wishful thinking obviously :D
  • Options
    IranuellaIranuella Posts: 1 New Member
    Allow an offline mode for the computer that doesn't have to use ea app to run. Have ALL the content into the game for a higher but decent price. ie "25 dollars for base game but make it 60 dollars for a "deluxe" for all dlcs and addins even for new release ones" instead of having us pay a month's worth of rent to own dlc
  • Options
    PrincessrozeeSPrincessrozeeS Posts: 390 Member
    Since they've officially announced the Sims 5 (biggest eyeroll physically possible) what are some of your favorite features from the Sims 3 that they totally skipped over for the Sims 4 that you think could really make the Sims 5 way better?? Feel free to also include Sims 4 features since even though I don't love that game, there were some cool things! I'll go first!

- Skin, hair, & eye color customization! No more palettes, give us color wheels!!
    - Better storylines, I felt that sims 3 worlds and expansions had more personality than sims 4
    - Expansion & game packs are not obviously a cash grab and have actual content in them (I'm looking at sims 4 werewolves, vampires, & spellcasters vs sims 3 supernatural)

I could come up with some more but I want to leave gameplay stuff for other people to share!

I have recently gone back to playing the Sims 3 (on a new computer) even though jumping through hoops to get the game to run. Still can't install some packs as it freezes my game.

Things I would like to see in the Sims 5. The biggest thing about the Sims 3 over the Sims 4 is how the non playing Sims play a role in the game. They are alive in the game, have character, interact with other Sims in the game, doing all kinds of things that make the game fun. This was also the case in the Sims 2.

I love the colour wheel to customize items. This makes the game very individual.

I enjoy the "opportunies" in the game although not so much being linked to achieving things like being able to make the first Simbot or getting an Omi Plant.

I like the open world but it comes at a price. I like being able to rotate my households in play. I want to be able to go back to the family I previously played and find that everything is exactly as I left them, just as they were in the Sims 2.

I would like to see University where it was more like in the Sims 2. Not as in the Sims 3 and Sims 4 where classes are controlled. Graduation in the Sims 3 and Sims 4 was never as good as in the Sims 2. Also a secret society as in the Sims 2. All these little touches make the game fun.

I would like to see a more Open for Business EP as in the Sims 2. This was never the same in the Sims 3 and Sims 4.

Not keen on the rabbit holes in the Sims 3 or the fact we cant send our Sims to visit other worlds from the one they live in without moving the entire household or saving the household to the bin.

I love World Aventures in the Sims 3 as a vacation destination. Something like this in a new Sims 5 would be fun.

I love playing the firefighters in the Sims 3. In the Sims 4 sending Sims to a place of work is fun and I would like to see this in a new Sims 5

The Sims 3 has lot of issues with bugs. I feel that they should be concentrating on getting any issues in a new Sims 5 game sorted before adding new content. It does not make for fun playing when things are not working as they should.

I like to the freedom to choose whether I play with aging on or aging off and to make choices about how I play my game. I don't want to be controlled to play in a certain way. I want the choice of not having the game decide for me about how other Sims are controlled in the neighbourhood by moving them in/out, letting them have babies, etc. The game should be how I want to play my neighbourhood and options to turn features off like this should be available.

I would like to be able to put down any grid size anywhere in the neighbourhood to add houses or build on. I have always found this restrictive in the Sims 3. I much preferred how the Neighbourhoods were in the Sims 2. I always found building in the Sims 3 difficult especially with basements. It seemed so much easier for me in the Sims 2. I try not to build in the Sims 4 but it did seem a bit better than in the Sims 3 for me at least.

I would like to see EP's added in order of life experiences so we can build on our Sims lives. I think the University EP in the Sims 3 was added far to late. It should have been one of the first EP's to added to the game.

I am sure I will come across more things that are fun as I continue to play the Sims 3, that are better than the Sims 4. I have only been playing a few months after not playing for nearly decade. But it is a lot more fun to play even with all the bugs and gliches!

• Options

I have recently gone back to playing the Sims 3 (on a new computer) even though jumping through hoops to get the game to run. Still can't install some packs as it freezes my game.

Things I would like to see in the Sims 5. The biggest thing about the Sims 3 over the Sims 4 is how the non playing Sims play a role in the game. They are alive in the game, have character, interact with other Sims in the game, doing all kinds of things that make the game fun. This was also the case in the Sims 2.

I love the colour wheel to customize items. This makes the game very individual.

I enjoy the "opportunies" in the game although not so much being linked to achieving things like being able to make the first Simbot or getting an Omi Plant.

I like the open world but it comes at a price. I like being able to rotate my households in play. I want to be able to go back to the family I previously played and find that everything is exactly as I left them, just as they were in the Sims 2.

I would like to see University where it was more like in the Sims 2. Not as in the Sims 3 and Sims 4 where classes are controlled. Graduation in the Sims 3 and Sims 4 was never as good as in the Sims 2. Also a secret society as in the Sims 2. All these little touches make the game fun.

I would like to see a more Open for Business EP as in the Sims 2. This was never the same in the Sims 3 and Sims 4.

Not keen on the rabbit holes in the Sims 3 or the fact we cant send our Sims to visit other worlds from the one they live in without moving the entire household or saving the household to the bin.

I love World Aventures in the Sims 3 as a vacation destination. Something like this in a new Sims 5 would be fun.

I love playing the firefighters in the Sims 3. In the Sims 4 sending Sims to a place of work is fun and I would like to see this in a new Sims 5

The Sims 3 has lot of issues with bugs. I feel that they should be concentrating on getting any issues in a new Sims 5 game sorted before adding new content. It does not make for fun playing when things are not working as they should.

I like to the freedom to choose whether I play with aging on or aging off and to make choices about how I play my game. I don't want to be controlled to play in a certain way. I want the choice of not having the game decide for me about how other Sims are controlled in the neighbourhood by moving them in/out, letting them have babies, etc. The game should be how I want to play my neighbourhood and options to turn features off like this should be available.

I would like to be able to put down any grid size anywhere in the neighbourhood to add houses or build on. I have always found this restrictive in the Sims 3. I much preferred how the Neighbourhoods were in the Sims 2. I always found building in the Sims 3 difficult especially with basements. It seemed so much easier for me in the Sims 2. I try not to build in the Sims 4 but it did seem a bit better than in the Sims 3 for me at least.

I would like to see EP's added in order of life experiences so we can build on our Sims lives. I think the University EP in the Sims 3 was added far to late. It should have been one of the first EP's to added to the game.

I am sure I will come across more things that are fun as I continue to play the Sims 3, that are better than the Sims 4. I have only been playing a few months after not playing for nearly decade. But it is a lot more fun to play even with all the bugs and gliches!

I sooo agree with you about the open world but your households keep playing without you thing. I think they could remedy that easily, like an option for played households not to storyprogress without you. And yeah, a TON of issues with sims 3 were bad programming, routing, and lag issues which I think goes to show how good the gameplay was and how much the game's value could be increased if EA were to quit making new games and just put a huge effort into completely revamping the sims 3! From the modding community, we know for a fact that the game can be hugely improved!! but we know they just want money so they wont do that... jajaja.

It's super fascinating to see someone playing sims 3 for the first time after playing sims 4... I wonder if it's like a backwards reaction! Me playing sims 4 was like shock and awe at the incredible graphics and smooth animation and gameplay... only to realize, "hey... where's the rest of the game? all I'm doing is having babies and building houses."
  • Options
    ALSO!! @PrincessrozeeS if you're ok with adding mods to your game, "nraas traveler" allows you to visit any other sims 3 world as a vacation destination, so you don't have to do that annoying moving/save household to bin process! They also have lots of other mods to reduce lag, allow you more control over your worlds, and better story progression!
  • Options
    SimmingWithDanaeSimmingWithDanae Posts: 15 Member
    This is probably an unpopular opinion but I actually prefer the closed world of the Sims 1 and 2. I feel it gives me more control over inactive households and doesn't put as much stress on the game to be operating an entire world at once. Loading screens don't bother me personally, but I know they do bother other people quite a bit. Many people consider the open world to be the Sims 3's greatest strength, but I personally play it more so for the traits and the beautiful worlds. I hope the Sims 5 has large worlds that are big enough to accommodate the expanding population of rotational play.
  • Options
    BaronwynBaronwyn Posts: 15 Member
    Another vote for open worlds. Also a vote for @PrincessrozeeS's building ideas.
  • Options
    rikkidevdrikkidevd Posts: 1 New Member
    I will always vote for open world 1st and foremost! Another thing I have been thinking about recently is adding a little more nuance to the Elder age group in terms of special characteristics, socializations, new elder-specific moodlets and objects, etc. I think that the elder age group is a bit of an afterthought currently.
  • Options
    CherbitDipCherbitDip Posts: 116 Member
    I've often thought that if we had a Sims game that took the humor and attention to detail from Sims 2, open world and create a style of Sims 3 and create a sim of Sims 4 then that would be an amazing Sims game.
  • Options
    stickykissesstickykisses Posts: 2,039 Member
    open world and color wheel. :smile: Besides those two, anything the devs do I would probably enjoy very much. I wonder how many times EA executives have heard players talk about the open world and color wheel, lol Probably A LOT.

I also wish they would do the worlds a bit differently. Let us place lots anywhere that's reasonable. Let us place at least a few lots, right next to each other. So we could make a proper downtown if we wanted. Remember that as the series progresses, they'll add beach lots. So when they make the worlds, enable those in advance. Twinbrooks was my favorite terrain but you need a user made version of it if you want to place beach lots. And... make the worlds bigger to accommodate all the extra lot types which are coming. People with smaller systems could still play them, all they have to is not add the extra lots.

• Options
    SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,143 Member
    edited April 2023
    This post is going to be filled with wishful thinking, but..

..if it's anything I would like to see in The Sims 5, it would have to be...

... my Sims 3 sims. ;) This is of course never going to happen, but having some sorts of backwards compatability where I can import towns/saves/sims from Sims 3 and continue playing them in Sims 5 almost like "nothing happened" would definately make me interested in the next installment of the series... Currently I'm not interested in starting anything new... I care about my sims and the world that I have already created, and whatever I do Sims related from now on is going to take place in that world, or not happen at all....

Other than that.. of course I want to see open worlds. The Sims 3 is pretty much the only Sims game I have played (apart from a short period of playing Sims 2), so the open world is a(nother) must have.

And second.. customization. Choosing colours, patterns, etc...

..and being able to make your own towns through some kind of Create a World Tool...

Offline play. The Sims is a single player game. No need to go online.

A game that runs smoothly and without bugs.

No, I'm not having a hiccup. The above point is pretty important, so I mentioned it three times... the players know this, but I want the company and the game developers to know this too..
    ..basically, an upgrade of what I already (Sims 3) have would make happy.. I have no need for a new game..
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • Options
    stickykissesstickykisses Posts: 2,039 Member
    edited April 2023
    CherbitDip wrote: »
    I've often thought that if we had a Sims game that took the humor and attention to detail from Sims 2, open world and create a style of Sims 3 and create a sim of Sims 4 then that would be an amazing Sims game.

oh that is so perfect, it would be heaven.

Btw, If EA is listening (probably not but just in case), I was SHOCKED to return to the game after all this time and find that I was still able to access all my Store content!!!! Didn't expect it to all be there, I seriously love EA for this. They had said at the time years ago that the Store would probably close and we'd lose all our stuff. But because I can still access all that stuff now, I no longer hate them for breaking my heart with loading screens and no color wheel :p

Was trying to say, that I am infinitely more likely to buy sims5 now.

• Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited April 2023
    I would like them to base Sims 5 on Sims 3. I don’t think they’ll ever update an old game to be a new one.

Why not base a new game with the current technology as a nod to an older game though?

Changes (which is why it would be a different game) you always start in neighbourhood view, rather then last household. You select the house you want to play that session. (More like Sims 2)

Updated graphics. If open world is too much, then open neighbourhood.
    One area with an apartment block, a park, local cafe, bakery and dry cleaners.

Able to buy individual items as opposed to buying a whole pack if desired, new DLC model.

Colour wheel, Create a style & Create a world.

You pick and choose the elements. Minimal patching and able to select if want additional free stuff included or just the patch fix.

Seasons, choose how snowfall and leaves get cleared up. Sims have to do it or it disappears when next season starts etc. If heavy snow storm school and college closes. You can use up vacation time for work.

Player selects amount of traits rather than set amount.
    Sim1; gloomy, neurotic, prefers indoors, hates sunlight and has expensive tastes.
    Sim2; prefers sleep, can sleep on any surface.
    Sim3; romantic, dreamy, prefers fishing, bookworm and prefers outdoors.

Trains and train station (even a rabbit hole). When sending Sims to work they walk to the station if no other transport. No more vanishing outside the house! 🙄🤦🏼‍♂️

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    dothesmustledothesmustle Posts: 1,851 Member
    A base game that is not so pared back that it is little more than a minimally interactive screen saver with all the depth of a puddle would be nice, but I digress.

From TS3:
    Open world is a must for me.
    Colour wheel and pattern selector is an other must.
    All age brackets (baby, toddler, child, teen, ya, adult and elder) available from the start,
    Pools, hot tubs, baby equipment, toys and gardening/ fishing/ self employment available from the start
    At least basic pets available from the start they could always be further fleshed out in one of the undoubtedly many EPs to follow.
    I like all the EPs so wouldn't mind seeing them rebooted and enhanced but would loathe to see them being pared down and sold as EP's and SP's separately.
    I definitely want Supernatural complete with Alchemy which I love.

Essentially for Sims 5 I want to see a return of ingenuity, I want something new and I want it to work when and if I buy it, I want a return of quality and value for the player because whilst I see the benefit of a modular game only; installing what you want to suit your play style it certainly becomes prohibitively expensive when every single thing is compartmentalised and cashed in on. There is a difference between a business fulfilling its profit need and corporate greed which I have seen more than a little of with the Sims series.
    You can call me smustle or Lori if you prefer.
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    • Open world or open neighborhoods.
    • Basic transports. Meaning: cars, bikes, scooters or skateboards of some sort, and definitely a subway or railway system. The floating railway system from TS3: Into the Future is one of my favorite features ever.
    • Better community lots/shopping. We need a more detailed retail system. Something more even relating to TS2 not even TS3.
    • More interactions for children to play together. Literally begging for mary mack, rock paper scissors, hopscotch, etc.
    • For the teen life stage to again actually feel like they are their own separate life stage from young adults.
    • Other pets besides cats & dogs and are NOT in a DLC for DLC. Rodents, reptiles, amphibians, birds, etc.
    • Going back to the original traits system and removing the emotions system. I find emotions to be incredibly frustrating and they don't add any real personality to the sims. Sims 3 traits really made sims feel more like unique individuals.